Possible names and godparents for Joachim & Marie's baby

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Joachim likes obsure unusual names...so I think with Marie's French influence, something like:

Olivier Joachim Francois Alain
Maximilian Alain Francois Christian
Oscar Henri Alain Francois

Id like something focusing more on the Danish Germanic Roots
Gustavus Martin Soren Carl

godfather : Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
one of Marie's brother
one of friends
godmother : Crown Princess Mary
one of friends

CP Mary
Nikolaos of Greece & Denmark
Charles Cavallier
Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Marie and Joachim best friend
Princess Martha Louisa of Norway

Crown Princess Mary
Carina Axelsson/Princess Alexandra of SWB (one or the other)
Britt Siesbye

Prince Phillipos of Greece and Denmark
Brother of Maries from her mother
Brother of Maries from her father

I think the first given name will be something unexpected like Nikolai and Felix. I like the name Tristan and I think it goes well:

Nikolai, Felix and Tristan

For the middle names probably Alaine will be one and hopefully Joachim and a historical name such as Frederik, Valdemar or Christian

Maybe a Hapsburg or Romanov or a Bernadotte?

I am usually really bad at this guessing the name thing but these are a few ideas:

Joseph,
Julian,
Florian (the prince's name day),
Alain (Marie's father),
Philip,
Andre (one of Henrik and Frederik's names),
Michael (one of King Frederik's names)

(Her brother's names are fairly traditional boy's names so maybe they will go that route) I have no idea what his name will be but it will be interesting to find out.

I just realized that the baby could technically be named after his mother Marie! :lol: I've never realized that Princess Marie has a namesake in her father-in-law - Henri Marie Jean André! ;) I thought the name 'Marie' always followed the name 'Jean' with men but I guess I'm wrong. I've always found it a bit weird to name men 'Jean Marie', 'Jose Maria' etc. but I guess I can't understand it since I'm not catholic. :ermm:

I wish the prince would receive an old Danish name but I believe the name will be more likely French. Does anyone know more about Marie's or the Prince Consort's family trees? We might find more clues there.

P.S. I still haven't come up with a suggestion for a name. I'll get back to you on that later.

I am never even close in the naming game but I like:

Sebastien Xavier Henri Alain

Henri Alain Gustav Arthur

Henri for his paternal grandfather
Alain for his maternal grandfather
Gustav for Joachim's great grandfather
Arthur for Queen Margarethe's great grandfather, the Duke of Connaught

im sure Crown Princess Mary will be a godmother, another royal possibely one of the Greek cousins and also one to two from Marie's family and then a close friend of the couple.

i would image the christening to be sometime in mid to late july (isabella was born mid/late april and christened at the start of july)

Alain and Joachim was highly likely to be somewhere in the name but i cant decide on any first name!

The first name is the trickiest!

How about: _________ Alain Joachim Henri. I'm leaving the options open!

I'm adding Marie's best friend ( a french girl ) to the list !

Felix and Nikolai are to young I Think , Princess Benedikte possibly

I would love it if they named the little prince Philip (Phillipe), Its a royal french name, and it sounds really nice in Danish to, and is quite popular in Denmark:)

Other names that I like:

Lucas (both popular in Denmark and France)
Alexander
Athur
Nicolas (though quite similar to Nikolai, so I dont think its very likely)
Louis (I just love this name:wub:, but maybe its a little to french for a danish prince)

Ludvig Magnus Joachim Andre

Johan Peter Victor Franz

Valdemar Joachim Sebastion Wilhelm

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we know it's a boy :lol:

So far, Henri is your favourite bet for the boy's name. Alexander and Lucas are close runner-ups. Many of you also like André, Axel and Sebastian. Oliver is also a popular bet followed by a bunch of other names: Carl, Christopher, Oscar, Noah, Victor, Philippe, Gustav, Alain and Eric.

Naming the baby Henri after grandad sure would be a nice gesture! I personally doubt Alexandre because it is the son of their best friends Oscar and Britt(which is why I also doubt Oscar) and also because of Countess Alexandra.

How are the betquotes in Denmark for the names?

I wish the prince would receive an old Danish name but I believe the name will be more likely French. Does anyone know more about Marie's or the Prince Consort's family trees? We might find more clues there.

The wikipedia pages for Prince Henri and Princess Marie have family tress going back I believe to their great-great grandparents.
x

How are the betquotes in Denmark for the names?

I don't know what the odds are, but I read an article (can't remember where) that said that bookmakers were saying that the little prince's first name is most likely to be Albert. I don't know why and how they came up with this. We will see in a few months if they are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom