Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
And while checking out wikipedia to look for some traditional Danish names...I ran into Knud...what do you think of that? It was the name of the Queen's Uncle.
It's a good name, in my opinion, unfortunately I don't think it is a very likely name.

All of Queen Ingrid's three daughters carried her name - so if Mary has a daughter I think one of her names could be Mary or Marie.

Ingrid... it might be possible as one of the names. But I'm a bit wary as Frederik's cousin Alexandra used it for her daughter, Countess Ingrid, and Haakon used it for his daughter, Princess Ingrid (both of whom are Frederik's goddaughters). I like the name, though, and Frederik was close to his grandmother. Ingrid also works well with Christian.

If we're talking names used on Danish queens - I like Dagmar, Thyra, Emma (spouse of King Canute) and it would also be neat to have Margrethe in there somewhere...

It's a pity they used both grandfathers' names on Christian. :ermm:

My suggestions:

Boy: Christoffer Carl Frederik Harald

Girl: Henrietta Marie Ingrid Margrethe.

Of course, I'd also like a Greenlandish name or a Faroese name in there... but...

Ten most popular Danish names boys in first half of 2005 from Denmark's statistical bureau:
Magnus

Lucas

Mathias

Oliver

Frederik

Emil

Mikkel

Tobias

Nikolaj

Victor
And girls:
Mathilde

Emma

Laura

Sofie

Freja

Caroline

Ida

Sara

Julie

Anna

I vote for a girl. Only girl in DRF.

I think girl too. beautiful little princess with beauty like her mom

I think it´s a girl,just because there are several boys in that family

Elizabeth Victoria Margrethe

Oppie said:
I always liked the name Renee, don't know how Danish that would be but it is the name of Prince Henrik's mother. I think they might use Ingrid, since Frederik was close to her, maybe hyphanated name.

But just think Christian wasn't baptised until he was three months old, which means we won't know the name of the new baby until sometime in August next year.

Do you think the long wait was because he was the heir? Did Joachim and Alexandra wait for a long time to announce the name, too?

I think Dagmar would be cool, since Mary was at the burial and was having some "sickness" there!

I just hope that:

1. it is an intelligent name, something that won't embarrass the child!
2. it is easy to pronounce, I still have NO idea how to say Sverre?????
3. and different, not a totally common one, I personally liked the name Abigail until I realized that it was no 7 or so on the top 10 names in America. Forget that name for my child! But their name should be common enough to be "normal" but different enough so there won't be 20 million of the same name!!!

tenngirl said:
3. and different, not a totally common one, I personally liked the name Abigail until I realized that it was no 7 or so on the top 10 names in America.

BTW - Abigail is an old fashioned expression for a personal maid - thus, no noble girl ever will be named Abigail...;)

Do you think the long wait was because he was the heir? Did Joachim and Alexandra wait for a long time to announce the name, too?

They wait until the baptism which for Christian was when he was 3months, Joachim and Alexandra did the same thing but I don't know how old there boys were when they were baptised.

Girl: Dagmar Ingrid Elizabeth Margrethe
Boy: Axel Frederik Georg Magnus

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I want a girl!

I voted for a girl. I've guessed right 2 out of 2 so far, so I'd like to make it 3 of 3. =D Anyway, I just hope that if the baby is a girl that they won't name her Louise. There's two in the royal circles with that name already!

Oppie said:
They wait until the baptism which for Christian was when he was 3months, Joachim and Alexandra did the same thing but I don't know how old there boys were when they were baptised.
They were a little over two months old. Nikolai was born 28. August and christened 6. November, and Felix was born 22. July and christened 4. October.

I don´t think the name will be Ingrid or Alexandrine. Alexandrine is too old fashioned nowadays. And Alexandra Berleburg´s daughters first name is Ingrid and also we have a Ingrid in Norway.
I´m sure Margrethe or Henrietta will be the second name. I count with four first names. The third might be Ingrid and I looooove Dagmar as first name. Don´t know, whether it´s hard for a native Australian to say the word Dagmar.
The first name might become a surprise though.

For a boy, I think Carl Henrik would be nice. Alexandra would be nice for a girl or maybe Anne-Marie.

I'd love it to be a little girl.

If it is a boy again, I think it is almost certain that he will get Christian or Frederik as one of his names, not the first one. The heirs to the throne tend to have one of these names somewhere if, God forbid, they should have to step in instead of the older. I think that both Nikolai and Felix as potential heirs each have one of the old king names in their string of names as well.

I like Dagmar for a girl as well - or Mary Elisabeth as someone suggested, it sounds very regal.

I voted for a girl-they need more girls in that family-they need a girl period! Twin girls would be great:) :flowers:

I have a cousin named Rene who is female.I think here in the staets Rene is more common for a female and in Europe it's more common for a male although honetly it's not used much here at all.

For Fredrick and Mary's baby though I am thinking something along the lines of for a girl
Christina or Anna as a first name
Could be Anna Ingrid or Christina Margarethe
Not sure about thrid and fouth names.Christina might be too close to Christian though.
I also like Eva Mary.Not sure how royal Eva is though.
I also like Sonja and Sofie

For a boy I like Johan not to sure about second and third names.

If a girl, maybe they will go with one of Ingrid's other names (which were Victoria Sofia Louise Margareta).
Maybe- Margareta Elizabeth Cecilie Désirée
For a boy- Erik Johan Frederik Vilhelm (or is it William in Denmark?)

I used family names

Last edited:
Dagmar Elisabeth
Anne Marie
Dagmar Cecilie
Janne Marie
Marie Katherine.

My gut says it will be a boy, but I'm going to vote for a girl. It would be great to see a cute little girl surrounded by by her big brother & older cousins watching over her & making sure no one picks on her :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom