Princess Madeleine as Patron of "My Big Day"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
There is something different in Madeleine, but I can't figure out what it is. I don't mean her changing hair colour.

Wow she looks amazing. She really glows from within and she looks so happy.

Absolutely. Since last summer. Both eye and mouth area. :sad:
Insinuating what, botox and surgery? Puh-leease.
IMHO the answer is: Absolutely not... You can see a pretty 30-year-old face, first lines and all, in this close up from one month ago:
http://s13.postimage.org/umv5bbauf/x610.jpg

Just like LadyFinn, I think Princess Madeleine looks slightly different here; more relaxed I'd say, less girlish than she used to, and probably quite contented with her life in America and away from Swedish royal life, although this would mean quite a loss of potential for the Bernadottes.

I am sure they are, Madeleine looks so happy: Chris still needs to get used to official engagements, he does not look particularly relaxed to me.

I thought the same thing. Hopefully it will not take him long to feel more comfortable.

He is getting better, he even smiles. Chris seems shy, he isn't used to it and he got very bad press. I wouldn't feel comfortable either.
He might improve doing more engagements, but since he chose to be a private person ( and it was the best choice he could have made) it might take time. I doubt he will do many engagements.
However they seem happy these days.

In addition he is probably still in trouble with the language. I don't know how fast he is progressing, I know from my own experience that Swedish is a difficult one to learn. He speaks German, I read, that should help him a bit.

My Big Day's (Min Stora Dag) "My Big Dinner" (Min Stora Middag) was this year on last Wednesday, so Madeleine didn't attend this year.

Madeleine met today Helene Benno, the secretary general of Min Stora Dag (My Big Day).
Prinsessan Madeleine i möte*med Hélène Benno, Min Stora Dag - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Here's a translated link
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamiljen/aktuellahandelser/aktuellt/prinsessanmadeleineimotemedhelenebennominstoradag.5.5b01e8814acd8748ba2537.html&usg=ALkJrhhClYVFKdgczCRaZDYcbtE9EDnYwg

Princess Madeleine re today's meeting
"It was rewarding and interesting to meet Hélène Benno today and get an update on MinStoraDag and the important work they do to delight seriously ill children." Said the Princess after the meeting."

From Svensk Damtidning:
Madeleine's royal missions are becoming fewer. Now the princess cancels a trip to Stockholm and Min Stora Dag (My Big Day) anniversary celebration.
Despite the move to London Princess Madeleine should fulfill her royal autumn program. So it was anyway a few weeks ago. But now things seem to have changed. Madeleine has namely chosen to decline the foundation My Big Day's 15-year anniversary at Junibacken in Stockholm.
- The princess will not be participating because she has a small baby that she must take care of, says Margareta Thorgren from the court.
The cancellation surprises many, because Madeleine is the organization's patron with a strong desire to help sick children.
Madeleine nobbar Min Stora Dag _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation

From Svensk Damtidning:
Madeleine's royal missions are becoming fewer. Now the princess cancels a trip to Stockholm and Min Stora Dag (My Big Day) anniversary celebration.
Despite the move to London Princess Madeleine should fulfill her royal autumn program. So it was anyway a few weeks ago. But now things seem to have changed. Madeleine has namely chosen to decline the foundation My Big Day's 15-year anniversary at Junibacken in Stockholm.
- The princess will not be participating because she has a small baby that she must take care of, says Margareta Thorgren from the court.
The cancellation surprises many, because Madeleine is the organization's patron with a strong desire to help sick children.
Madeleine nobbar Min Stora Dag _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Give her a break. She has a three months old baby and a toddler. By any standard she is entitled to maternity leave.

If she took part, people or press would say HOW can she leave her kidlets alone?
I think its okay to NOT take part this time.

it will always smell pick and chose, big parliament opening yes, charity work nah.

First she was in New York a long way ,now in London but has two small children. I imagine somewhere, sometime, somehow, something will do.

it will always smell pick and chose, big parliament opening yes, charity work nah.

Yes, one can say like that. I see that Svensk Damtidning had updated their article and made it clear that Madeleine had first accepted to attend and cancelled her attendance later.

Back
Top Bottom