The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Majesty

I think Athena did well. She has been to many events with her parents and cameras. Just recently Joachim and the Copenhagen race derbies.

I don't think her facing the press should be a reflection on if she is ready or not for school. The two are not dependent on each other.
She might just had an off day with the press, but I'm sure she will enjoy school.

Now what are Marie and Joachim going to occupy themselves with without lively Athena at home during the day lol

Old 08-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Normally Joachim's family doesn't make it into the dailymail...maybe it's because of the silly season

** dailymail: A right royal tantrum: Princess Athena of Denmark proves she is just like any other five-year-old as she throws.. **

Old 08-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Athena looks very similar to her cousin Isabella- I've never noticed it before!
Old 08-12-2017, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Normally Joachim's family doesn't make it into the dailymail...maybe it's because of the silly season

** dailymail: A right royal tantrum: Princess Athena of Denmark proves she is just like any other five-year-old as she throws.. **
Oh Dailymail, nice pictures but as always the headline and article are silly. And they can't even do basic research stating "Royal children now attend public schools in Denmark*"; Joachim's kids go to private schools.
But good on the Dailymail to refrain from mentioning Henrik's outbursts, at least for one article.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Dear Lord. What a headline and article. Typical Daily Fail dribble
Old 08-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Oh Dailymail, nice pictures but as always the headline and article are silly. And they can't even do basic research stating "Royal children now attend public schools in Denmark*"; Joachim's kids go to private schools.
But good on the Dailymail to refrain from mentioning Henrik's outbursts, at least for one article.
Plus they mention 2 paragraphs later that Athena's older brother attends "the same Catholic school."

I also loved how they worked in the part about Joachim meeting Marie while he was still married, like that's relevant.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Plus they mention 2 paragraphs later that Athena's older brother attends "the same Catholic school."

I also loved how they worked in the part about Joachim meeting Marie while he was still married, like that's relevant.
But it is a catholic private school and prince Henrik is attending the same school.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina View Post
But it is a catholic private school and prince Henrik is attending the same school.

In England isn't a private school called a public school I'm pretty sure it is. Anyway what's it matter ?
Old 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Correct.

That they are attending a Catholic school doesn't make that big a difference. The school is merely based on Catholic values and for predominantly Catholic children, it doesn't mean the pupils have to be, let alone are brought up to be Catholics.
J&M simply for reasons of their own chose and like this school.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Good for them for going with a school that meets their values.
Old 08-20-2017, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
In England isn't a private school called a public school I'm pretty sure it is. Anyway what's it matter ?

I got this message from one of my British friends:

A school you pay for is generally called a private school whereas the schools you can access freely are state schools but more of them are known as academies now
Old 08-20-2017, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Confusingly in the UK, in older times fee paying schools were known as public schools, hence the term "public school boys". This term has grown out of fashion though and usually only referred/refers to very traditional secondary (age 11-18) schools that are boarding schools and often single sex schools. So "private school" refers to all fee paying schools in the UK, some of which could also be called "public schools".
Schools that no not charge fees and are funded by the state are often known as "state schools" rather than "public schools". (Though even more confusingly in Scotland state schools are known as "public schools" - don't ask!)
Academies are a new type of school where they are funded wholly or largely by the state but are not under the control of the Local Authority and have more say in what and how they teach, they do not charge fees.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Nikolai's 18th birthday will be celebrated by a family dinner on the Dannebrog on August 28th.

Privat til redaktionerne: H.M. Dronningen holder middag i anledning af H.H. Prins Nikolais 18-års fødselsdag | Kongehuset

Old 08-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

How nice. A birthday dinner for her oldest grandson turning 18
Dronningen holder 18-års fest for prins Nikolai | BILLED-BLADET
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige...rs-fest-holdes
Looking forward to it
Old 08-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Indeed. BB will show live from the celebrations tomorrow at 18.40. Presumably guests arriving to Dannebrog by chaluppe.
It's not easy to find the live links on BB's site! But you can find them if you look: BILLED-BLADET Play – Danmarks Royale TV | Kongelige videoer fra BILLED-BLADET

I've just flipped through the BB magazine edition for this week, #34.
And there are a few details about Nikolai's future.

Monday is a normal day at school at Herlufsholm, so he will be celebrated in the evening.

It is in the stars that Joachim's children are destined to live a fairly ordinary life with their own careers, so tomorrow will not be an official flagday, nor will his birthday be a flagday in the future.
There are no plans for Nikolai to act as a Rigsforstander. So I guess he'll be kept in reserve, just in case, but otherwise he is unlikely to act as Rigsforstander. Perhaps never.
There will be no commemorative coins or stamps produced on the occasion of his birthday.
Nikolai will retain his place in the Line of Succession. Currently he is number seven.

According to Joachim it will be very much up to Nikolai himself whether he wish to take on protections or not.
I can only interpret that as Nikolai having no plans of becoming a working royal and I can't help wondering whether he will give up his title as prince once he marries.
According to Joachim, Nikolai is likely to sign up for volunteer conscription, provided he is physically able bodied. In fact Joachim pretty much expects it.

I believe he is physically able, since he has been doing parkour, which is a very physical activity.
Nikolai used to have a considerable interest in music. (Or at least he attended music lessons.) But he has lost interest in that in recent years, even though he is described as "musical".

- I think this is an indication of how the rest of Joachim's children will be handled. - I.e. unless they desire to become active, they will quietly glide out of the DRF.
Of course Joachim and Alexandra between them can offer their children an economically comfortable life.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Indeed. BB will show live from the celebrations tomorrow at 18.40. Presumably guests arriving to Dannebrog by chaluppe.
It's not easy to find the live links on BB's site! But you can find them if you look: BILLED-BLADET Play – Danmarks Royale TV | Kongelige videoer fra BILLED-BLADET

I've just flipped through the BB magazine edition for this week, #34.
And there are a few details about Nikolai's future.

Monday is a normal day at school at Herlufsholm, so he will be celebrated in the evening.

It is in the stars that Joachim's children are destined to live a fairly ordinary life with their own careers, so tomorrow will not be an official flagday, nor will his birthday be a flagday in the future.
There are no plans for Nikolai to act as a Rigsforstander. So I guess he'll be kept in reserve, just in case, but otherwise he is unlikely to act as Rigsforstander. Perhaps never.
There will be no commemorative coins or stamps produced on the occasion of his birthday.
Nikolai will retain his place in the Line of Succession. Currently he is number seven.

According to Joachim it will be very much up to Nikolai himself whether he wish to take on protections or not.
I can only interpret that as Nikolai having no plans of becoming a working royal and I can't help wondering whether he will give up his title as prince once he marries.
According to Joachim, Nikolai is likely to sign up for volunteer conscription, provided he is physically able bodied. In fact Joachim pretty much expects it.

I believe he is physically able, since he has been doing parkour, which is a very physical activity.
Nikolai used to have a considerable interest in music. (Or at least he attended music lessons.) But he has lost interest in that in recent years, even though he is described as "musical".

- I think this is an indication of how the rest of Joachim's children will be handled. - I.e. unless they desire to become active, they will quietly glide out of the DRF.
Of course Joachim and Alexandra between them can offer their children an economically comfortable life.
Do you think there's a chance for him giving up his royal title and live life as a Count de Monpezat?
Old 08-27-2017, 02:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Do you think there's a chance for him giving up his royal title and live life as a Count de Monpezat?
Yes, I actually think so. Once at least Christian has turned 18. - Just in case...
By then Nikolai my be well on his way in his education for whatever career he will choose. And a life as a commoner will give him more freedom in many ways.
He's a bright young man, with a good inheritance waiting for him, once Joachim is gone, so he doesn't have to remain a royal, simply to provide a suitable living for him. If I am to be cynical. - That after all has always been a problem with royal children who are either not the sharpest knife in the drawer or handicapped to a considerable extent.

He will of course be Count de Montpezat, but I think it's likely QMII, or perhaps king Frederik, will give him an additional title, if he gives up his title as prince. Perhaps Count of Frederiksborg? I'm sure Alexandra would approve.
And it will prevent a multitude of Montpezats all over the place in only a generation from now. and make it easier to distinguish Joachim's children from inactive children of M&F.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, I actually think so. Once at least Christian has turned 18. - Just in case...
By then Nikolai my be well on his way in his education for whatever career he will choose. And a life as a commoner will give him more freedom in many ways.
He's a bright young man, with a good inheritance waiting for him, once Joachim is gone, so he doesn't have to remain a royal, simply to provide a suitable living for him. If I am to be cynical. - That after all has always been a problem with royal children who are either not the sharpest knife in the drawer or handicapped to a considerable extent.

He will of course be Count de Montpezat, but I think it's likely QMII, or perhaps king Frederik, will give him an additional title, if he gives up his title as prince. Perhaps Count of Frederiksborg? I'm sure Alexandra would approve.
And it will prevent a multitude of Montpezats all over the place in only a generation from now. and make it easier to distinguish Joachim's children from inactive children of M&F.
I've long expected the Monpezat title to be a way of slowly easing people out of the Royal house like a modern day Rosenborg title. The public would know who the Monpezat are without having them as part of the DRF so to divide them up by adding more titles would be a pity to me.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Does Nikolai become a holder of the Order of the Elephant on his 18th birthday?
Old 08-28-2017, 02:07 AM
Majesty

Haapy 18th birthday to Prince Nikolai!!

What the handsome!!!

H.H. Prins Nikolai 18 år | Kongehuset

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYU52RzA...danskekongehus

Tags
prince felix, prince henrik, prince joachim's children, prince nikolai, princess athena, princess marie's children