The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Definately. Of course, when she came on the TV I'd have to alter to colours to make her less orange but we have plenty of orange celebs she'd get on with. She's got style, the looks, the breeding. Yes. We want her.
Well, we don't, in particular (as long as we're using the royal "we," of course). I mean, it's not as though William actually knows her or anything.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:01 PM

I was using the Royal we. I am Queen after all.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicia
Yes, I feel exactly the same way. And not only does she have royal lineage, but all four of her grandparents were Kings and Queens. She really has the most impeccable royal blood of any contender. She is pretty and nice and I really want William and Theodora to marry. I don't want William to be the first British king to produce a legitiate recognised heir with a woman born with absolutely no title or royal blood. I think that would be very sad. Royal blood and genealogy are still important to some people, especially me! If William and Theodora fail to marry then I would like William to marry Lady Gabriella Windsor. And no they are not too closely related, they only have one set of great-great grandparents in common, actually they are great grandparents to Gabriella - I am refering to George V and Queen Mary of course.
Felicia, I understand your point. As an American I wasn't thinking about the fact that Kate is a commoner, I was just thinking about the fact that William loves her, but the truth is she isn't titled or anything, and that probably does make her unsuitable for the position of the future queen.
Quote:
Theodora, Gabriella, Madeleine - they're all good matches. Kate and William are still together TonyaR and I'm sure Kate is lovely but I just dont see her as a future member of the BRF.
Okay guys, I the light has clicked on and I understand it now !!
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I was using the Royal we. I am Queen after all.
See, I could have sworn you were her daughter in law. Want me to give your avatar an upgrade?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:20 PM

Damn. You blew my cover. I told Charlie it wouldn't work. One day though...one day....
Old 07-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Beatrixfan..I must have missed your Kate posts...but why do you think she is not a good fit? Is it because she doesnt have an aristocratic background?

Old 07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Commoner

do u think he can't marry a non aristocratic girl? i think it'd not be a big deal if he does, 'cause most of the princes over europe are doing it ... the thing is if the british people would allow it; not even thinking if he does what willem alexander of the netherlands or rainier of monaco did!
Old 07-26-2006, 09:09 PM

Well, for one thing, Kate always seems to be sulky and frowning. She was a bit of a wimp over the whole press thing and I just think, if you don't like it now, then it aint gonna get any better darling. I don't like the fact that she's not from an aristocratic background at all. I want a bit of class and breeding in my RF. I find Kate boring and plasticky and IMO William is very boring and plasticky. I just see them as a bland couple with no personality and that can't be a good thing. Now Madeleine has all the things we want (apart from the tan). He has so many Princesses to choose from, and yes you're going to give me the love stuff but I'm afraid love doesn't come into IMO. Yes it's nice but the future of the monarchy hinges on that boy and if he doesn't get the right gal, then it's all going to turn sour. Maybe I'm being unfair.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yes it's nice but the future of the monarchy hinges on that boy and if he doesn't get the right gal, then it's all going to turn sour. Maybe I'm being unfair.
No, you're being hard headed and realistic and practical. That is how royal marriages have to be looked at if they are going to be successful.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Nobility

I think that both Tzu An and BeatrixFan make good points, realistic and practical are the best words. On the other hand, happiness is important and I think Wills is happy with Kate. I believe they will marry and she will get used to the press, if she loves him she will get used to anything. She's no Charlotte Casiraghi (that's for sure!!!), but she seems to be quite compatible with Wills. I wish them the best!

Ani
Old 07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Administrator

I would also agree that Tzu An and BeatrixFan have good points...but I have to wonder...after the last couple of marriages (Charles/Diana/Camilla, Sarah/Andrew, Anne/Mark/Tim heck even Edward/Sophie)...do you really need excitement. Maybe a predictable, non showy couple would bring stability to the monarchy. Its worked in the past (George/Elizabeth)!

And that Madeline pairing is definitely not going to happen. She couldn't even hang in London for a couple of months! The press was too much for her.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:48 PM

You make a good point Zonk but although a George/Elizabeth team worked for us before, we're not in the 1940s sadly and the attitude towards monarchy has changed so much. I dont think people would stomach a predictable, non showy couple. We don't want constant fireworks but we want a little punch and William and Kate just don't seem to have that.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if Harry marries Chelsy, that might provide the missing fireworks.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Commoner

I think that, at the end of the day, we have to say that there is a lot of diversity of people in England right now, so it'll not be a bad thing if William marries a non-aristocratic working girl, maybe foreign. If this happens, she'd really, i mean really representing the reality of the united kingdom, 'cause there are not only princes and aristocratic people in the country.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:07 PM

Don't get me started on Chelsy. I mean - Chelsy. I dread to think of a Royal Family with Princess Pushy replaced by Princess Chavvy. Priscilla, I see your point but we don't want the BRF to represent the reality of the United Kingdom. We want them to be better than us, above us, removed from us. Thats why we love em. Because they are so different to us.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Nobility

I disagree with BeatrixFan about Kate on most points but I agree with you about Chelsy on some. We'll just have to wait & see on all of this.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
On the other hand, happiness is important and I think Wills is happy with Kate.
Well happiness is important, but so is the institution.

Quote:
Don't get me started on Chelsy. I mean - Chelsy. I dread to think of a Royal Family with Princess Pushy replaced by Princess Chavvy.
*shudder* Gross. That is the last thing Britain needs. Why don't they marry someone from the commonwealth? Strengthen ties with a country with whom relations are floundering.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Administrator

I am sure Chelsy is a nice girl..and I know this thread isn't about her....but I hope Harry doesn't marry her.

I wish for Wiliam to marry someone who loves him for himself, understands his position and the role she will play along his side. Someone with aristocratic background would work best...yes, it didn't work his mother but there were a lot of other issues that came into play with that one. But someone who is familiar with the workings of British society would fit best.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Don't get me started on Chelsy. I mean - Chelsy. I dread to think of a Royal Family with Princess Pushy replaced by Princess Chavvy. Priscilla, I see your point but we don't want the BRF to represent the reality of the United Kingdom. We want them to be better than us, above us, removed from us. Thats why we love em. Because they are so different to us.
Beatrix, you are exactly right. I am sooo tired of folks whining that Kate is not fit to be William's wife because she is too ________(fill in the blank);The sole problem with Kate is that she just isn't a blueblood. The public has little interest in her because she is just like the rest of us. If William marries her, the monarchy's days will, without a doubt, be limited IMO.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie8907
Beatrix, you are exactly right. I am sooo tired of folks whining that Kate is not fit to be William's wife because she is too ________(fill in the blank);The sole problem with Kate is that she just isn't a blueblood. The public has little interest in her because she is just like the rest of us. If William marries her, the monarchy's days will, without a doubt, be limited IMO.
Yes I agree. The monarchy of Britain depends on royal blood to support all its pomp and splendour and jewels and palaces etc. Kate is just not good enough. There is no royal blood and no title and no illustrious ancestors to speak of. I mean even Sarah Ferguson is descended from William the Conqueror (and Anne Boleyn's sister Mary I discovered) and Sophie Wessex is descended from Edward III. But Kate is just so ordinary and inapropriate. I think her face is not very pleasing at all. I am severely disappointed at the taste that William and Harry have exibited in women so far. Chelsly I think would never ever be allowed to marry Harry. She is just trashy in my opinion, and nobody has any respect for her. I mean ''Princess Chelsy" just sounds ridiculous.

Tags
marriage, prince harry, prince william