The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by markusadam View Post
she looks totally bored,not much looking at each other really
Huh???!!!! I am quiet sure you did not watch the whole wedding!! Maybe you had a little nap inbetween?

Heir Apparent

Charles and Harry have just arrived back to BP

Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I did not hear Diana's name mentioned. Why would she be mentioned during the service?
i am used to it.
just a few personal words from the bishop to the couple who weds, but this is maybe not done in England.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Huh???!!!! I am quiet sure you did not watch the whole wedding!! Maybe you had a little nap inbetween?
I watched the whole wedding and I think that both William and Catherine looked bored after they had said their 'I wills'.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
She moved the ring so that William could put the wedding ban on first then she placed her engagment ring on after the wedding ring.
thank you so this is different from sweden
in sweden the engament ring stays on and the wedding ring goes over it.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

There are enough comparisons between Diana and Catherine, we don't need her name coming up during the service. Yes, it's sad that she wasn't there to witness this wonderful day, but she's there with them in spirit, and that's all that counts.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I just realized I hadn't seen any photos of Philippe and Mathilde.

Found one: http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...290492301.jpeg
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

I watched the whole wedding and I think that both William and Catherine looked bored after they had said their 'I wills'.
They did.
Some people will not admit that though

Kate has gotten everything she's ever wanted...she could at least show some happiness.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

I don't know how you registered "boredom" on either of their faces. You try getting married in front of hundreds of millions of people and see what kind of facial expressions you keep to.

Apparently because they weren't grinning like idiots and/or a Cheshire cat, the obvious answer is that they must be bored and disinterested. There's more than just the extremes, you know.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Aristocracy

I am crossing my fingers for pics!
Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

No Sister M...no matter how you try to cover it up the fact of the matter is they looked bored.n
Old 04-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
They did.
Some people will not admit that though

Kate has gotten everything she's ever wanted...she could at least show some happiness.

There's nothing to admit. Like I just said, apparently there's only two possible states a person can be in -- grinning like an idiot or bored to tears. There's no in between, where one can be happy but reserved at the same time.

What's with all this quack armchair psychology?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I just realized I hadn't seen any photos of Philippe and Mathilde.

Found one: http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/fot...290492301.jpeg
Mathilde looked very elegant. I love that colour too! She might be the best dressed guest.

Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy? They looked mostly happy, sometimes a bit tired and sometimes a bit pensive. People have different facial expressions during one day. I'd say they seemed genuinely happy and more so as the day progresses.
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
No Sister M...no matter how you try to cover it up the fact of the matter is they looked bored.n

Then I guess you need to write the Oxford English Dictionary and have the definition changed. Because if that's boredom, then what we had known to actually be boredom should now be called something else.
Serene Highness

This was a solemn occasion and to me they were just serious and paying attention. The camera wasn't on them the whole time so we missed seeing them for the whole thing.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/728x1000...3728x1000r.jpg

Why are the Princes of Belgium in the first line and the Queen of Spain in the second? Any personal reason?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Mathilde looked very elegant. I love that colour too! She might be the best dressed guest.

Could we stop arguing already whether the couple looked happy or unhappy? They looked mostly happy, sometimes a bit tired and sometimes a bit pensive. People have different facial expressions during one day. I'd say they seemed genuinely happy and more so as the day progresses.

You don't understand. They were bored, they don't love each other, they showed no emotions which means they are devoid of humanity, and will be getting an annulment since they obviously don't want to be married to one another.

Thank goodness the amateur Dr. Freuds here were able to let us know precisely what was going on in Catherine and William's heads, otherwise we'd never know how much they loathe and disdain their own wedding day.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

just saw the bride's wedding cake. its absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
for me its the best royal wedding cake

(i wonder if they will publish some official pics, with the royal family, alone, cutting wedding cake, official first dance, lunch...)
cant wait to see more stuff coming
Old 04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
http://g.api.no/obscura/pub/728x1000...3728x1000r.jpg

Why are the Princes of Belgium in the first line and the Queen of Spain in the second? Any personal reason?
and what were the order when enetring the church
oldest monachy first?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Long service, seriously? It was the shortest royal wedding i've ever watched. Attention was on Catherine and William.

[...]
Yes I consider 1 hour long enough for letting the camera showing us at least once the foreign royals that attended the service. No need to compare it with the length of other royal weddings.

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding