The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to Prince Felix. Nice official photos.
The shuffle at the church isn't a big deal. Prince Joachim tried to rearrange folks but wasn't effective.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

1. After all the rumours through the years it's nice who close Countess Alexandra seems to her mother.
2. Christian is smiling in most pictures.
3. As a stepchild myself I can truly say that your stepparents are just as much your parents as your biological ones so Felix standing next to Marie should not be overanalysed. Good for them if they're close.
4. You can think what you want about Henrik (and I definitely do) but he's proud as a peacock (is that an English expression?) when it comes to his grandchildren.

Old 04-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

And to add to that, I think it's always been very obvious how fond both Marie, and previously also Martin, always have been of Nikolai and Felix – and how fond they in return have been of their stepparents. You can say a lot of things about both Joachim and Alexandra, but they've always been very professional regarding the children – also evident by the fact that they still attend each others big birthdays and that Alexandra brought little Henrik with her and Felix to see QMII's ballet business during Christmas.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think Felix should have sttod between his parents and Marie in the back with Prince Nicolai. It was like this for Nicolai's confirmation with Marie and then Martin in the back.
I don't think they thought too much about who should stay where. It was not an official photo, just an unplanned picture that was taken on the spot. If anything, Joachim is the one to be blamed for not directing the group properly.

People who want to read into it some kind of Joachim/Alexandra or Alexandra/Marie feud are just blowing it out of proportion IMHO.
Old 04-02-2017, 12:58 AM
Courtier

What entails a Danish/Lutheran confirmation? Is it the same as in the Catholic church? And I thought Lutherans wore white robes when they are confirmed?
Old 04-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
What entails a Danish/Lutheran confirmation? Is it the same as in the Catholic church? And I thought Lutherans wore white robes when they are confirmed?
Confirmation is considered a rite not sacrament in the Lutheran church.

Here is some information from the Danish Lutheran church site

Lutheranchurch.dk: Confirmation

Unlike norway, I remember Marius in his white robe, boys in Denmark seem to wear just suits from pictured I see. Girls seem to wear white. Perhaps some churches do robes still. Not certain, not I see photos of.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

It is a blessing and you are taken into the parish on your own. After it you are able to take communion.
As for the white robes at last in Germany it is up to the local parish to decide if there are white robes worn over your usual clothing or not.

Old 04-02-2017, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

latest outing of the denmark kids at the confirmation of their cousin Felix
https://s3.postimg.org/aaw76c6wz/168...-hkh-prins.jpg

great to see they have all their own personalities, Christian almost a teen, hands in his pockets conversing with his father, Isabella a pre-teen, Vinny as usual calmly observing, always at ease with himself and Josie sporting her mischievous look.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:52 AM
Administrator

Here's an additional article (though it's mainly about the guests ):

** dailymail: Princess Mary recycles chic floral dress as she poses with Prince Frederik and their children - but it's cheeky Josephine who steals the show again **
Old 04-02-2017, 04:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

If the daily fail was going to write an article about the fashion of the event, they could have at least focussed on the right family

Honestly if you didn't read the very last paragraph which mentions Felix and his parents you may think it was a child of Mary being confirmed
Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Although a Swede I've been to several Danish confirmations and I've never seen any white robes there. This is different from Sweden where the use of robes have gone from practically non-existent in the 50s to basically everyone wearing them today. The robes are on loan from the local parish, worn during the ceremony itself & the photo call afterwards & the reason the church favours them are because many families can't really afford buying a suit or a dress that's most often worn only a few times. In the old days when the confirmation signalled your entry into adulthood most boys got a black suit that was supposed to last a lifetime.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen and both of her sisters were both confirmed at the very ornate Fredensborg chapel,as were both of the queens sons and Princess Benedikte was married here in 1968.

The Danish RF Instagram posted this photo of the high altar yesterday after the ceremony.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSVieI-j...83068938&hl=en

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

'Pinligt' og 'illoyalt': Prins Henrik droppede Margrethe - dét lavede han i stedet | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

This article is really about PH's abscence from the Belgian state visit, but as the journalists can only tell us that arrived by plane from Barcelona, Spain, prior to attending Felix' confirmation, there really isn't much news.
Let's instead enjoy the photos that accompany the article, they are from the confirmation.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Courtier

Also, are royal confirmations private or are they part of the regular church service?
Old 04-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Wish we could see photos from the inside of the celebrations after the confirmation, the table, decorations, food menu, etc....... I have to do th confirmation of my daughter this year and it would give me some ideas what to do!
Old 04-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I must say I prefer when the royal kids do these types of celebrations with their classmates. Time enough for them to be different.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I must say I prefer when the royal kids do these types of celebrations with their classmates. Time enough for them to be different.

The reason given for the continuation of this tradition is that with the royal family present they'd get all the attention and not the kids and the message of the ceremony itself
Old 04-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Nobility

Prince William in the UK was confirmed privately, for that very reason. Does anyone know if Felix received instruction (Catechism) privately or with a group?

For my confirmation in a small country church, I wore a white dress. Bigger churches in towns usually used the robes. My sons were confirmed in the robes. Here in the US, Lutheran confirmation is usually done on Pentecost - Whitsunday in some places.

Always nice to see pictures of the children. Frederik looks like a very contented family man.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:36 PM
Majesty

felix is such a handsome young man, just like his brother nikolai - joachim and alexandra must be proud parents! i am sure henrik will follow his brother's footsteps too!

athena looked delightful in her cute coat.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:40 PM
Courtier

How is a private ceremony different from a group ceremony? I would like to know.