The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

"She is fairly new to the media game, its only been a year and a bit."

True, she is new to the fame game, but we live in an era where fame and celebrity somtimes seems to be everything. Everyone knows the power and responsbility that comes with being famous and these days nobody can, in my opinion, claim they did not know what to expect. Maybe they could get away with that excuse 10 to 15 years ago but not anymore.

"If you are going to be pissed at Mary for something so little as the above, then you have to be angry with all the other crown princesses too. I would be easy to pick all of them apart if that is what you wanted to do. It just happens you don't like Mary."

I don't believe I've ever discussed Mary with you, so how can you possibly know my opuinion of her. In addition I don't even know the lady so how can I possibly dislike her? From what I've seen of her so far I don't think there's much to her and ther are other Royal ladies who've adapted to their roles much better.

"She only talks about meeting fred etc because they asked her, she didnt say anything like "please ask me about me meeting fred, please" or something, C'mon, honestly. "

The questions will be vetted and approved by her and her press advisers beforehand. That's the way most interviews work these days.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

well if it is approved by her advisers, blame them. If the journalists do want to ask questions about how she met fred etc, then it would seem pretty rude of mary to tell them i dont want to aswer it, why would she want to not talk about it if she is asked? I mean its not a major thing to be concerned about.

Next year i graduate from uni and will become a journalist. Sometimes interviewees agree not to see the questions before hand in order to get some emotion when answering the questions so it seems they are not robots. I remember in the Denton interview, he asked Mary about a republic and you could tell she was not expecting the question. So after a moment of silence, Fred told Denton that it is not for them to answer.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Gentry

My advice to Mary would be not to worry about the arm chair critics who find it so easy to criticize as they are not the ones in the 'hot seat'. Keep doing what you are doing! You have the love, support, loyalty and admiration of your husband Fred and the rest of the DRF, your own family, the Danish people and those people all over the world who have truly seen you grown in confidence in your role as Crown Princess of Denmark!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattica28
My advice to Mary would be not to worry about the arm chair critics who find it so easy to criticize as they are not the ones in the 'hot seat'. Keep doing what you are doing! You have the love, support, loyalty and admiration of your husband Fred and the rest of the DRF, your own family, the Danish people and those people all over the world who have truly seen you grown in confidence in your role as Crown Princess of Denmark!
Hi gattica28

All I can say is " WOW " ! IT IS ABSOLUTELY A " TERRIFIC ADVICE " ! WELL DONE ! :p

As a Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary is doing an excellent job and definitely she will continue to improve ! Keep up your good work, Mary ! We are sooooooo proud of your hard work and your dedication to your role ! :)

MAY GOD BLESS MARY AND FREDERIK AND DENMARK FOR EVER AND EVER ! :p

AMEM :p
Old 08-12-2005, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
Hi gattica28

All I can say is " WOW " ! IT IS ABSOLUTELY A " TERRIFIC ADVICE " ! WELL DONE ! :p

As a Crown Princess of Denmark, Mary is doing an excellent job and definitely she will continue to improve ! Keep up your good work, Mary ! We are sooooooo proud of your hard work and your dedication to your role ! :)

MAY GOD BLESS MARY AND FREDERIK AND DENMARK FOR EVER AND EVER ! :p

AMEM :p
I second that!!:) :) :p :)
Old 08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The topics of her interviews will change as time goes on. I doubt journalists ask Queen Sonja the same questions today as they did back when she'd first married Harald. People change, the press change.

Thanks for pointing out that it was not many interviews, Fashionista. I thought it wasn't, but everybody kept dragging it out, so much that I began to doubt myself. It's not much in the span of a year. It would have been much if she'd done one big one every month, but she doesn't.

I think the most important piece of advice for Mary is to be herself, as others have pointed out. If you start to change who you are, without really wanting to, then you quickly get miserable.

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson