The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
PIc 2 : Prince Edouard de Ligne 's parents ??
No, the parents of Prince Edouard look different, see picture:

le prince Charles-Joseph de Ligne de la Trémoïlle (brother)
la princesse Alyette de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née princesse de Croÿ-Roeulx (mother)
le prince Charles-Antoine de Ligne de la Trémoïlle (father)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rB7uLlyu9-...50/s1600/2.jpg

Old 09-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
PIc 2 : Prince Edouard de Ligne 's parents ??

They are members of Isabella's family! From left to right you can see her brother David Andrea Orsini, her mother Lolita Orsini and her father Mario Orsini

Old 09-26-2014, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thank you for the update, HereditaryPrincess

Athénaïs' godparents are Alexandra Lanvin and Prince Lelio Orsini of Aragona. Here are some pics (number 3 includes the godparents):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **
You're welcome iceflower and thanks a lot for the photos. For me Prince Edouard and his family are rather likeable, and the little Princesses Althea and Athénaïs are adorable. I love how Princess Althea appears to have a special bond with her little sister; this is noticeable on a lot of Princess Isabella's Instagram photos of the two. Is Prince Lelio Orsini of Aragona related to Princess Isabella? IIRC, her maiden name is Orsini, so that got me wondering. I find it interesting that he is a Prince, I knew that the Orsinis had noble connections, but I didn't realise that some of the members of the family actually held princely titles.

Do we know where the christening took place?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Courtier

The Prince and Princess of Ligne were interviewed by L'Eventail, at the wedding of their niece, Princess Amélia of Orleans-Braganza, that took place in Rio de Janeiro, on August 16th.

Princess Amélia is a niece by blood of both of them, as the Prince is a brother of her mother, Princess Christine, and the Princess is a sister of her father, Prince Antonio.

The Prince and Princess talked about how they met, their wedding (also celebrated in Rio), their first years of marriage and their strong connection with Belgium and Brazil.

Le prince et la princesse Michel de Ligne se souviennent
Old 10-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Do we know where the christening took place?
It took place at the Church Saint-Pierre of Antoing in Belgium

Princess Isabella attended the Nathalie Garcon Cocktail Party in Paris on October 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Aristocracy

i came across a nice video of Prince Michel and Princess Eleanora talking about the castle and her links to Brazil. even a bit of interview with their daughter Princess Alix they seem like a very nice family and their château is beautiful

part 2 its in French
C'est du Belge - Família Imperial do Brasil - Parte 02 - YouTube
Old 10-23-2014, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
i came across a nice video of Prince Michel and Princess Eleanora talking about the castle and her links to Brazil. even a bit of interview with their daughter Princess Alix they seem like a very nice family and their château is beautiful

part 2 its in French
C'est du Belge - Família Imperial do Brasil - Parte 02 - YouTube

Part 1 is with Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil (where Her Royal Highness, born a Princess of Ligne, shows a great knowledge of Brazilian History):

What I found most interesting is that Princess Alix told that she, her parents and brother speak Portuguese at home, not French. I've heard she speaking Portuguese, and it's flawless. It was in a lecture Her Highness gave at Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro:

Portal PUC-Rio Digital
Old 12-14-2014, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Prince Edouard and Princess Isabella attended the Children for Peace Gala in Paris on December 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-20-2015, 04:16 AM
Administrator

Princess Isabella attended the 'Sicario' premiere during the 68th annual Cannes Film Festival yesterday, May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-24-2015, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Does Princess Alix de Ligne work in a fashion brand?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha Pal View Post
Does Princess Alix de Ligne work in a fashion brand?
Princess Alix works for H.Stern in Rio de Janeiro. She's a jewelry designer and marketing manager. She also writes for the Japanese site of Marie Claire.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Alex de Ligne should avoid wearing such deep neckline.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Just a little correction: the lady in the last pictures posted isn't Princess Alix de Ligne but Princess Isabella de Ligne de La Tremoille, née Orsini.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:59 AM
Heir Apparent

This is Princess Alix de Ligne and this is Princess Isabella de Ligne de la Trémoïlle née Orsini. Two total different persons indeed.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:16 AM
Courtier

Princess Isabella de Ligne is an actress isn't it?
Old 05-25-2015, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Yes, she is indeed.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Causa Imperial, a famous Brazilian monarchist organization, has just insinuated, on its Facebook page, that Princess Alix de Ligne is dating Count Guillaume de Dampierre, a French aristocrat.

They posted a photo of the couple, together with Archduchess Maria Laura of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium, taken at the wedding of Princess Amélia of Orleans-Braganza, on August 16, 2014, in Rio de Janeiro.

Now, Causa Imperial doesn't gossip. If they say the Princess and the Count are dating, they must be almost 100% sure of it. It's also a well known fact that the Imperial House of Brazil sometimes uses Causa Imperial to say things they don't want to say directly.

According to a monarchist in a another Facebook group, they're dating for some time now, and Count Guillaume has even learned to speak Portuguese. The monarchist thinks we are not far from hearing an engagement announcement.

The picture (they are a beautiful couple!):

https://scontent-gru1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3e&oe=56141503

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Great news. Congratulations to the couple if its true. Just wondering since I know next to nothing on the subject - is Alix in the Line of succession to the Imperial throne and if so would a wedding to a Comte de Dampierre be considered ebenbürtig?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Princess Alix is 9th in the Line of Succession to the Brazilian Throne, after her mother, the Princess of Ligne (born Princess Eleonora of Brazil), and brother, Hereditary Prince Henri of Ligne.

Her Highness is a niece of Prince Luiz, Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and a double first-cousin of the future Head of the House, Prince Rafael, whose father, Prince Antonio of Brazil, is one of the Princess of Ligne's siblings, and mother, Princess Christine of Brazil (born Princess of Ligne) is a sister of Princess Alix's father, the 14th Prince of Ligne.

I'm sure Princess Alix would keep her succession rights if she marries the Count. I think her family would be thrilled.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

WOW what a beautiful couple they are. I hope to hear soon for an engagement.

Tags
belgian nobility, belgium, ligne, nobility