Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's something I have thought much about also. If the twins are of the same sex the family dynamic will change considerably; if they're one of each, the current balance can be maintained.
This is true .I wonder if the know what the twis are or have any names picked out

...and Fredrik is not the father, Elvis is.

Funny, Elvis is actually my son's name and he is only 7 years old...You might have to specify WHICH Elvis ;)

And January 17 is MY birthday so I would love the twins to be born on that day/date!!

This is true .I wonder if the know what the twis are or have any names picked out

I am of the opinion that they do know the sex of the twins. I'm sure they have some names in mind, but I don't think they'll be too quick to decide. They have 3 months until they officially have to reveil a name, afterall. I also think it will be very interesting to see what names they choose, especially if the twins are the same sex. I hope they have a boy and girl, but knowing the DRF, it'll probably be 2 boys. :p

Last edited:
Somehow I doubt that an active person like the Crown Princess would 'spend most of her time in bed', unless she has a cold or flu, of course!:bang:
I sincerely hope she is not ill, but am certain she must be very uncomfortable carrying her babies around so that I join others in wishing her a safe and speedy delivery:flowers:

As she has been photographed driving a car and walking around in the palace, I think we can assume that she is not ill :)

It doesn't look like there is something on the passengers seat in front :)

While on the topic of photos, it's so good to see that this board has refrained from invading Mary's privacy by publishing a photo that was published in Australia today by various newspapers - a photo taken yesterday of Mary inside the palace in her private space. Bravo for the restraint, everyone!

I find it a bit disturbing as the women just like anyone else needs privacy, and taking a picture of her through the palace windows should not be allowed. Yes it's great seeing her but not this way.

Yes, I agree. To take a photo of her when she is on official duties is one thing but to take a photo of her like a Peeping Tom is another matter.

Hope the twins arrive tomorrow as it is my son's birthday :)

I wish her an easy and quick delivery.

I find it a bit disturbing as the women just like anyone else needs privacy, and taking a picture of her through the palace windows should not be allowed. Yes it's great seeing her but not this way.

Dazzling I think linking the photo from this forum is not respecting Princess Mary's privacy, sorry. It's a clandestine photo and linking to it is creating an audience and endorsing it! It can be removed can't it?

Dazzling I think linking the photo from this forum is not respecting Princess Mary's privacy, sorry. It's a clandestine photo and linking to it is creating an audience and endorsing it! It can be removed can't it?

Yes it can be deleted but if it is already surfing the net then why not posted it elsewhere. Im not arguing why it is posted here or not but the fact that the photographers are invading her privacy while behind the palace walls. I would understand if they pictures her while out of the palace but not in. The crown prince couple/family have always been generous in providing pictures, to me such an act of photographers/press to create a story is not nice.

The twins will be delivered soon, I think they should take a deep breathe and wait patiently.

:previous: Isn't there a law against that sort of invasion of privacy? If not there certainly should be. :bang:

:previous: Isn't there a law against that sort of invasion of privacy? If not there certainly should be. :bang:

Stricktly speaking it is actually a breach of the Danish laws of privacy.

If someone take a picture of one of the palais at Amalienborg and a closer inspection reveals that Mary was standing in the window, it's just coincidental.
If someone deliberatly use a telelense to take photos of Mary inside the palais, behind closed windows and obviously without her knowing it, it's a breach of the legislation. - Whether it's deemed too trivial a matter for the courts is another question.

--------------------------------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Sidste lægetjek før fødslen - Final medical check-up before giving birth.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen, the BB sentinel outside Rigshospitalet.

Monday Mary went to Rigshospitalet for a check-up. The head of the midwives, Birgitte Hillerup and obstetrician Morten Hedegaard examined her. Everything was fine, says the article and the birth can take place any time now.
If the birth has not started within the next few days, there are strong indications that the birth will be started no later than mid January.

Four rooms are on stand-by at the delivery ward, ready for Mary. Mary will only be using one of them, but there are four rooms prepared for her.
Once she has given birth, she and the twins will wheeled to the maternity ward where a room is also ready for her.

Last edited:
To be honest, and I am a Mary fan, I am really not that interested in the births of her twins. The reason being that now once they are born we are going to be waiting for ages to find out their names.

For me, I cannot maintain interest for so long.

Its nothing to do with Mary, but that particular Danish royal tradition of keeping the name a secret.

To be honest, and I am a Mary fan, I am really not that interested in the births of her twins. The reason being that now once they are born we are going to be waiting for ages to find out their names.

Its nothing to do with Mary, but that particular Danish royal tradition of keeping the name a secret.

Why is that so important that you cannot wait three months?

Are you planning to go to Mars? :p

Why is that so important that you cannot wait three months?

Are you planning to go to Mars? :p

It'll be interesting to find out what the sexes are, but I think my excitement is more reserved as well Australian.

It has nothing to do with going somewhere though Muhler, more that keeping up that level of excitement just to know what the sexes are only to have to wait and build up that excitement three months later to finally learn the names. I'd much rather just wait until the christening for my excitement.

@muhler:
thanks for the translation. as a dane, how do you reckon she and frederik are coping with media-curiosity?
i couldn't grasp the exact meaning of what they said in their first respective interviews after the announcement, but judging from the translation and their expressions, having twins had been a major surprise for them both!

if there is an opportunity for a picture to be taken it will be taken. its a profession called "paparazzi" that earns people a living. whats new. if the court is not happy they are free to take precaution to prevent similar shots in the future (for example install some curtains, good idea) or go to court (not so good idea). it doesnt take rocket science to figure out that the media is on high alert in denmark these days.

imo its naive to believe that people of public interest are only subject of interest when on duty. no, they are subject of interest 24 hours a day and when they want to be private, they have to make sure they are private indeed. its daily business for royals. there are more popular people on this planet than mary but usually we dont see them behind their windows because their windows are protected.

Perhaps she made herself visible to be kind and let people know that she is fine and also that she is not in labor.

Perhaps she made herself visible to be kind and let people know that she is fine and also that she is not in labor.

exactly. given the attention that mary deals with day in day out it is a strange thought that she wasnt aware of the opportunity to be photographed when behind a window without curtains with full lights on.

To me it looks like Mary is in one of the rooms that were open for public last year, not in the private rooms.

Nevertheless it doesn't excuse the breach of privacy laws.

exactly. given the attention that mary deals with day in day out it is a strange thought that she wasnt aware of the opportunity to be photographed when behind a window without curtains with full lights on.

It looks like she was on the phone and walking around which a lot of people do while talking ;)

@muhler:
thanks for the translation. as a dane, how do you reckon she and frederik are coping with media-curiosity?
i couldn't grasp the exact meaning of what they said in their first respective interviews after the announcement, but judging from the translation and their expressions, having twins had been a major surprise for them both!

You are welcome. :)

I think they are doing fine. It's certainly not M&F who are feeding the media. The medias are perfectly able to that on their own!
Apart from that, it's not like there are TV cameras permanently outside Rigshospitalet. Nor are people glued to the TV for any news on the pregnancy.
Those who seem most impatient appear to be the magazines and tabloids. :p

And you are right, twins was quite a surprise for M&F! :eek:

It'll be interesting to find out what the sexes are, but I think my excitement is more reserved as well Australian.

It has nothing to do with going somewhere though Muhler, more that keeping up that level of excitement just to know what the sexes are only to have to wait and build up that excitement three months later to finally learn the names. I'd much rather just wait until the christening for my excitement.

Yeah, okay. I guess I wouldn't be sitting on the edge of the seat either, if it were, say Michelle Obama, who was about to give birth to twins.

Last edited:
Anyway, with half the BB reporters pacing up and down the floor at the office, waiting for the birth, they've begun to dig up old quotes from M&F, just to have something to write about...

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Sådan skal tvillingerne opdrages - This is how the twins will be brought up.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who believe M&F will follow a similar pattern from Christian and Bella.
Frederik: "Christian will sleep an arms-lenght away from mum and dad". - And later on: "Christian now sleep in his own room, but with a baby alarm, so that we can hear him".

The family/quality time at breakfast has a high priority. Frederik: "To be parents isn't just about servicing the child by changing diapers and food, but most of all about spending time together. That's both fun and important and we have benefitted a lot from that. The more you are together with your children, the better. We can see on both Christian and Isabella that this is something they are fond of and feel comfortable with".

One of the first activities Christian and Bella was subjected to was probably baby-swimming. Both have learned to ride bikes and Christian to ski.
Children should be allowed to try new things. "Children are not made of porcelain. They just needs to be treated with common sense".

There are rules in the CP-household. One of the is: No swearing!

They end the day by saying the Lords Prayer with the children.

--------

BB also has a brief article about the Vogue shoot, I will omit writing a summary of that as there are very few details. I would instead much prefer to read a summary from those who have read the magazine. M&F appear to emphasize themselves as "a modern couple with modern interests".

For those in the know: BB will be up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Didn't Isabella learn to ski last time in Verbier, too?

just checked frederik's calendar on the CP official page and well, the event scheduled for Jan13 has been cancelled. does this mean twins on their way to the world, and frederik's presence on Jan13 highly likely required eslewhere, i.e. at home with the oldest two or at hospital with mary and the new ones???

just checked frederik's calendar on the CP official page and well, the event scheduled for Jan13 has been cancelled. does this mean twins on their way to the world, and frederik's presence on Jan13 highly likely required eslewhere, i.e. at home with the oldest two or at hospital with mary and the new ones???

Or the event was simply cancelled because it couldn't go ahead?
The royal couple aren't going to know when the babies are coming unless Mary has planned the birth for a specific day.

of course they don't know for sure, but i guess the doctors would have told them something more specific than the "anytime soon" the newspapers say. the twins can certainly come anytime they want, and had it been the case of Mary being admitted to hospital during some New Year event Frederik would have had to sneak out of it (and rush to hospital in full navy gala uniform and decorations... just imagine!).
in order to avoid such a clamor, I reckon that together with his staff Frederik decided it was safer not to attend anything. unless it is as you say and the event simply could not go ahead.
also because I think they will try and make it to the hospital with some privacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom