Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Mary has a girl she will name her:
Matilda Margrethe Henrietta Sophia

If she has a boy he will be called:
Frederik Andre Peter Canute

:) :) :)

I hope it is a girl and hope the name is Ingrid.

Coronation said:
I think if Mary has a girl she will name her:
Matilda Margrethe Henrietta Sophia

If she has a boy he will be called:
Frederik Andre Peter Canute

:) :) :)

The danish name for Canute is Knud

msleiman said:
I hope it is a girl and hope the name is Ingrid.

I hope also that it is a girl, but Ingrid?? Too close to her "cousin" of Norway.

I would prefer Anne-Maria, like Frederic's Aunt.

Or Desiree, or Eva

Why not Margrethe-Ingrid?
O.k. maybe not like that, but perhaps they can do a "***-Ingrid"?
Maybe they will stick Dagmar somewhere in there as a tribute to Princess Dagmar...reason because it was during her re-burial in Russia that everyone started to suspect Mary was pregnant....? She had the morning sickness and stuff, no? Just a thought :flowers:

My bet is riding on Ingrid figuring prominently somewhere in the name. Wasn't Fred extremely close to his grandmother???

Ditto for Henrietta...I think Mary wants to honor the distaff side of her family, too!

Henrik - Frederik - Victor
Margrethe - Ingrid - Victoria

Victoria Ingrid Elizabeth
Erik Nicholas Conrad Hans

Well, one thing is for certain. If it is a boy, the names Frederick or Christian will certainly be in his name, as that is the tradition of the Danish royal family.

Empress said:
Well, one thing is for certain. If it is a boy, the names Frederick or Christian will certainly be in his name, as that is the tradition of the Danish royal family.

I think Frederik will definately be in his name but not Christian as that is his brother's name. Is the tradition not to have King's alternate Frederik/Christian? This baby will not be monarch:flowers:

Silly me, I was just doing some research for another thread and I realized there are a few Prince Joachim's out there. Some in the past from Germany. And also currently of Belgium. I made a post last week saying that the name Joachim didn't seem that common in royal families. But I had no idea of it's relevance. So now I'm thinking should Mary have a boy it may be a high possibilty that uncle Joachim's name could be a third or fourth name. After all Nikolai has Frederik's name as his fourth name and oddly enough Joachim did not give his name to either of his own kids. We'll see.

If it is a girl I'm wishing for the first name to be Louise or Ingrid.

Stellad

Sophie Would be nice Just think H.R.H. Princess Sophie of Denmark

betina said:
What i means previously in my post was that someone said that there had not been a Joachim before he was named and i said and for that matter Felix :flowers:
Sorry for the mistake

I actually hadn't read back that far and now understand what you were saying. :flowers:

I am positive that they will choose a name that is pronoucable in both English and Danish, which is why I'm doubting that they will choose names like Knud or Hans or Dagmar.

Margaretta or some version like that, Marietta even.

or Catherine or Anna or Alice

Erik, Rupert or Louis

Axel Ludwig Bernhard Henrik
Frederika Elisabeth Mary Ingrid

Sister Morphine said:
They don't necessarily have to use Danish spelling.

No of course not, they are free to choose it if they wish so.

Nevertheless I do doubt they will use english spelling, because there is already from time to time huge political discussions about the quantity of english words penetrating into the danish language in our time. I do not see the royal family participate in that. More likely they will stick with a traditional spelling. :)

I hope it's a girl...think of all the cute outfits she could wear....

I don't know I originally voted way back when that Mary would have a boy. Now I'm not so sure. I too am constantly comparing pics of Mary with Letizia and I still can't decide. A previous poster mentioned the fact that Mary is carrying the baby lower which I thought was a sign of a boy baby. Plus look at the lowness of Mary's stomach compared to the highness of Letizia's. Although it seems that Letizia also is carry her baby in a different way than last time. We'll see!

However, I really doubt that this will be the last baby for Fred and Mary. I think they might break the small 2 child tradition that has developed around them(the Queen and Joachim). Or maybe I'm just hopeful as I really like the thought of a Danish trio. Doesn't that sound good? The Danish trio! Admit it you like it, too...So if there is no girl this time I have hope for a girl next time;)

I think it's another boy, but I also think like Aurora810 that they'll have more children...so hopes for a little Princess are not disappearing....:flowers:

I don't know why, but I've got this feeling it's a boy, it'll be nice if they had a girl, but I have this strange feeling... anyway I hope I'm wrong lol!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom