The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
Well I would not call every journalist a paprazzi...

Journalists are not photographers. Photographers are paparazzi. They are called that b/c they follow people around, photograph them in public and not at official events or photo requests. The journalistic equivelent is tabloid journalists.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Courtier

Re: Misuse of CPss Mary's name and image for aussie ad campaign (unauthorised use)

Courtesy of the MSN Starlounge.

Mary, Christian og Isabella misbrugt i ble-reklame - MSN Starlounge

"Mary, Christian og Isabella misbrugt i ble-reklame- Mary, Christian and Isabella misused(abused) in nappy advertisement."

Does anyone know which news feeds and sources MSN.dk starlounge uses?

Is the main source Ritzau, or another news agency or media source or sources?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emeralds and Opals, I copied and pasted the credit at the end of the article:

Quote:
AF NIKOLAJ VRAA
FOTO: COLOURPRESS
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
Journalists are not photographers. Photographers are paparazzi. They are called that b/c they follow people around, photograph them in public and not at official events or photo requests. The journalistic equivelent is tabloid journalists.

I am pretty sure that most posters would take the opportunity to make photos of Fred & mary if they'll have the chance. But would you describe yourself as a paparazzi? , probably not...
Old 09-08-2008, 03:23 AM
Nobility

Well, looking at all those paparazzi photo's I must say that Princess Mary doesn't do much to avoid their camera's, in fact she is looking straight into them at most of the pictures. I guess that these shoots can be called "unofficial photoshoots"?
Old 09-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Well, looking at all those paparazzi photo's I must say that Princess Mary doesn't do much to avoid their camera's, in fact she is looking straight into them at most of the pictures. I guess that these shoots can be called "unofficial photoshoots"?

On the majority of pics I've seen of Mary, she is always looking at the camera, putting on her best smile. She seems to really enjoy being popular with photographers. At the very least, she is always ready for her photo to be taken. It's quite amazing.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeralds and Opals View Post
Courtesy of the MSN Starlounge.

Mary, Christian og Isabella misbrugt i ble-reklame - MSN Starlounge

"Mary, Christian og Isabella misbrugt i ble-reklame- Mary, Christian and Isabella misused(abused) in nappy advertisement."

Does anyone know which news feeds and sources MSN.dk starlounge uses?

Is the main source Ritzau, or another news agency or media source or sources?
No, this one came from SE & HØR, who broke the story.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
On the majority of pics I've seen of Mary, she is always looking at the camera, putting on her best smile. She seems to really enjoy being popular with photographers. At the very least, she is always ready for her photo to be taken. It's quite amazing.
I guess that's because the media tends to buy pics in which the photographer caught the princess and not those where Mary looks the other way.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
Well she knows they are there so it is better to smile than make a nasty face or remark. All the Royal Princesses are the same way. It is part of their job for their country. At least Mary always looks nice and pleasant.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I would not call every photographer paparazzi. There is quite a difference between a photo journalist and a paparazzi photographer. A photo journalist will sometimes follow a subject around as part of their assignment, usually with that person's permission, but not always (ie undercover/investigative work). I know quite a few photo journalists (including Pulitizer Prize nominated) who would be very offended at being called paparazzi.

Paparazzi is a photographer who is always following their subject, trying to catch them in an off moment, sometimes baiting them into saying something to the paparazzi so they can then say the person reacted to them, usually not working with an accredited news organization, and then trying to sell their pictures to the highest bidder.

I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but there are many hard working people in the media who actually do verify facts, report only true facts and double check their sources, etc. Not everyone in the media is like a worker at the National Enquirer or TMZ.

I think the CP couple was hounded during their trip by the paparazzi. However, I think they should have arranged a photo call with the media soon after Fredrick arrived so they could try to have some peace and quite. Waiting until they got to Sydney was a mistake and caused a daily feeding frenzy among the paps until then. One thing to keep in mind is that paps very rarely agree to "take pics at a scheduled time and then leave me along"...otherwise they would not make much money.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santacruz View Post
I am pretty sure that most posters would take the opportunity to make photos of Fred & mary if they'll have the chance. But would you describe yourself as a paparazzi? , probably not...
It depends how intrusive the general public would be. If they were stalking her, yes. If they were right there all the time, yes. If they were right next to her every second, yes. If they take one or two photos discretely and go on there way, no. The same goes for photographers. All royals and celebs expect to get photographed when they go out to a certain extent. But then there is overboard which I have described above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrothead View Post
I would not call every photographer paparazzi. There is quite a difference between a photo journalist and a paparazzi photographer. A photo journalist will sometimes follow a subject around as part of their assignment, usually with that person's permission, but not always (ie undercover/investigative work). I know quite a few photo journalists (including Pulitizer Prize nominated) who would be very offended at being called paparazzi.

Paparazzi is a photographer who is always following their subject, trying to catch them in an off moment, sometimes baiting them into saying something to the paparazzi so they can then say the person reacted to them, usually not working with an accredited news organization, and then trying to sell their pictures to the highest bidder.

I don't mean to go off on a tangent, but there are many hard working people in the media who actually do verify facts, report only true facts and double check their sources, etc. Not everyone in the media is like a worker at the National Enquirer or TMZ.

I think the CP couple was hounded during their trip by the paparazzi. However, I think they should have arranged a photo call with the media soon after Fredrick arrived so they could try to have some peace and quite. Waiting until they got to Sydney was a mistake and caused a daily feeding frenzy among the paps until then. One thing to keep in mind is that paps very rarely agree to "take pics at a scheduled time and then leave me along"...otherwise they would not make much money.
Sorry Parrothead if you misunderstood my post. I did not call all photographers, paparazzi. I used to model so I have many photographer friends. I said paparazzi were the journalist equivelant of tabloid reporters. I am sorry if I did not clarify it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Well she knows they are there so it is better to smile than make a nasty face or remark. All the Royal Princesses are the same way. It is part of their job for their country. At least Mary always looks nice and pleasant.

I agree. If she looked sullen or angry that would not be good. She is being nice and professional.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Re: Short video clip Sydney govt. house

Jyllands posten has a short video clip with a link on their home page. In it you can hear CP Frederik and CPss Mary speaking english with danish subtitles.

The clip is little over a minute long in duration.

Thank you, Marmi for info abt the photo and story credits for the msn.dk starlounge article.

Does anyone know the top 5-10 danish news agencies, photo agencies, and also pan-scandinavian news and photo agencies that have reports on the Danish royal family?

The ones that I know of are Scanpix, PolFoto, DR, JP, Politiken, ANP, Colourpress,ALL OVER, Steen Evald, and Madeleine Glindorf.

The reason why I ask is that BT doesn't always have a writer listed for some online articles on their website.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Fashionista...my deepest apologies!! I did misunderstand you and my tangent wasn't very appropriate. Sorry!!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Do you remember that photo early this summer at a wedding, where she was pulling the sweater she was wearing up?? She was not looking at the camera and there were posts chastizing her for being snobbish, looking away and not smiling........Sometimes she just cannot win......