Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will steer clear of Alexander/Alexandra because of the Countess...the most likely nickname for those names is "Alex" and it might be too much and too fresh in some peoples minds...They might also steer clear of Jorgen for the same reason (Martin and Alexandra Jorgensen?)...

For girls I have lots of ideas, but since four names seems to be the limit, it will be hard to choose the *TOP 4*

Henrietta - Mary's mother
Olympia - perhaps to signify their meeting place (Sydney 2000 Olympics)
Matilda - vague Australian reference, Waltzing Matilda, and it is very European royalty anyway
Maria - another version of Mary and also the Russian name of Empress Federovna (?)
Dagmar - the Empress's Danish name and rumours started at her reburial
Xenia - just an interesting royal name with connections to the Empress, her daughter I think?
Arabella - a Scottish queen's name that sounds very regal and probably equally at home in Denmark too...the whimsy name, if you will
Margrethe - Frederik's mother who will most likely be suitably honoured...
Ingrid - Frederik's favourite grandmother...

Ok that is 9 names...now to make a four name combination that pleases everybody!!!

Princess Arabella Dagmar Henrietta Marie
Princess Xenia Dagmar Henrietta Margrethe
Princess Henrietta Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid
Princess Matilda Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid
Princess Matilda Olympia Margrethe Ingrid
Princess Matilda Olympia Ingrid Henrietta

Good luck to them...naming a boy sounds a lot easier ;)

Prince Harald Abel Vilhelm Frederik

Harald - because it is historical and has a cool nickname of *Harry*
Abel - vague Tasmania reference...Abel Tasman, who discovered the island and it is also a royal name
Vilhelm - Danish form of William and it has royal connections
Frederik - the child's fathers name

I just had to put in my last two cents because the baby is due pretty soon...but we have to wait until July/August anyway for its christening :(

I like the names Josephine, Louise, Mathilde and Ingrid for a girl.

Name for a girl

I think that if Mary has a girl she will be called:

Princess Ingrid Margarethe Henreitta Mary

Amelienz said:
I think that if Mary has a girl she will be called:

Princess Ingrid Margarethe Henreitta Mary

I don't think they will name a girl "Ingrid" (as a first name), Crown Prince Haakon's daughter is Ingrid-Alexandra, maybe they'll use it as part of the baby's name to honour the late Queen Ingrid, something like: Princess Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta, I kinda like that name, as for a boy I really have no idea of a nice historic name for a boy, maybe Knud?? :flowers:

No offence meant or anything, but I really hope they don't use Dagmar as a first name if they have a girl. When I picture a Dagmar in my head, I don't picture a little girl, I picture an old lady! :ermm:

I had a thought, if they wanted to use Ingrid as a first name in honour of Queen Ingrid for a girl, they could do what W-A & Máxima did and name her "Ingrid-(insert name)" and call her by the second name (like Catharina-Amalia is Amalia). That way the baby's first name would be in honour of Fred's grandmother, but it wouldn't be confusing with Ingrid Alexandra of Norway and Ingrid of Berleburg :flowers:

I still favor Thyra if it's a girl. I just love, love, love that name.

When the baby will be a girl one of her names will definitely by Margrethe ( I bet so :rolleyes: ) and maybe Ingrid...

I don't think they'll chose Ingrid as the first name (because of Ingrid-Alexandra), but maybe as one of the middle names (in honour to Queen Ingrid).

Henriette (or Henrietta) would be a nice name for a Princess. Very traditional and also a "nordic" name. :flowers:

My vote still goes for the Ann- ... names. :rolleyes:
A little Ann-Marie ( like Anne-Marie) or Ann-Kathrin... but maybe that's not Royal enough. :p

I'm seeing a lot of suggestions involving the name Matilda or Mathilde. Along with the name Ingrid. But how much does everyone think that names already well recognized in other royal families matters?

I'm curious how Danish sounding this baby's name will be or whether it will be more of a traditionally and well recognized name. I guess what I'm trying to say is Fred, Mary, Christian and Dagmar don't seem to go together. When looking around at all RF's it seems that "traditional" names win out. But then again the DRF has a Joachim in it. Which seems like it could have been a little out of the ordinary at the time.

Aurora810 said:
I'm seeing a lot of suggestions involving the name Matilda or Mathilde. Along with the name Ingrid. But how much does everyone think that names already well recognized in other royal families matters?

I'm curious how Danish sounding this baby's name will be or whether it will be more of a traditionally and well recognized name. I guess what I'm trying to say is Fred, Mary, Christian and Dagmar don't seem to go together. When looking around at all RF's it seems that "traditional" names win out. But then again the DRF has a Joachim in it. Which seems like it could have been a little out of the ordinary at the time.

And for that matter Felix too :)
But i beg the parents PLEASE dont call the baby Knud if its a boy. Its soo oldfachoned and sound soo odd in my danish ears.
I still vote for a little princess Louise :wub:

betina said:
But i beg the parents PLEASE dont call the baby Knud if its a boy. Its soo oldfachoned and sound soo odd in my danish ears.
I still vote for a little princess Louise :wub:
Same here I really hope they don't call the bub Knud. Princess Louise sounds nice but I read somewhere that Freddie's grandma, Q. Ingrid, didn't really like her new step mum, Queen Louise [Mountbattern] of Sweden. When Q. Maggie was born she oppt to name her after her [brith mother, P[?] Margret].

betina said:

I don't know but I think the name Felix is a little unique. Maybe it does sound like a cat kind of but it still strikes me as a distinguished type of name. And besides there is also a Prince Felix of Luxembourg. So maybe it is a little out there but it still seems old fashioned and distinguished and the name that a royal might carry. I think the same about the name Sebastien. Another Luxembourg prince and also a name in the Monaco RF.

And that's what all royalty need to do is to stick with more traditional and slightly old fashioned names it's what seems to set their names apart from us commoners. Just my opinion!;)

Aurora810 said:
I don't know but I think the name Felix is a little unique. Maybe it does sound like a cat kind of but it still strikes me as a distinguished type of name. And besides there is also a Prince Felix of Luxembourg. So maybe it is a little out there but it still seems old fashioned and distinguished and the name that a royal might carry. I think the same about the name Sebastien. Another Luxembourg prince and also a name in the Monaco RF.

And that's what all royalty need to do is to stick with more traditional and slightly old fashioned names it's what seems to set their names apart from us commoners. Just my opinion!;)

I don't know about Luxembourg or Denmark, but in Germany there are a lot of Felix', especially young ones.

I noticed someone suggesting an Ann- name, like the Queen's sister Anne-Marie. I've always liked the name Anneliese. You would pronounce it like Ann-Elise. If not that, maybe Anne-Charlotte or Anne-Therese.

HRH Princess Anne-Charlotte of Denmark just looks so pretty. :wub:

Aurora810 said:

They already have a Felix in the family. I think it's a cute name but I don't think they would choose it.

Her_Majesty said:
When the baby will be a girl one of her names will definitely by Margrethe ( I bet so :rolleyes: ) and maybe Ingrid...

I don't think they'll chose Ingrid as the first name (because of Ingrid-Alexandra), but maybe as one of the middle names (in honour to Queen Ingrid).

Henriette (or Henrietta) would be a nice name for a Princess. Very traditional and also a "nordic" name. :flowers:

My vote still goes for the Ann- ... names. :rolleyes:
A little Ann-Marie ( like Anne-Marie) or Ann-Kathrin... but maybe that's not Royal enough. :p

I think that if they really want to name the baby Ingrid they should just do it and not worry about what other people have named their children.

crisscross1 said:
They already have a Felix in the family. I think it's a cute name but I don't think they would choose it.

What i means previously in my post was that someone said that there had not been a Joachim before he was named and i said and for that matter Felix :flowers:
Sorry for the mistake

I notice that, on Mary first pregnancy, she wore blue. However, on her second pregnancy she is wearing pink. She does not wear blue. Is this a silence message that Mary send out for the sex of the baby?

I think is a baby girl:wub: ..there is a lack of little princesses in the Danish Royal Family!

I'm hoping for a little girl too. It's time for some female influence in the youngest generation of Danish royals! ;)

I wish it could be a girl, since she already has a little boy. I like that married couples could have both, girls and boys, just for "the variety" thing. :rolleyes:

As for the "female influence"...Uh....who cares? Nowadays, there is a sort of ultra-feminism in all domains that is a little ridicoulous. Women are better than men...when they are better. And men are better than women...when they are better. So, have a world of women and men and be in peace, people.

Hope this time, God will provide the danish Royal House with a little , lovely Princess. ;) :wub:

Vanesa.

eireann said:
I´m trying to decide by comparing her bump with and her last pregnancy and Letizia's ...as we know Letizia is having a girl....but I´m really not sure....any bump readers out there??

From the photo I saw today, I notice that CP Mary is carrying this baby low, so I'm voting for a princess.:flowers:

The only difference I see from Mary's first pregnancy, including the way she was carrying. However this time around is that she is much heavier than she was with Prince Christian. Mary seems much fuller in the face, legs, and arms.

kirstengrafin said:
From the photo I saw today, I notice that CP Mary is carrying this baby low, so I'm voting for a princess.:flowers:

I´m going to get off the fence and vote for a girl too!

GlitteringTiaras said:
The only difference I see from Mary's first pregnancy, including the way she was carrying. However this time around is that she is much heavier than she was with Prince Christian. Mary seems much fuller in the face, legs, and arms.

So, maybe there still is a hope for twins? ;) :rolleyes:
Personally I hope for a girl (the DRF does need a little Princess) but somehow I'm almost certain it's going to be a boy. :cool:

Why do you think the baby will be a boy? Nobody can tell until the results of echography come out, or until the baby is born (if the parents thinks it's better not to know)

Vanesa.

It's just a private feeling, certainly not based on any scientific observations. The Danish Royal Family does seem to have that habit of having two boys (the Queen and Prince Joachim, for example). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom