The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaJa View Post
I've liked all the royal weddings I've seen so far. I thought Charlies and Diana was lovely, very grand but lovely. And the modern ones including Princess Victoria were very well done. They're a reflection on the couples and their cultures, how each traditionally does it. I think Victoria's wedding was romantic , everything you imagine. The current wedding was sweet, traditional, lovely, but not that obviously romantic the way Victoria's was. But you still felt the love and intimacy.
Victoria's had a bit of Bollywood thrown in with all that melodrama.Or was that exuberance....?

Old 04-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20485994

Inside the reception.......

Old 04-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Courtier

I'm watching CBS's hour-long recap right now, and I'm struck by how very happy Philip looked at the end of the wedding and on the balcony. Nice to see from the old Duke!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say -- I really thought it was sweet that William didn't turn around to see Catherine as she walked up the aisle. That way he was the very last person to see her in that dress when she stood alongside him at the altar. Very romantic.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I have to say -- I really thought it was sweet that William didn't turn around to see Catherine as she walked up the aisle. That way he was the very last person to see her in that dress when she stood alongside him at the altar. Very romantic.
Agreed- and it was cute Harry peeked
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
If they had made all those "non traditional marks," it'd just be another splashy wedding and no one would pay attention. The whole allure of royalty IS the tradition, the rites and ceremonies. Some people think those traditions are archaic and old-fashioned, but that's what makes them so interesting.
I completely and 100% agree. Without tradition, history, timeless religious ritual and yes even a bit of boredom, all you have is just another celebrity wedding.

As another poster pointed out, I prefer the British way of doing it.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diann View Post
I agree with you. Even now there are no reports about the other royals who attended the wedding. Very disappointing. I missed the emotions, too. Victoria, Crown princess of Sweden, had to follow the protocol at her own wedding but there was still so much love...
Prince William seems to be a person that values his privacy, and he doesn't like public displays of affection, which, personally, I admire him for. I get pretty turned off by people who grab each others rear ends and have 10 minute kisses in public. He was acting like a person with dignity and decorum, which seems to be missing these days.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Nobility

Watching some of the replays, it appeared that as the royals were leaving Westminster Abbey, the Queen allowed Prince Philip to get into the carriage before her. Normally, it's the other way around since she outranks him, but I remember her doing the same with Diana's father, Earl Spencer, because of his health issues. Did anyone else catch that, or was I imagining it?
Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

no official photos???
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

Per a lip reader on 20/20 William said to his bride in the carriage - '' You have to wave back even if it's too much for you''

But another article said he said '' you don't have to wave back if it's to much for you''

So....take it whichever way you like

And 20/20 said William cut the cake with his sword ....lol, hope that's true

And the RAF helicopter above them was a surprised even for them......oh and BW is talking to King Consatine of Greece who attend both receptions, wonder what he'll share :)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
Watching some of the replays, it appeared that as the royals were leaving Westminster Abbey, the Queen allowed Prince Philip to get into the carriage before her. Normally, it's the other way around since she outranks him, but I remember her doing the same with Diana's father, Earl Spencer, because of his health issues. Did anyone else catch that, or was I imagining it?

I saw that as well, I also liked how he helped his wife out of the carriage at the palace.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Majesty

The emotion WAS there...the stolen glances and smiles, trembling voices and hands, the Archbishop reading the beautiful prayer the couple composed themselves.

It was tasteful and low-key and classy...the way it SHOULD have been.

There are some things that are so private they should not be shared..especially not on TV in front of a global audience.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielah-di View Post
no official photos???

Not yet. Maybe in a couple days.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Philip usually gets in first so that she can get out first.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Serene Highness

I just heard that the trees in the church are going to be planted at highgrove.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The emotion WAS there...the stolen glances and smiles, trembling voices and hands, the Archbishop reading the beautiful prayer the couple composed themselves.

It was tasteful and low-key and classy...the way it SHOULD have been.

There are some things that are so private they should not be shared..especially not on TV in front of a global audience.
I could not have said it better. I thought they conducted themselves with decorum and propriety.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

The King of Greece said up close Catherine looked relaxed and radiated love to William ....he said they did exchange many loving glances through out

His marriage advice- if the groom is wrong he should admit it immediatly and if he is right he should never tell Cute advice!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Majesty

One of the few things I did NOT enjoy about this wedding were the trees in the Abbey. I thought it would look more impressive than it did...but they just seemed out of place to me.

I know I am in the minority, but I wish they had not been there.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Nobility

The wedding service was short and simple - because that is what a normal Anglican service is like. The bride and groom were restrained - but that is what is expected in Britain. I watched it all live, and felt that there was a lot of communication between them in a very subtle way. With the cameras on them from all angles, they had to be very careful in their expressions. In no way did it come across to me that there were any problems between them!!

I also was sorry that more attention was not given to the foreign royals. But other posters are right - the British really do not know who they are, and the media know even less. Actually, the British media do not cover our own RF in much detail, and certainly never cover anything to do with other RFs (well, Grace Kelly's wedding was an exception, and that was because she was GK!). Prince Charles' and Camilla's trip to Portugal, Spain and Morocco recently was almost entirely ignored by the home media - such a pity!

I believe Harry said to William 'Just wait till you see her.' William said 'You're beautiful' to Catherine, and then made Mr Middleton and her laugh by saying 'This was meant to be a small family wedding.'

I thoroughly enjoyed my day - and must now get to bed before I fall asleep at the computer!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Royal Highness

The bride wore 3 inch heels- Harry made jokes and William said 'I love you'. :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g--amused.html

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding