The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Now I hope to see the Crown Princely couple announcing they'll have a second child, and Prince Carl Philip becoming engaged to Sofia Hellqvist.
That's absolutely true! I hope so to, it would be a great year for the Royal Family (two babies and a wedding!) I think Victoria will be pregnant again soon, so I hope for two baby bumps at the Nobel Prices.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I was wondering if the King would bestow the title Count or Countess of Bernadotte on the child ?

Then again they parent may not want any titles!

Old 09-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I was wondering if the King would bestow the title Count or Countess of Bernadotte on the child ?

Then again they parent may not want any titles!
I was thinking about Count/Countess O'Neill.

The title of Count/Countess Bernadotte of Wisborg was always bestowed by the Luxembourgish Monarch.

Count of Wisborg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

As far as I know, there aren't any situations that can be compared with this one. Princess Christina is close, but she isn't a HRH like Madeleine. I think that the royal palace is finding solutions as the situations develop - not before they happen.

My personal guess is that the child/children of Madeleine and Chris could be duke/duchesses of some swedish county. Like Carl Philip, who is duke of Värmland. When Madeleine and Jonas were engaged, he was set to become duke of Gästrikland and Hälsingland (like Madeleine), but not prince of Sweden. So you can have a duke/duchess title without being prince/princess.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

CONGRATULATIONS to MADDIE AND CHRIS!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Happy news!

Some others were 'quick' too. Laurent & Claire married in April and Louise was born the next January, same with Grace & Rainier and Caroline.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Nobility

I'm so surprised by this! It will be interesting to see how they handle media interest in the pregnancy while they are living in New York. I am also surprised by the timing of the announcement. King Carl Gustaf's Ruby Jubilee is just two weeks away and I think that they would have kept this quiet until after the Jubilee if they could. She might be further along than they are admitting.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
I'm so surprised by this! It will be interesting to see how they handle media interest in the pregnancy while they are living in New York. I am also surprised by the timing of the announcement. King Carl Gustaf's Ruby Jubilee is just two weeks away and I think that they would have kept this quiet until after the Jubilee if they could. She might be further along than they are admitting.

She might be further along than they are admitting? ... Not necessarily.

Maybe there's another announcement to be made somewhen in the near future. I'm thinking of her brother of course ...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
She might be further along than they are admitting? ... Not necessarily.

Maybe there's another announcement to be made somewhen in the near future. I'm thinking of her brother of course ...
or perhaps another pregnancy.....victoria and daniel have been acting all lovey dovey lately
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Well...This isn't the pregnancy announcement from the SRF I was expecting this Fall, but I'll gladly take it!!

Such lovely news to learn. Congratulations to the Parents to Be and the entire Family!! I can't wait to see Estelle w/this little one. It's going to be so much fun watching these two cousins grow up.

Wonderful, wonderful news!!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Well...This isn't the pregnancy announcement from the SRF I was expecting this Fall, but I'll gladly take it!!
Maybe this will not be the only pregnancy announcement from the Swedish Royal Family we'll see this fall.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

It makes me think...Madeleine and Chris will celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary with a baby in their arms, how sweet is that!!!

My mom said she was probably pregnant already at her wedding, and maybe she didn't know yet (explaining the smoking). It's possible actually, since royal pregnancy annoucements are made around 4 months/16 weeks, but she can pull a Victoria and announced it earlier because her belly is already showing. OR...Victoria is already pregnant and they don't want to clash both pregnancy annoucements at the same time, explaning the sudden pregnancy annoucement of Madeleine. Please let the last be true (however I fear that I'm wrong since Victoria has been sporting a quite flat tummy lately)
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

Well, they certainly wasted no time on this.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Gentry

Wasn't Caroline born 9 months to the day after Ranier and Grace were married?

Madeleine and Chris will make a beautiful baby!
Old 09-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Good for them that they want to start a family quickly. Congrats to the happy couple and the soon-to-be grandparents.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
or perhaps another pregnancy.....victoria and daniel have been acting all lovey dovey lately
That was my thinking, too...(a wishful one maybe!)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post

Madeleine and Chris will make a beautiful baby!
I agree! I can't wait to see the baby.

I know this has already been posted somewhere else but these are the first pictures of Princess Madeleine after the announcement: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article17403275.ab
Old 09-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Nobility

obama sent his greetings to the madeleine and chris
-On behalf of the President and the American people, we want to congratulate Princess Madeleine and Mr. O'Neill to the pending birth, said Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House.
www.expressen.se/nyheter/obamas-halsning-till-madeleine-och-chris/ - Translator
Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

They did not hang around, did they? Congratulations to Madeleine and Chris. They announced this very soon, considering she is not due until March. That makes her roughly 8ish weeks.

As if the Obama's congratulated them! That's pretty cool.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Maybe this will not be the only pregnancy announcement from the Swedish Royal Family we'll see this fall.
Hoping for that to happen too! Would be great to have two baby bumps at the Nobel prices.

Tags
chris o'neill, pregnancy, pregnant, princess madeleine