The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Is it a boy or girl?
Boy 85 33.33%
Girl 157 61.57%
Twins: boy & girl 6 2.35%
Twins: 2 boys 2 0.78%
Twins: 2 girls 5 1.96%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

The naming (to the public) of the godparents usually doesn't happen until a couple of days prior to the christening. Or less.

Furthermore, not to sound rude, it's probably a good idea from here on out for members to stop asking the question, "Who will be the godparents?!!" that no one has the answer to at this moment (unless of course you are a Palace insider and want to break the Confidentiality Agreement contract you signed and thus spilling the beans on TRF regarding the guestlist and godparents.)

Regarding the guestlist, the usual Scandinavian royals will be there including Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette Marit and so forth. At this time there is no complete and final list of who will attend, nor do I know (because she has not confirmed it despite the rumors floating around on the net) if Amber will be there.

Finally, TV2 has set up a special page dedicated to the upcoming christening on July 1. You can watch it live on TV2 Sputnik, straight from their page, or you can reach the Danish channel via ITV.com. Scroll down on your left side until you see the name Denmark. Click it and there you will be able to log on to the channel. Also, several other European channels will carry the christening, but I'll let you know who they will be and how to access the program the day before.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM
Courtier

I will stick to Louise Ingrid Margrethe Henriette

Stellad

Old 06-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Nobility

Are there any other non-royal family names that could be picked possibly from Henrik's family or Mary's grandmothers etc?
Old 06-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Commoner

I think it might be Louise also. Princess Louise Margrethe Henrietta Elizabeth of Denmark. Oh well only a week and a half until we find out.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Gentry

Posting this on the right thread :)

I just looked up some names of Queens (I don´t know if they´re all Danish or what) but Isabella just caught my eye. I don´t think it´s a very cute name or anything but many little girl´s are named that right now and it is a royal name too. There are also Emma (not so royal but very cute), Olga (little too old-fashioned), Caroline and Josephine (popular and also quite royal and I like Caroline in the Danish way to pronounce it).. and there´s also my favourite... Astrid. *Prinsesse/Princess Astrid*
Old 06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS View Post
Are there any other non-royal family names that could be picked possibly from Henrik's family or Mary's grandmothers etc?
Frederik's paternal grandmother was called Renee - a name fit for a princess
Old 06-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Courtier

I still think one of my names would work. I'm rooting for them.
Anna-Sophie Ingrid Henrietta
Thyra Ingrid Henrietta Margerethe
Christina Ingrid Henrietta Margarethe
Anna Elenora Henrietta Ingrid
Ingrid Dagmar Henrietta Margrete

I definately think she looks like an Anna. So I think her first name will definately be Anna. She will be known by two names like Anna-Sophie or Anna Elenora.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Aristocracy

Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta for sure !!!!!! (missing the 4th name ... still looking for it )
Old 06-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Courtier

I hope her name is Princess Charlotte!
Old 06-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Courtier

In a week we will know the name .
Old 06-23-2007, 03:10 PM
Gentry

I´m starting to doubt that she will have the name Ingrid as one of the 4 names. Frederik and Mary haven´t always "gone with the crowd" if you know what I mean. They got married on a friday and not in the traditional royal church to perform weddings for heirs to the throne, Holmens Kirke but chose Vor Frue Kirke, to everyone´s surprise, they chose Henri istead of Henrik as one of Christian´s names which most ppl were also surprised about. Maybe they won´t choose Ingrid as one of the names just because Frederik and his grandmother were very close. as ppl assume they are going to.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I still think one of my names would work. I'm rooting for them.
Anna-Sophie Ingrid Henrietta
Thyra Ingrid Henrietta Margerethe
Christina Ingrid Henrietta Margarethe
Anna Elenora Henrietta Ingrid
Ingrid Dagmar Henrietta Margrete

I definately think she looks like an Anna. So I think her first name will definately be Anna. She will be known by two names like Anna-Sophie or Anna Elenora.
Christina is very pretty I would love for them to use that one as her first name but it's so close to Christian I doubt they will.I like your choice of Anna-Sophie Ingrid Henrietta they sound good together.I personally prefer three names over four I think they generally have a better flow but those four have sound right together
Old 06-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Here my chioces:
-Charlotte
-Desirée
-Dagmar
-Emma
-Anna

+ Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta
Old 06-24-2007, 11:52 AM
Gentry

I don´t even know how to pronounce Desirée in Danish
Old 06-24-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Frederick is/was close to Felipe. I say no to Madeline and Carl Phillip because they are still a little young IMO. But anything is possible. If we are going to pick a younger royal..I would go with Martha Louise of Norway. I say Willem-Alexander only because they are both heirs to the throne, they seem like they get along great (I remember the pics from the Olympics, etc.).
Don't think Carl Philip is to young, he is 28
Old 06-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness

Carl Philip and Madeline are not too young. Prince William was named a godfather to Prince Pavlos' son when he was about 17 or 18.

As far as the new little baby, I think that Willem will probably be one of the godfathers. I also think that either Mary's brother or her sister Patricia would be a godparent as she named her eldest sister Jane one of Christian's godparents.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

I think that Patricia D, Willem-Alexander, Marie-Chantal, Märtha-Louise.... will be godparents :)
Old 06-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchessOlga View Post
I don´t even know how to pronounce Desirée in Danish
Does Desiree belong to a royal name? I don´t know any Princess Desiree. I know that CP Victoria has Desiree as one of her names, but it´s from her commoner maternal grandmother if I remember it correctly.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Aristocracy

I also think Patricia D will be asked, as will P. Felipe, P. Pavlos, Pr. Madeleine and perhaps P. Alexandra or Nathalie (his cousins).
Old 06-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchessOlga View Post
I´m starting to doubt that she will have the name Ingrid as one of the 4 names. Frederik and Mary haven´t always "gone with the crowd" if you know what I mean. They got married on a friday and not in the traditional royal church to perform weddings for heirs to the throne, Holmens Kirke but chose Vor Frue Kirke, to everyone´s surprise, they chose Henri istead of Henrik as one of Christian´s names which most ppl were also surprised about. Maybe they won´t choose Ingrid as one of the names just because Frederik and his grandmother were very close. as ppl assume they are going to.
There is nothing traditional about Holmens kirke (church) for heirs to the throne. She was the first heir to be married in there. The "normal place was normaly the castles where the bride came from in her home country or pro forma weddings in the brides country if we go very long back. Queen Alexandrine and Christian X was married in Cannes (her parents summer home) and Frederik 9. was married in Stockholm to Queen Ingrid.
Sorry if I am pecky

Tags
godparents, lilleprinsesse, princess isabella