Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, Current Events 1: September 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so sad for us... they must all be beyond depressed... it makes you stop and realise how precious life is...

are there any yearly events where we can see the royals if so can you give me some dates
also are there any state visits soon?

June 23 is National Day. Guarenteed about a million picture of the family. But alot of recent things have been canceled due to the death of JC. There are also alot of pics from that.

Nathalian
it is put in the calander you can see it in the royal watching thread

gaggleofcrazypeople
i was thinking of that but did bot know what date
do you got more dates where you will see the grand duke and his family
is his birthday celebrated officily

I think he is turning 50 this year. He was born on April 16. Sebastien was also born on that day, but in 1992. Last year, there were photos from their birthday, so this year I'm almost 100% positive there will be photos.

@bad_barbarella: The Royal family is in deep grief for six weeks and thus there is rarely some news during that time. The only information from the Grand Ducal family was the information that Grand Duke Henri planned a participation on the EU referrendum in next June and this caused quite a stir in the parliament as I wrote in the thread symbols and functions. With the argument that the Grand Duke doesn't have the rights to particpate at any vote and there is hardly any time to change the laws before the respective date, and thus the suggestion of GD Henri was cancelled by the parliament.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Top work, msfroyste! You're a star! There are two pics I've never seen before, which look like they were taken on National Day... there's the one of Guillaume and Felix looking vaguely amused, walking away from a wreath and one of Felix chatting with someone (?)

thanks, i've got more, they're from assorted events, luxembourg/portugal football game, portugese state visit, national day, etc. let me know if you want me to post them.

i've posted more in the photo gallery. btw, in case anyone's curious as to why i'm posting some pics there, it's b/c of the risk that they could've already been posted somewhere in this sub-forum and b/c of the fact that most of the are about previously covered subjects, such as felix's icky facial hair, although the pics i came across of him with it are rather nice, hehehehhe. anyway, i hope everyone enjoys the "new" ones. hehe. and i'll continue to post more as i get them.

The GD still will attend today's ceremony marking 60 years since the liberation of the Nazis' Auschwitz death camp?

Old news: GD visit from 8/11/2004

Attachments

• 041108MDL940%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    041108MDL940%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 041108MDL942%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    041108MDL942%2Ejp%2Ejpg.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 155
Some more photos from the 60th Anniversary of the Liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Concentration Camp. Some of these I have posted in the Queen Beatrix thread. From Corbis and Getty Images.

Attachments

• Beatrix, Albert, Henri, M-T 2.jpg
    Beatrix, Albert, Henri, M-T 2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 443
  • Beatrix, Albert, Henri, M-T.jpg
    Beatrix, Albert, Henri, M-T.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Auschwitz 1.jpg
    Auschwitz 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 320
  • Auschwitz Henri.jpg
    Auschwitz Henri.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Beatrix, Albert, Henri.jpg
    Beatrix, Albert, Henri.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 207
i didn't know mt went b/c i didn't see her.

No, only M-T and Henri went. They were the sole 'royal' representatives for Luxembourg.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
So anyway, the forum thing is never going to happen. Back to news about LRF, even if ther hasn't been any news about them lately.

I have bought a book published in homage to Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte with 150 great photos and some interesting reports about her life.:)

1 euro of the book price was going to a charity for cancer.;)

kewl drimal. it's always a good thing to support charities. tell us if you find anything out interesting and new.

drimal said:
I have bought a book published in homage to Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte with 150 great photos and some interesting reports about her life.:)

1 euro of the book price was going to a charity for cancer.;)

Whats the book called

to answer gaggle's question, the 6wk mourning period started when she died- i'm assuming this- and 6wks is a bit longer than a month, so i'd say it could be over next week. to answer bad's question, a rough translation is homage to grand duchess josephine-charlotte or grand duchess josephine-charlotte: a homage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom