The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2017, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princely Family Visit to the Faeroe Islands: August 23-26, 2018

We can look forward to next year: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-med-boernene

M&F and their children will visit the Faeroe Islands next August aboard Dannebrog.
The visit will take place 23-26th August. - That means the children will take a few days off from school.

It's been 14 years since M&F were last on the islands.
This is an official visit, so lots of events coming up.

http://kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kronpri...ger-faeroeerne

- I think that's a good indication that M&F will cruise DK aboard Dannebrog for the first leg of the summer cruises. As you know they are usually split up into two cruises.
My prediction says:
Lots of celebrations all over DK from May well into June of Frederik.
A cruise aboard Dannebrog in late July.
Then arriving on Dannebrog for the holiday at Gråsten.
Back to Copenhagen and the start of the new school year in August. - Giving the children time to find their feet before going to the Faeroe Islands.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
We can look forward to next year: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-med-boernene

M&F and their children will visit the Faeroe Islands next August aboard Dannebrog.
The visit will take place 23-26th August. - That means the children will take a few days off from school.

Kronprinsparret besøger Færøerne | Kongehuset

- I think that's a good indication that M&F will cruise DK aboard Dannebrog for the first leg of the summer cruises. As you know they are usually split up into two cruises.
My prediction says:
Back to Copenhagen and the start of the new school year in August. - Giving the children time to find their feet before going to the Faeroe Islands.
There were usually 2 cruises for the Regent Couple, not for the CP Couple, they only did 2 cruises in 2004 (Greenland + Denmark)
I thought there would be a cruise next year in connection with Frederik's birthday instead of this year (since 2008 they have done a cruise every third year: 2011 DK, 2014 Greenland). Though there was one this year but an unofficial one.

M&F visited the Faeroe Islands in 2005, so next year it will be 13 years since their last visit. For the children it will be the first time. I think they will look super-cute in traditional costumes and I hope they will have better weather than M&F had in 2005.

Old 12-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Kronprinsparret besøger Færøerne | Kongehuset

My prediction says:

This is super exciting! Im glad they are going to the Faeroe Islands, Its been a long time coming. The kids are older so Im sure they will enjoy it.

Tweet from the government of the Faeroe Islands
https://twitter.com/Tinganes/status/940928300314132480
Old 02-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I LOVE Greenland national costumes, but the ones from Faeroe Islands are nice as well. Love the dresses' upper part. Can't wait to see them all dressed up.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm looking forward to this, I really enjoyed seeing photos and videos from the last CP visit to Greenland so I'm sure their visit to the Faeroe Islands will be just as exciting. And the Faeroe Islands look beautiful, too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank