Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones: 19 June 1999

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oppie said:
The Earl of Snowdon is Edward godfather.

And even if he wasn't it is Edward and Sophie wedding they can invite who they want, there is no reason to get angry about it.

Princess Margaret is in the big group picture she is beside Sophie's father.

to me was stange see to anthony and don't to sarah because both are divorced, but anthony was in contact with the royal family for many many partys in all this time since his divorce.

margaret was in the photo with all the guest, she was with a green dress but in the photo with the ''close'' family she wans't and anthony yes is, you remenber that photo?

It is with Edward and I would assume Sophie godparents, that is why the Duchess of Kent and Duke of Gloucester are in that one without there spouses. (The other two godparents for Edward are Prince Louis of Hesse who is dead and Princess George of Hanover (Philip sister, aka Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark.

Last edited:
omg i remember watching the wedding on TLC and I actually taped it. The wedding was simple but elegant. And sophie looked wonderful. I remember at that time alot people were saying that there was a resemblance between Sophie and Diana.

So beautiful bride! Hope she get a better life than Princess Diana

Countess of Wessex Wedding Gown Question

Ok so I have read that her gown was a sleek white gown and that the coat covering it was a cover and train. Has anyone ever seen the gown underneath the coat? Does anyone have rarely seen images of this gown? Seems they didn't release many photos of this wedding behind closed doors as other weddings.
Thanks in advance!
Michelle

Thanks Incas looked thru that and no pictures without the coat on or more relaxed photos of the couple at the castle.
Michelle

MichelleVA, to my knowledge no photos exist of the dress underneath the coat. The coat was worn during the ceremony, and she is wearing the coat on all official photos that were released.

For all know they might actually have been sewn together. A good place to ask would be Madame Tosaud's. They were given an exact copy.

lovely dress. i remeber charles getting tired standing, after he while he looked like he could fall over.

Sophie (as well as Diana and Sarah) had a great veil. I loved the way Diana's had mother of pearl embellishments on it. Sophie's hung perfectly. I think that one of the reasons all the BRF brides had very long front/fingertip veils was so that they hung nicely, in a single thickness which both slightly obscured the face for tradition and also allowed the 'crowd' to see.

Her face just look a like Lady Diana

I agree with you. But I don't like Sophie's wedding dress. She was able to choose something more interesting.

I watched this royal wedding at my Uncle Jeremy's house. I can't believe they've now been married 10 years.

As for the veil, I don't think it makes any difference as to the bride's status, more a matter of personal preference. Sophie's veil was turned back before the ceremony (as appears also to be the case with Autumn Kelly when she married Peter Phillips in May last year).

As for Sophie's train, I'd say about 6 to 8' long.

After the ceremony, the couple left in a carriage back to the Windsor Castle for the reception

In that last pic of the couple on the chapel steps, Sophie looks as though she's wearing trousers under her trained coat.

I wish she didn't wear that coat thing with her dress. I don't like it.

Sophie's wedding outfit consisted of a dress with a trained coat over it, together with a diamond tiara holding her veil in place.

I dislike her wedding dress specially the sleeves,so medieval style:nonono:

I dislike her wedding dress specially the sleeves,so medieval style:nonono:

I think that was the intention for it to have a medieval style because the wedding took place at Windsor Castle which is a very medieval type of place. I think it was a nice and different type of theme. :)

:previous:

Yes, its a medieval type of place :wub:

I think she looked very lovely as she entered the church, the veil and tiara were absolutely beautiful. But the dress per se was a bit too simple and clean. But it was 1999 - I think fashion those days was kind of minimalism and clean chic...

I remember watching their wedding when it was on tv.

This is the first thread I've seen it reported that the coat train was detachable from the gown. From the way the media reported the wedding details albeit it was long ago, I remember it being described as a coat dress. Meaning, the train section isn't detachable.

Sophie's Tiara

:previous:

Yes, its a medieval type of place :wub:

I think she looked very lovely as she entered the church, the veil and tiara were absolutely beautiful. But the dress per se was a bit too simple and clean. But it was 1999 - I think fashion those days was kind of minimalism and clean chic...

Yes, I agree that she looked lovely. Also I love the medieval look. Her tiara apparently was made from the crown jewels and some people say that it was either a copy or parts of the Honey Suckle Tiara that was made for Princess Mary. Can anyone else confirm?
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...:official&hs=MDo&um=1&ei=BJLeStLpCImHlAeTxPRC

There is an article/page here... that talks about it
Sophie's Wedding Tiara

The theories surrounding the wedding tiara are very interesting - it's ashame that the palace do not seem willing to confirm where the tiara or the various elements of the tiara came from.

... the pictures are beautiful but I don't like the wedding-dress at all... and her hair and veil, not stylish!

me neither... but, I don't like the tiara at all, and even those days she keeps wearing it. Maybe she hasn't another one, or maybe she just like it haha, any way, I didn't like the dress or the veil, I believe the hair is well done. BUT I DON'T LIKE THE TIARA:ermm:

Back
Top Bottom