The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That's not what we're trying to say. As a couple they looked: bored, unexcited, sad, a little bit peeved, annoyed. Brides and even grooms are usually happy, bit nervous but still filled love and joy. At one point William was slouching in the chair and in deep thought. I've never seen a bride who was without class...I've seen brides bursting with love and joy and yet they were still reserved. So right now you're making excuses for this royal couple.
errr, they're British ~ thats how they're supposed to look! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge(laaaave it!) have never shown themselves to be publicly emotional or affectionate so why would you expect them to be like that today. I thought they looked lovely, a tad nervous, but calm and you could see a deep joy within them.

I loved the wedding, Victoria's and Daniels is still the wedding of the century so far for me, but this wedding was so delightful and British and very William and Catherine. I loved the drive in the Aston Martin to Clarence House. I am going to guess that they have just started a new royal tradition. I am certain future brides will want an evening reception as well and this little drive and take the place of the honeymoon carriage procession. I'm a bit sad all the excitement is over now and I'll have to put away my tiara, o well, back to reality I guess.

Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_lanes View Post
BBC just said it's a different white dress. They said that it's another design by Sarah Burton. It's a white strapless dress with a hoop skirt and diamonds at the waist. That's all I've got at the moment.

Sounds divine! I want pictures.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Aristocracy

Fox news in the USA showed them going into the Palace in the car a few minutes ago. I am thinking if anything else comes out they will show it. I am getting tired LOL getting up at 3am is wearing on me. This was so worth it!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm guessing most likely we will get some photos of them arriving though I wouldn't expect proper official photos for this portion of the wedding but ya never know
Old 04-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
other royal couples has hold hands during the wedding service
The European royals do. That is however not the way for the British Royal family. I'm surprised that you didn't know that!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

anyone here knows who was the 650 guests for lunch?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy

I didn't get caught up with the wedding hyping, I had a very awaiting attitude all along.
I really liked Victorias wedding and I was really expecting it to be like that. I didn't hype it up in my head like a crazy freak...but I hyped myself into thinking this will be a great wedding because it's a British wedding. Everyone has this preconceived notion that the Brits do it big...no the Swedes do it big lol.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Ok- so I had to be somewhere early this morning and missed the last half of the wedding! Has anyone found a website I could watch it online?
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 04-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would suggest BBCNews perhaps, I know Iplayer has it on but that's for UK only.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25

errr, they're British ~ thats how they're supposed to look! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge(laaaave it!) have never shown themselves to be publicly emotional or affectionate so why would you expect them to be like that today. I thought they looked lovely, a tad nervous, but calm and you could see a deep joy within them.

I loved the wedding, Victoria's and Daniels is still the wedding of the century so far for me, but this wedding was so delightful and British and very William and Catherine. I loved the drive in the Aston Martin to Clarence House. I am going to guess that they have just started a new royal tradition. I am certain future brides will want an evening reception as well and this little drive and take the place of the honeymoon carriage procession. I'm a bit sad all the excitement is over now and I'll have to put away my tiara, o well, back to reality I guess.
I'm not expecting them to do back flips and be really touchy but give each other a lovers glance, a smile or something. I didn't even feel the chemistry between them. I didn't even see joy on her face...quite surprising to me.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Commoner

living in the uk you can't help but get hyped up about it. ever since the engagement was announced it has been royal wedding everywere. it is a bank holiday so no schools or work...

i think part of the problem is that they have been described as the new modern generation of the royal family and so people expect them to be a certain way.

they are what and who they are and on hindsight they were never ever going to have a wedding like any of us.

i've read somewhere that pippa's dress was like what kate would have worn if she had had a commoners wedding like anyone of us.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Gentry

Her 2nd dress is gorgeous!!!! She's wearing a white shawl/jacket! The diamonds at the waists are beautiful!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

I was thinking at first watching it wow these two look so nervous well really 3 I thought Harry looked a ball of nerves. Anyway I agree as the day goes on they seemed to really come to terms with the magnitude of the event and they warmed up. I did think perhaps holding hands would have been nice but again this is the BRF we are talking about I realized after I typed that post that just isn't done.

I bet at the party tonight they will be holding hands dancing close and having a grand time with the people they love and care for the most. I hope they have a wonderful reception BUT PLEASE release some pics!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

on bbc world news they just showed the newlyweds leave st. james palace, she was wearing a white dress, with a little jacket over it.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

First photos are in
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

OMG Fox news showed pics of the dress when they were getting ready to leave at clarence house. Not a huge skirt it has fullness. Strapless yes but with a ivory sweater over it...ugly with that sweater looks like she grabbed it on the way out realizing it might be chilly LOL. But the dress does have a diamond belt looks pretty and no tiara.
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJanet View Post
Well, both Kate and William aren't exactly charismatic people here.
I would very much like to know exactly what you mean by 'charismatic'. It was a religious event where serious wedding vows were exchanged between a couple committed to each other.
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The couple left Clarence House for BP and the evening dress is white and designed by Sarah Burton again.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Aristocracy

What did you think of the sweater it looked to be a different shade of white vs the dress right?
Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Bah hope we get some full body shots I'm missing all this stupid channels none of them are catching the evening reception.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding