Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a girl:

Alexandrine Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta

I think it's a girl, so not even thinking about a boy's name.:flowers:

I have always enjoyed the name Sanne for a girl, though I can't see it being used in a royal name. I think the name, if it is a girl, will have Ingrid and some form of Henrietta in it, and I have no idea where to even start if it is another boy, though I imagine Frederik would be in there somewhere.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Welcome to the board, np242ne.

How do you pronounce the name, Sanne? Is it Saw-nay or San-ne?

Thank you for the welcome.

I have always heard it as Sah-neh, though I'm not sure if that is the correct Danish pronunciation.

np242ne said:
Thank you for the welcome.

I have always heard it as Sah-neh, though I'm not sure if that is the correct Danish pronunciation.
Hi np242ne :flowers:
That pronunciation sounds familiar to my Danish ears. In Danish, Sanne used to be mostly a shortened name - or nickname - for Susanne; now it is also a name in itself.

What about

Agnetha Ingrid Margarethe Henrietta

wymanda said:
What about

Agnetha would be Swedish I think. The Danish equivalent would be Agnete. But I agree that it's a pretty name, old too.

RoyalEnquirer said:
Soren Frederik Axel Joachim

What are your thoughts?

It sounds strong! I like it :)

I like the name Nathalie for a girl-
Nathalie Grace Catherine Margrethe
Alexandrine Theresa Rosemarie Elizabeth

For a boy maybe Henrik
Henrik Frederik Martin Alexander
Harald Knud Frederik Carl

If it's a girl...

I suggest:

Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe Þorhildur

I'm still thinking about names for a boy

Boy: Nikolas Constintine Frederik Axel Wilhelm

Princess Maxima said:
Girl: Marie Desirée Margrethe Henrietta

I think they wont name the baby Marie, to avoid Marie Cavillier thinking that they named the baby after her and she would see it as a sign they are welcoming her into the family already lol:lol:

Last edited:
hsieh said:
who said i'm joking?

I can only hope :)

But if you are not, I extend my apologies for otherwise thinking so.

Last edited:
I can't think of a girl's name but for a boy:

Soren Erik Joachim Fredrik

wymanda said:
That would be a pretty name! A good combination! I hope they read this thread! :lol:

Søren would be a good name for a little boy. Maybe Frederik Søren Carl...:rolleyes:

It will be a boy, I'm sure, so, we have to think in a male name

Members have posted many names if the child were to be a boy, Catango.

Several of us have agreed that the name Søren would be a great choice, along with Erik, Henrik, Harald, and Axel.

:)

Is it likely that the baby would be named Henrik when Christian has already been given the name Henri as his middle name?
For a boy I think it is nearly certain he will have Fredrik in his name. I love the name Soren does it have any history in the royal family?

Finally decided on a name for a princess: Anna Matilda Margrethe Henrietta

The first two names have a royal history and then the second two after the grandmothers, same as Christian :flowers:

I hope this isn't a silly question but will the name of the baby be concealed until the christening or is that ritual only held for the heir to the throne?

crm2317 said:
Is it likely that the baby would be named Henrik when Christian has already been given the name Henri as his middle name?
For a boy I think it is nearly certain he will have Fredrik in his name. I love the name Soren does it have any history in the royal family?

Finally decided on a name for a princess: Anna Matilda Margrethe Henrietta

The first two names have a royal history and then the second two after the grandmothers, same as Christian :flowers:

I hope this isn't a silly question but will the name of the baby be concealed until the christening or is that ritual only held for the heir to the throne?

No noone have ever been named Søren in the royal family of Denmark. But the name Jørgen has been a part of Denmarks royal family.
I go for Christoffer if it a boy and Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe Mary :flowers:

betina said:
No noone have ever been named Søren in the royal family of Denmark.

Well what better time than the present to start :)

Or what about Niels Erik Christoffer - names of the kings.:rolleyes:

Niels 1104-1134, Erik I-VII, Christoffer I-III

Or Eric Knud Hans

http://www.warholm.nu/Kongeda

Last edited:
Christoffer is nice but not so sure about Niels:flowers:

Gustaf Eital Frederik Nicholas Alexander Christian Ferdinand

crm2317 said:

For a boy I think it is nearly certain he will have Fredrik in his name. I love the name Soren does it have any history in the royal family?....
Not a silly question at all! For some reason, the Danish royal family does not disclose the names of a newborn until the child is christened. That happened with Joachim and both his sons as well.
Henrik/Henri might well be used again; Frederik and his son already share that name, Frederik's is the Danish version, Henrik, while Christian's is the French Henri. The name Valdemar/Waldemar is used as a middle name now for three princes - Christian and Felix (both Valdemar according to the royal website: http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_fam ) and Joachim who is named Waldemar.
As Betina has said, Søren is not commonly used in the royal family. I'm sure there will be few dropped jaws if they decide on Søren!;)

UserDane said:
As Betina has said, Søren is not commonly used in the royal family. I'm sure there will be few dropped jaws if they decide on Søren!;)

In my oppinion if Søren is on the table for a name why not just call the boy Torben :lol:
No I am just kidding but Søren is soooooo common in Denmark and not very royal.

I also like names with Ann-..., like Ann-Christin, Ann-Marie or Ann-Kathrin.
:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom