The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Administrator

I am not sure if Kate Nichols likes or dislikes the royals...it looks like her main focus is to stir up dirt. And it doesn't matter if its true or not....the Palace is only going to respond to the most outlandish comments.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
if Harry and/or William if see this situation with to-be-wife early pregnant how do you think would be the style of their marriage?
Oh dear, let's just hope this never happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I wouldn't think William or Harry would be silly enough to marry just to keep the baby in line for the succesion, if they didn't feel they were ready for marraige, because that could turn out worse.
I agree with you. It would be foolish for any girl to try to become pregnant in order to force the prince to marry her. I think it would backfire on her and it would constantly be a shadow over her head. She would never know if he married her because he had to or if he really did want to. Not to mention the press would always bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianadebraga View Post
Well, but you will agree with me that if Harry & Chelsy or Kate & William or William & Harry with other girlfriends in this situation and resolve not to marry will be a full plate for the tabloids.

Sincerely (hypothetically speaking) if Chelsy become pregnant (of Harry), they resolve not to marry, I think she should raised this child in South Africa or a country like Switzerland. Because honestly if she gets pregnant and they do not marry, I would be so sorry for their child be raised in England to the delight of the tabloids!
The tabloids, being as they are, would have a field day either way. And they would more than likely find out even if Chelsy or whoever raised the child elsewhere. The tabloids are not known for their understanding and kindness so I'm sure they make fodder out of situation and overdramatize it. They would definately get lots of stories out of it.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

If they found out about the pregnancy early enough (and these days you can find out in a few weeks) they would probably quickly put together a nice royal wedding and televise it like usual and not say anything about the pregnancy until after the wedding so that it doesn't mar the ceremony. As Iluvbertie said these events are mostly planned out ahead of time so it wouldn't be difficult to do. I'm not sure if many royalty would be able to come on short notice. They would need to have the wedding within 3-4 months before the bride started showing her bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
I think Chelsy would certainly wear something appropriate. Doesn't the Queen inspect the dress before the wedding? I remember reading that the queen saw Diana's dress after it was finished and before the wedding. Would the prince's brides need to have the queen's approval for the style of dress or would they have free reign?
I didn't realize the Queen had to approve Diana's dress. I suppose it makes sense. Afterall it would be an awful thing on the day of the wedding for the bride to walk down the aisle in a peacock looking dress or some other horrid creation to the astonishment of the guests and embarrassment to the royal family. However, I would think the Queen would want to look at the drawings of the dress in the beginning. Otherwise if they finished it and the Queen thought it was too awful for words then they'd have to start all over.
On the other hand, how strict would the queen be? It is a matter of personal taste/style isn't it? Or perhaps she would allow the bride to wear whatever she wanted, within reason.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure the queen would be OK with whatever the bride chooses so long as it's within reason and not some rainbow colored monstrosity of a dress that will cause her and the whole church to faint due to the lack of taste.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah but everyone on the fashion forum would sure have fun with it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Courtier

I can't remember .. who got Diana's sapphire engagement ring ....William or Harry ???????????????
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

William got the ring. I read an article in the Mirror at the time of her death (take it for what it's worth) that Charles told the two boys to take anything of hers they wanted and William took the ring. So it is presumably, still in his possession. Should he become engaged to Kate, I doubt he'd use that exact same ring, but he might have the stones taken out and put into a new setting, which I think would not only be beautiful, but a nice tribute to his mother.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am not sure if Kate Nichols likes or dislikes the royals...it looks like her main focus is to stir up dirt. And it doesn't matter if its true or not....the Palace is only going to respond to the most outlandish comments.
I agree Zonk. It's rare for the palace to make any responses to what's being put in the press. The last time they had to make a statement is when the Middleton's were suing that photographer for taking pics of Kate playing tennis. They were trying to link the Royal's to the situation and the palace flat out denied any involvement with the situation.

I think Katie Nicholls is just frustrated at not having any real info. on the royals.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
If they found out about the pregnancy early enough...
If they had a quickie wedding it wouldn't matter if they waited until after to announce the pregnancy, the press would pick up on the fact that it was such a short engagement.
How long is a normal engagement, 6 months or 8 months? I don't remember how Charles and Diana's was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I'm sure the queen would be OK with whatever the bride chooses so long as it's within reason and not some rainbow colored monstrosity of a dress that will cause her and the whole church to faint due to the lack of taste.
Some would say Diana's dress was a monstrosity.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charles and Diana, Andrew and Sarah both announced their engagments in February, if my fading memory serves correctly and they married in July so about 6 months from engagement to ceremony.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Gentry

Very interesting points made in earlier comments about the famous RING. If William does have it, I also really doubt whether it would be just passed onto Kate. In it's present state it is too soon and only invokes memories of a bad marriage, not a good sign. However as stated, it might be an idea to have the stones re-set into another style, though quite what you could do with a big sapphire and surrounding diamonds, I don't know, other than have it the shape it already is. I suppose we will all find out soon enough.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The ring could be re-set into a necklace or bracelet. For either of the future wives of the boys.
As for the "suppose we will all find out soon enough" don't think either boy has plans of settling down, let alone re-setting there mothers engagement ring.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Courtier

^^
I thought the same about the resetting of the ring, maybe a necklace for his future daughter
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Majesty

... or perhaps just leaving it as it is as a memento of their mother. They both have the resources to buy as many necklaces as they want for the current and future women in their lives!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Courtier

^^
That's also a possibility, but I don't think that it will be the future engagement ring for P.W's fiancee
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would hate for it to be locked away in some vault never to be seen again.
I like the idea of giving it to a future daughter. I think Diana would've liked that. However it should be kept in the main line of the family as it has too much historical significance to end up in a future granddaughter's family. Wasn't there a stipulation that even jewels given to Diana had to return to the Crown upon her death?
Old 04-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

The discussion of Diana's wedding dress has been moved to the wedding thread.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wouldn't have a problem with William's wife wearing Diana's engagement ring but I agree it should be reset as a necklace or bracelet, not worn as a ring. And she should probably wait awhile before wearing it to avoid criticisms.

Was Harry given any substantial jewelry pieces from Diana's collection?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Gentry

Do you think Harry and Chelsy will get married?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Gentry

When Harry & William get married the wedding will take place in London, regardless of anything?

If they marry already have official titles (eg Prince of blablabla, Duke of blablabla) this will influence the location (city and maybe even church, etc.) where the wedding will take place?

Closed Thread

Tags
chelsy davy, engagement, prince harry, security, zimbabwe