Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a mom with "eyes in the back of her head." Teeheee. I suspect that nothing that Harry & Meghan's kids get up to will get past their papa.

I know it's early days yet...but I cannot WAIT to see him as a papa :flowers: And, of course, Meghan as a mom as well! So exciting that he will finally have a partner and his own family unit. I can't wait to see them growing in the coming years!!

For engagements coming up in December there is the Harry Van Straubenzee memorial Christmas Carol concert . Harry and William are joint patrons of this and Harry has been on previous occasions, so it's a possibility that we could see them there.

Last edited:
For engagements coming up in December there is the Harry Wentworth Stanley memorial Christmas Carol concert . Harry and William are joint patrons of this and Harry has been on previous occasions, so it's a possibility that we could see them there.

I think you mean Henry van Strabaneze. Or at least I assume you do. That is the carol concert they attend in December, the Middletons have gone as well. The princes are indeed patrons.

Harry Wentworth Stanley is alive, at least as of April of this year. He was out on the town with Cressida. His brother James there is a foundation for (he committed suicide). I don't recall hearing any carol concert or the princes involved in.

Wonder when that concert is. It was held around the 3/4 previous years. No sign of it having been this weekend.

Harry does have an event tomorrow. He is scheduled to attend the London fire brigade carol concert at Westminster abbey tomorrow.

Last edited:
That's what comes of quickly posting after reading an item about Cressida Bonas and then rushing off out! Thanks! Yes, the Harry Van Straubanzee concert is in mid December as far as I remember. The couple may turn up to it, may not, but it's an event to keep in mind I think.

That’s my thing too. These ladies are blessed with a lot of hair. It’s a good thing for future generations considering the boys’ thinning hair. :lol:

That's the truth!! :lol:

I especially noticed that. My thoughts actually were that if the UK had Harry and Meghan around during the time of George III, the US might still be a part of the UK. They're that good. This couple is going to be awesome on the world stage.

That makes me think of something of funny. Do you remember the report awhile back where a man in the US wrote the Queen asking her to take us back? She actually responded to him. :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes me think of something of funny. Do you remember the report awhile back where a man in the US wrote the Queen asking her to take us back? She actually responded to him. :lol::lol::lol:

I most definitely remember that. I've referred to it from time to time when things get absolutely crazy here in the US. :D

I most definitely remember that. I've referred to it from time to time when things get absolutely crazy here in the US. :D

I just read an article about this after seeing you guys talk about it. It was funny - so nice that they actually respond back!

My friend was here for a christmas party this weekend and wrote ahead to the Obamas asking to have lunch with them since he'd "be in town". :lol:

They actually wrote back - or the correspondent did - saying they'd be out of town and to enjoy DC while he was here.

I think I might write to the Queen now. Maybe even Meghan and Harry. Just to see what I get back.

Colbert said a similar thing on TV last week

Not to sound too much like a fangirl here but I do love how touchy feely they are. Their chemistry really is palpable. It's refreshing to see within the BRF.

So remember that video of Harry, RPO, and photographer yesterday? With the skip? Lainey posted another view of it today. It seems that the photographer was being a pain in the ass with his camera on other people's head and equipment. The camera guy in front of him finally had enough of it and turned around to snap at him. That's what Harry intervened. He then stood in between Meghan and the situation and eventually took her away from there. Link below, scroll down. 6:30 mark.

Prince Harry without Meghan at London Fire Brigade carol service

So remember that video of Harry, RPO, and photographer yesterday? With the skip? Lainey posted another view of it today. It seems that the photographer was being a pain in the ass with his camera on other people's head and equipment. The camera guy in front of him finally had enough of it and turned around to snap at him. That's what Harry intervened. He then stood in between Meghan and the situation and eventually took her away from there. Link below, scroll down. 6:30 mark.

Prince Harry without Meghan at London Fire Brigade carol service

ARGH no sound! But yes you can see what happens. Gotta love the finger point and stern look from Harry!

LaRae

ARGH no sound! But yes you can see what happens. Gotta love the finger point and stern look from Harry!

LaRae

It was kind of hot. He is very protective, ushering her away to the other side of the street.

It was kind of hot. He is very protective, ushering her away to the other side of the street.

Yep. People can say what they want...but most women like it when men are more old fashioned in their actions. Opening doors, walking on the part of the sidewalk that is next to the street, protective gestures etc.

I'm sure Meghan appreciates these qualities as well (notices to the press to back off etc).

LaRae

This thread is for current events. The discussion about whether Meghan can walk in front of Harry during engagements has been moved to Royal Protocol and Etiquette. The discussion about bowing and curtseying has been moved to the Bowing and Curtseying thread.

A new engagement announced.

Prince Harry and Ms. Markle will visit @ReprezentRadio in Brixton on 9th January, to see their work supporting young people through creative training in radio and broadcasting, and to learn more about their model of using music, radio and media for social impact.

Last edited:
This sounds like a very interesting engagement. Can't wait to see and hear more.

I'd been wondering when their next joint engagement would be, so I'm glad that there is one next week.

Harry and Meghan's engagement for Reprezent on 1/9 is being reported as dividing the company. It's predominantly people of in Brixton. Some welcome the visit, some don't saying it's window dressing and the royals never visited their community before . They're only here because Meghan is biracial. This should be interesting because it will a proving ground for Meghan to see if she can handle this side of Royal life.

Harry and Meghan's engagement for Reprezent on 1/9 is being reported as dividing the company. It's predominantly people of in Brixton. Some welcome the visit, some don't saying it's window dressing and the royals never visited their community before . They're only here because Meghan is biracial. This should be interesting because it will a proving ground for Meghan to see if she can handle this side of Royal life.

I'm not sure how this will be proving ground for her or how she can handle this side of royal life. She'll go and do her part. There will always be people that have problems with things. From the reports I've read, it's not so much as dividing the company as it is people living there, most of which seems to have problems with the royals in general, and not just her.

Brixton, and it's social and ethnic 'mix' is undeniably a challenge for any 'authority figure'
WHATSOEVER..
It's adventurous [and brave] of them to go there..

Isn't that where they went for their first official outing?

LaRae

they went for their first official outing?

No, that was Nottingham.. altogether more 'Vanilla'...[as in 'bland'].

Last edited:
What time is their meeting tomorrow? I don't want to keep hit "refresh" on my Google search like a monkey on crack until I need to. ?

Does anyone have any update on this visit? I've been keeping an eye on the news but there hasn't been any reports as yet.

They have just said sometime this afternoon. No one seems to know exactly when, yet.

LaRae

The crowds are starting to gather ...but I think that's been going on for awhile now.

LaRae

It should be soon. The royal reporters are there now. They do know the time, but the Palace does ask them not to publish specific time.

For those interested, Sky News Live is likely to break in live when they arrive. They've already shown live footage of the crowd gathering.

Last edited:
Rhiannon Mills just said on air that it'll be in the next half an hour or so. That's as specific as she can be due to security.

I'm watching Sky News UK live and they said security was very tight, in 'lockdown' their Royal reporter said, and she couldn't be more specific about Harry and Meghan's arrival than about 25 minutes from now. Crowds are gathering though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom