The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 08-30-2015, 04:57 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 645
My understanding is that M has lived in London before and had very little public attention, media focus because the public don't really have that much interest in the Swedish Royal family.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 08-30-2015, 04:58 PM
eya eya is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish royal experts and reporters have always said that Madeleine is very strong willed and does always like she wants. But with Jonas she had to bend to the king's will.
But the most important thing in her life (the partner choice) made it back.
If you knew about infidelity and had forgiven he had to fight more. As perhaps did victoria with her prince.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 09-04-2015, 07:15 PM
Sister Morphine's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 2,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I agree. There are rumours about how Madeleine wanted renounce to her HRH status at the time of the wedding but that her father persuaded her not to.
Madeleine has always struck me as someone who marched to the beat of her own drum, so it doesn't surprise me that she picked up sticks and moved her family to London. She's not essential to the royal family, not really, not anymore. Now that Carl Philip is married, his wife can help share some of the load that Silvia and Victoria have to deal with, and Madeleine, Chris, and their children are free to live somewhat normal lives away from all that, returning for big family to-dos like weddings, birthdays, and maybe the Nobel Prizes.
__________________
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 09-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,805
Didn't Madeleine study for a brief period in London? I remember reading an article in Hello years ago that she was obliged to move back to Sweden because of the paparazzi in London. I wasn't a follower of the SRF back then so I don't recall the details but this must be more than ten years ago now.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 09-05-2015, 03:47 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Didn't Madeleine study for a brief period in London? I remember reading an article in Hello years ago that she was obliged to move back to Sweden because of the paparazzi in London. I wasn't a follower of the SRF back then so I don't recall the details but this must be more than ten years ago now.
From her biography
"Princess Madeleine spent time in England in the autumn of 2001 for English language studies".
Biography - Sveriges Kungahus
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 09-06-2015, 12:07 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
I think living in London is the best of all worlds for all concerned. Makes perfect sense. In fact, raising the children in London may not be an issue in a few years. Victoria will be having her second child, and who knows? She may have a third one day. Sofia is looking very fertile in the picture I just saw of her. I doubt Carl Philip and Sofia will stop at one child. So it's all moot.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 09-06-2015, 02:24 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,525
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson, Svensk Damtidning's royal reporter Johanna Lejon and Aftonbladet Klick's reporter xxx discussed at a Aftonbladet-TV podcast about Madeleine's many moves.
About the move to London they said that it is rumoured that they moved to Belgravia, one of the most exquisite areas in London where many celebrities live. Alexandersson said that it will not be easy for them with the publicity and paparazzis. Madeleine is very bothered of them, and Chris has already showed photographers his middle finger. Alexandersson said that she has had calls from german and british photographers living in London, they know exact the date when Madeleine and Chris moved but they don't know where and they try to fish for information from Alexandersson. Johanna Lejon says that if they found the princess in New York, they will find a princess in London.
They talked also about Madeleine's many moves, and the big and expensive renovation made to their their new, bigger apartment at the Royal Mews a couple of years ago. They said that Madeleine's moves had made headlines and this expensive renovation with a lot of luxurious details made to their home made headlines. The renovation was paid by the taxpayers, but Madeleine and Chris paid the special details themselves. They said that Madeleine perhaps doesn't still understand that these kind of things get to the press and make big headlines.
Prinsessan Madeleines krav p boende
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 09-06-2015, 08:42 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,698
What about leaving them alone now? I don't get all the bash against Madeleine and her family, frankly. I am sure the press will find something to complain about even now that they basically flew away from Sweden.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 09-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What about leaving them alone now? I don't get all the bash against Madeleine and her family, frankly. I am sure the press will find something to complain about even now that they basically flew away from Sweden.
I agree, bashing people is not good. I hope that they all get left alone in London. Belgravia is a nice area of London.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 09-06-2015, 09:32 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I agree, bashing people is not good. I hope that they all get left alone in London. Belgravia is a nice area of London.
the media will keep up making up stuff though, no matter what. Othewise, they don't have a target for negative things to say!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,525
Svensk Damtidning has an article about Madeleine’s new home. They know where it is but don't tell the address. Svensk Damtidning tells: SD visited the princess family's block and it's restaurants, gym and hair salons. With Sunday coziness at gallery Saatchi, dinners at Bibendum Oyster Bar and walks with children at the Hyde Park. Madeleine lives at a luxury address in one of most exclusive neighborhoods in London. The living room has light wallpapers, which match with the beige curtains at the pompous windows. In the living room isn't any furniture yet. When SD visits the area we see a man who washes the gates in the area, and he washes even Madeleine’s beautiful black door before he greets the security guard who stands at the neighbor's door. The couple has a small inner courtyard where the children can run without to be seen. On the other side of the street is a private park where only the residents of the area have access. But that is not a park for loud children’s plays, the children must stay quiet and the dogs are not allowed to go there.
SD writes also that at Madeleine's neighborhood there is a lot of luxury cars, and at the gym and jogging trips one can meet superstars like Gwyneth Paltrow. Madeleine and Chris love dinners at the restaurants, and they are lucky – two of London's top restaurants are in the area: Ametsa at the Halkin Hotel and Amaya. And it would take only 13 minutes for Madeleine to walk to get her hair done at Richard Ward's salon, where the duchess of Cambridge goes. Gym KX is a perfect place to train, you must be a member, it is also a perfect place to make contacts.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:05 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,563
Its clear that breadwinner Chris has to work night and day to be able to afford London life
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 09-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,656
Sounds like a tough life she's living in London..
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:04 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,367
Amaya is in the Belgravia section of London. It is the west of Green Park and BP and south of Hyde Park. One of the most expensive areas and very wealthy residents.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,209
Richard Ward's salon is in Sloane Square so Madeleine must live near there. Sophie also has her hair done by Richard but he comes to Buckingham Palace to do her hair and I imagine he goes to Kensington to do Kate's.
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:14 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Aftonbladet's royal expert Jenny Alexandersson, Svensk Damtidning's royal reporter Johanna Lejon and Aftonbladet Klick's reporter xxx discussed at a Aftonbladet-TV podcast about Madeleine's many moves.
About the move to London they said that it is rumoured that they moved to Belgravia, one of the most exquisite areas in London where many celebrities live. Alexandersson said that it will not be easy for them with the publicity and paparazzis. Madeleine is very bothered of them, and Chris has already showed photographers his middle finger. Alexandersson said that she has had calls from german and british photographers living in London, they know exact the date when Madeleine and Chris moved but they don't know where and they try to fish for information from Alexandersson. Johanna Lejon says that if they found the princess in New York, they will find a princess in London.
They talked also about Madeleine's many moves, and the big and expensive renovation made to their their new, bigger apartment at the Royal Mews a couple of years ago. They said that Madeleine's moves had made headlines and this expensive renovation with a lot of luxurious details made to their home made headlines. The renovation was paid by the taxpayers, but Madeleine and Chris paid the special details themselves. They said that Madeleine perhaps doesn't still understand that these kind of things get to the press and make big headlines.
Prinsessan Madeleines krav p boende
As I suspected, Madeleine won't have the same degree of privacy in London that she enjoyed in New York. To make things worse, she won't have the protection she would have in Sweden living in a Crown estate.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:15 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: East Greenwich, United States
Posts: 8
First time poster here!

I am not sure if this is true in other countries, but in the United States, many "perks" are charged as business expenses. For examples, a lawyer friend of mine charges his beach club fees to his law company as well as the yearly lease on his new car. Dinners at expensive restaurants are often written off as business expenses as well. Perhaps Chris does the same -- since his job REQUIRES that he and his family reside in the UK, maybe the Purple Dragon is a write-off.

Just a thought. Personally, how Maddy and Chris pay for their private lifestyle is their private concern IMHO.

But, I would add that I don't think Chris is as wealthy as has been claimed in other places. Where they lived in NYC was not the most fashionable and expensive by far, and I never read about their being out and about beyond the "official" engagements.The notion that Chris is a fabulously wealthy American/British financier is romantic but probably not realistic.

In any event, I am looking forward to the christening: seeing the adorable children, being envious of the lovely clothes, and wondering what I will have for lunch that day since MY invitation seems to have been lost in the mail!
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
First time poster here!

I am not sure if this is true in other countries, but in the United States, many "perks" are charged as business expenses. For examples, a lawyer friend of mine charges his beach club fees to his law company as well as the yearly lease on his new car. Dinners at expensive restaurants are often written off as business expenses as well. Perhaps Chris does the same -- since his job REQUIRES that he and his family reside in the UK, maybe the Purple Dragon is a write-off.

Just a thought. Personally, how Maddy and Chris pay for their private lifestyle is their private concern IMHO.

But, I would add that I don't think Chris is as wealthy as has been claimed in other places. Where they lived in NYC was not the most fashionable and expensive by far, and I never read about their being out and about beyond the "official" engagements.The notion that Chris is a fabulously wealthy American/British financier is romantic but probably not realistic.

In any event, I am looking forward to the christening: seeing the adorable children, being envious of the lovely clothes, and wondering what I will have for lunch that day since MY invitation seems to have been lost in the mail!
Chris is self-employed, isn't he ? I guess that pretty much rules out his expenses being charged to his business.

Chris' finances are indeed shrouded in mystery. There have been reports in the past that his business ventures were not doing so well and he might even have had some financial trouble, but no concrete evidence has ever shown up. Madeleine, on the other hand, is a millionaire in her own right and might be footing part of the bill. There is always speculation that she may also get some money from her father although, if she does, the money probably comes from Carl Gustaf's private funds and not from the State appanage.

The appanage itself is a block grant paid to the Royal Court of Sweden and currently divided up between the King's Household, the Queen Consort's Household, the Crown Princess' Household, and the Royal Mews. A separate block grant is destined to the maintenance and operation of the Royal Palaces. Madeleine and CP do not get any money directly from the Swedish taxpayers, although they may be reimbursed from appanage money when they perform official duties on behalf of the King. As mentioned before, Madeleine's wedding and the renovation of her apartment in the Royal Mews were partially paid for with State funds.

Royal Finances - Sveriges Kungahus
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 09-18-2015, 02:44 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
But, I would add that I don't think Chris is as wealthy as has been claimed in other places. Where they lived in NYC was not the most fashionable and expensive by far, and I never read about their being out and about beyond the "official" engagements.The notion that Chris is a fabulously wealthy American/British financier is romantic but probably not realistic.
According to Expressen, it had documents of testaments, Chris inherited 7 million SEK when his father died in 2004, and shared his fathers cars, furniture etc with his three half-sisters. And in 2007 he and his three half-sisters shared an inheritance of 3 million SEK from their aunt, the nun Cathleen.
So if Chris inherited 7 million + 750000 SEK = 7 750 000 SEK, that is about 950 000 USD in today's currency. And if he works as hard as he claims, has good salary and has invested his fortune well, he can be a quite rich man.
The swedish press writes about him as a millionaire, and that he is, if it is talked in SEK.
Chris arv efter sin pappa_ 7 miljoner _ Dokument _ Expressen
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 09-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 1,321
Good grief, The man's finances should be his own and private He is not a public figure, just married one. Yes he did inherit money from family, no one's business [except his wife's] As long as he can pay bills and not asking for public hand-outs, good for him. Don't know anything about the man personally, but he seems to be doing well and the way he and wife wants it. Hope they are both happy, healthy and content.
__________________

__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chris o'neill, london, princess leonore, princess madeleine


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine & Family Visit to Rome, Italy: April 26-27, 2015 Kingen Royal House of Sweden 76 05-06-2015 02:59 PM
Prince Carl Philip Moving Out: February 2008 marie45se Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 15 11-13-2012 03:58 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll feminism grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince harry princess beatrice fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prince sverre queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats time travel women deliver conference


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises