Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria told to Aftonbladet and Expressen on her way to the Junior Water Prize that it is very nice to become an aunt and they are keeping their fingers crossed.

What are they keeping their fingers crossed about??

great news,congratulation the couple.
i am sure the baby will be as pretty as his mom.

Wonderful news, I'm not the least bit surprised.In fact I wondered at Victoria's name day celebration. I am hoping Victoria will join in!

Last edited:
What are they keeping their fingers crossed about??

Of course for that everything would go well and Madeleine and Chris will get a healthy baby.
All Madeleine's friends have said that Madeleine has wanted children for a very long time.

I also congratulate them warmly, and hope Victoria will join in indeed. I have the feeling that regarding Victoria there might be an agreement to avoid significant news which would draw away the attention of the public from the 40th anniversary célébrations for the king.

Last edited:
Prince Carl Philip on Madeleine & Chris's baby news:
For Sweden

Very nice comments and he's waiting to become a father too.

I wonder where the baby will be born.

Of course in New York..

I would have thought they would come back to Sweden to give birth ? He's after all in line to the throne - and so far there's only one in his/her generation ...

Sweden is the better and more logical choice.

Exactly, I think Sweden makes more sense.

I think they will move back to Sweden probably towards the end of the year and the baby will be born in Sweden.

After the announcement, many reporters said they could move back to Sweden and leave NY. In my opinion it depends mostly on Chris but I assume they already discussed and chose what to do.
But the baby will be born in Sweden. I'm sure Madeleine wants her family close.

I read somewhere that madeleine will be giving birth in sweden , but nothing sais she and chris will be moving there permanently ;)

It was mostly a speculation of J. Lindwall. I read it on Expressen and he repeated it on tv.
I doubt it is true. But I think they will spend more time in Sweden.

Last edited:
I'm okay with them not living there permanently, but I still think a member of the RF in it's "inner circle" should be born in Sweden.

The king's solicitor Axel Calissendorff says in Svensk Damtidning, that the child will be a prince or a princess. Because Madeleine is still HRH, the child will also be a HRH and fifth in line to the throne.
But to get to the throne there are things we already know, the child must be raised to evangelical faith, the child must be raised in Sweden and can't marry without the government's permission.
SDT1338_

I would hope Madeleine would be in Sweden for the birth. As to a title, at first I thought no, but then I thought about the children of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands. Her husband is not royal or even aristocratic (as far as I know) but her children are princes/princesses. So maybe Madeleine's children would be HRHs. These marriages are all new ground for the Swedish royal family.

I would like to see their children being Counts and Countesses O'Neill, not Princes and Princesses of Sweden. I think it would be more appropriate.

I would like to see their children being Counts and Countesses O'Neill, not Princes and Princesses of Sweden. I think it would be more appropriate.

That would have been a great solution but it's not possible as the O'Neill family itself are not aristocratic and the swedish King can't bestow any noble titles. Just Prince/Princess titles to members of the royal family.

Since Maddy does not seem to keen on being a princess with all the restrictions that brings it seems odd that her children should be anything more than Mr or Miss O'Neill especially if their life is to be lived largely outside of Sweden.

I thought they had said that they planned on moving back to Sweden. And Chris said he was trying to learn the language

Since they just bought an apartment in NYC it would appear that they intend for the immediate futire spending their time there.

Since they just bought an apartment in NYC it would appear that they intend for the immediate futire spending their time there.

Not necessarily as they will most likely maintain multiple residences.

I would hope Madeleine would be in Sweden for the birth. As to a title, at first I thought no, but then I thought about the children of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands. Her husband is not royal or even aristocratic (as far as I know) but her children are princes/princesses. So maybe Madeleine's children would be HRHs. These marriages are all new ground for the Swedish royal family.

Will it have an Impact on the line of succession, if the children are Born in Sweden or NY? (i.e. only Swedish People can become in line of the throne)?
Bye Bine

Will it have an Impact on the line of succession, if the children are Born in Sweden or NY? (i.e. only Swedish People can become in line of the throne)?
Bye Bine

Yes, I think that I read here on the forum that only children born in Sweden are in line of the throne.

I wonder if the preganancy was a surprise to one or both of them. In this weeks Hello there is an interview with the couple in which they state they want to just enjoy being a couple and will put off having a child for awhile.

Yes, but I think they said that because they don't want paparazzi/tabloids speculating at every picture of a fuller belly. :)

Yes, but I think they said that because they don't want paparazzi/tabloids speculating at every picture of a fuller belly. :)

LOL Yes, I'd thought the same thing. If I've been in their shoes, that's what I would have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom