Crown Princess Mary is Expecting Twins in January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's so cool. My dad's cousin's wife is very pregnant right now and I'm really hoping for Saturday - 12/11/10!

I really hope the twins don't get here on 12/24 or 12/25 - how awful to have your birthday swallowed up in Christmas every year, especially when you're a child.

I agree - a lot of people all along have been saying the babies will be here in December (and not Dec. 30 or 31) because twins are born early, and Mary is due in January. That doesn't really make sense to me, because surely the doctors themselves understood that twins don't usually make it the full 9 months, and it seems to me that they would have given Mary her due date accordingly. Thus, I think January is an early birth, and if it were a single baby we would be looking at perhaps February.

It depends on each individual, I had a friend who reached her last days of 9months with twins. Im going for early January as well, thats the best choice so far.

By the way dazzling, I think it's awesome that you met Mary! In Denmark, at home in the UAE, or elsewhere?

In London :)

As for official pregnancy announcements, are the dates extended to account for post dates births...for example, if Doctor calculated birth should occur 27th December, early twin birth puts the possible date maybe around the 13th December...the Court adds a month/3 weeks to this date and releases that babies are expected first week of January to account for all contigencies...Mary's recovery, complications with babies, early birth, need for privacy during this time, etc...As others have said, Christian's birth was announced as November, he came mid-October, Isabella's May birth, came late-April...So early January is code for mid to late December ;)

Yes, you are right!

I bet the twins will be born the week before Christmas! :)

I bet the twins will be born the week before Christmas! :)

I was actually thinking the 18th December, 2010 (18/12/10) would be a good birthday...exactly a week before Christmas and a date that falls between Christian's 15th (new twins, 18th) and Isabella's 21st...Perfect!

From the point of view of the Royal Court a royal birth is always announced around the 13th week of pregnancy when the first echo is made and a normal birth is to be expected.
Mary's pregnancy was announced on August 6th, so a due date for an "only" child would be the beginning of February. Twins tend to be born two to three weeks earlier.
Mary's first pregnancy (with Christian)was announced on April 25th 2005.
The birth was expected for the end of October (around 25th).
He came right in the middle of October.

Laeticia of Spain's pregnancy then was announced for November.

Mary's pregnancy with Isabella was announced on October 26th
Due date was officially the first days of May.
Princess Isabella was born on April 21st.

I think that the time of a pregnancy announcement (13 weeks) can say more about the expected birthdate than the official given date.

In the case of this twins I think that the doctors already took in account that they would be born three weeks earlier.
So during the month of January would be a good guess

Last edited:
Hopefully the twins come soon...there are two babies in there and the longer there are in there (Mary's uterus) the bigger they get and the harder they are to get out ;)

I said I hoped for December 17th...before I leave for my vacation, nice and convenient for me, so I can spend my weeks away hypothesizing about what their names will be :)

As for official pregnancy announcements, are the dates extended to account for post dates births...for example, if Doctor calculated birth should occur 27th December, early twin birth puts the possible date maybe around the 13th December...the Court adds a month/3 weeks to this date and releases that babies are expected first week of January to account for all contigencies...Mary's recovery, complications with babies, early birth, need for privacy during this time, etc...As others have said, Christian's birth was announced as November, he came mid-October, Isabella's May birth, came late-April...So early January is code for mid to late December ;)

This weekend is good for me :) Oh, I just thought, if the babies are born in the next few days (10th/11th) would Frederik still go to Dubai on the 12th? I'd say NO, he would cancel and say see you guys next year :)

I don't think that the Royal Court can delay a due date in their announcement every time.
The Media will draw their conclusions and make their own more or less correct date.
BTW The Court gave the correct date for the birth of prince Henrik.
Yesterday (11-12) the crownprincely family went out for a ballet performance.
They all looked relaxed

I don't think that the Royal Court can delay a due date in their announcement every time.
The Media will draw their conclusions and make their own more or less correct date.
BTW The Court gave the correct date for the birth of prince Henrik.
Well, here in DK we (and the danish medias) are used to this "hound&fox" from the Court. So we all know - unofficially - that the court takes the duedate, adds two weeks and gives that date as the official duedate. Here in DK all pregnant women will be put into labour if they go over 14 days over duedate.

Then everyone can say that Prince Christian and Pss Isabella was early, but Prince Henrik came on duedate.

IMHO then Prince Christian and Princess Isabella arrived on their duedate (give or take a day or two) and Prince Henrik was late.

And now the twins: The court has announced that the birth will take place during January, that could mean everything from medio - ultimo January. I think it means in the first half of January officially.

So IMO then the right duedate is somewhere between ultimo December and primo January and with twins being even earlier I´ll say: Medio December - primo January :flowers:

Well, here in DK we (and the danish medias) are used to this "hound&fox" from the Court. So we all know - unofficially - that the court takes the duedate, adds two weeks and gives that date as the official duedate. Here in DK all pregnant women will be put into labour if they go over 14 days over duedate.

Then everyone can say that Prince Christian and Pss Isabella was early, but Prince Henrik came on duedate.

IMHO then Prince Christian and Princess Isabella arrived on their duedate (give or take a day or two) and Prince Henrik was late.

And now the twins: The court has announced that the birth will take place during January, that could mean everything from medio - ultimo January. I think it means in the first half of January officially.

So IMO then the right duedate is somewhere between ultimo December and primo January and with twins being even earlier I´ll say: Medio December - primo January :flowers:

Good argument! I think you are right!

OK, if January is the case, I still hope for 1/1/11...Just part of Mary's charmed life to give birth to TWINS on a lucky auspicious birthdate as that!!! :)

Well, I would guess the 21th December 2010 last hour.

I'm guessing the last week of December. I guess it won't be long and we will find out!!

OK, if January is the case, I still hope for 1/1/11...Just part of Mary's charmed life to give birth to TWINS on a lucky auspicious birthdate as that!!! :)

Yes, 1/1/11 would be a wonderful birthday for the twins.
It reminds me of Princess Beatrice who was born on 8/8/88!

December 11 - Mary out with the family. I know this event was discussed in the Danish royal family thread but I wanted to point out how good she looks and how healthy she is. This pregnancy really suits her & she does not look like she is carrying twins at all. Not sure if this is the last picture of Mary we will get to see before the twins are born.

Picture

I think the twins will either be born in the very last days of December, about the 28th, or in the very first days in January, January 3rd I think....:flowers:

Prince Henrik, Joachim and Marie's son, was not a late birth.
His weight at birth was 3010gr. Very normal.

The last weeks of pregnancy a baby gains about 150gr to 200 gr of weight each week.
Two weeks after due date a birth is induced.
A late birth child (up till 42 weeks of pregnancy) normally weights 300 to 400gr more than he weighted on his due date.

My granddaughter was a late birth and weighted 4000gr at birth (400gr. more than she would have weighted on her due date)

Last edited:
Prince Henrik, Joachim and Marie's son, was not a late birth.
His weight at birth was 3010gr. Very normal.

The last weeks of pregnancy a baby gains about 150gr to 200 gr of weight each week.
Two weeks after due date a birth is induced.
A late birth child (up till 42 weeks of pregnancy) normally weights 300 to 400gr more than he weighted on his due date.

My granddaughter was a late birth and weighted 4000gr at birth (400gr. more than she would have weighted on her due date)
I´m not saying that he was late as in late-late, just that he was born after the right duedate :)

Well, she's not on bedrest yet so things are going well. She's looking great!

I think having a birthdate of 1/1/11 would be fun, but I think I'd like them to have separate birthdays. One born before midnight, one born after midnight.

I would like if the birth of the babies will be on January 5. It's my birthdate : )

Thanks Muhler.

Lovely pictures, Mary has looked wonderful, so healthy and happy during this whole pregnancy.

I think the babies will be born the last week of December, and they wiil have a boy and girl.

Right, we are getting closer, so I thought I would briefly go through the procedure when the twins are born.

Let's say Mary gives birth tonight.

Frederik will shortly thereafter write a personal letter to QMII, where he informs her Majesty that two whatever-they-are has been born.

That letter will be presented to QMII as soon as possible. (Tomorrow morning in this example). The letter will then end up in the national archive.

The following noon after a birth within the DRF, salutes will be fired.
Both at Holmen, where battery Sixtus will fire a 21 gun salute. The battery is located at the navy yard in Copenhagen and next to a flagpole flying the official Flag of the Realm.

At the same time a 21 gun salute will be fired from the Battery at Kronborg Castle. - That's a favourite among camera crews and photographers, because it's so spectacular.
The cannons at Kronborg are several hundred years old and they are, I understand, the oldest functioning cannons in the world.

It will be a 21 gun salute and not a 42 gun salute, because eventhough it's twins there is no reason to overdo it! It would sound like an artillery barrage! :p

At some point after the twins have been born and christened, they will be officially entered into the protocol listing those who are in line for the Danish throne. Then a message will be send out to all Danish embassies announcing the fact to the local governments that two new heirs to the Danish throne have been born. (Christened and survived the infancy).

Last edited:
I know it's unlikely to happen this way but one born just before midnight on Decemeber 31st and one born just after midnight Januarty 1st would be something!

Names

How long after the birth will the names be released? I remember in Christian's case it was weeks later.

They will be said out loud at the Christening and not before, if the CPC follows tradition :)

How long after the birth will the names be released? I remember in Christian's case it was weeks later.

Christians and Isabellas names were announced at the Christening which is usually 3 months after the birth.

They will be said out loud at the Christening and not before, if the CPC follows tradition :)
I think it is safe to assume that they do indeed follow the tradition, as they did it with the names of Christian and Isabella, too :lol:

I think it is safe to assume that they do indeed follow the tradition, as they did it with the names of Christian and Isabella, too :lol:
Oh yes, I think so too, it was just to be safe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It will take some time before we get to know the names of the twins, but I think it is a nice tradition to say the names out loud at the Christening! :)

By the way, does anyone know if this is a tradition in the Danish royal family only, or is this a tradition in Denmark generally?

I think it was said before Christian's christening that it was a family tradition, although it's possible other families might stick with that too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom