Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Expecting First Child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what about the duchy of Uppland? It is near Gästrikland and could also be a possibility!

I'm on team Uppland as well. I'm quite certain that Dalarna will go to Carl Philip's firstborn and I think that Medelpad is too small and it speaks against that it has never been a royal duchy. I think a future child of Victoria and Daniel will get Halland or Småland.

Does this mean she has had the baby then? What is the latest?

Oh o.k. I got a little excited there. Darn. Thanks.

Swedish gossip press this week:

Hänt Extra "Concern grows Madeleine's panic before delivery"
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna writes that Madeleine and Chris have booked the luxurious New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell hospital for their delivery, but Madeleine herself was born home at the Drottningholm Palace. Victoria was born at the Karolinska Hospital, and she and Daniel chose it also for Estelle. Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning, that the staff of the hospital have told that Victoria was very determined that she wanted to be treated like all the mothers and got cheese sandwiches and tea after Estelle was born.
Madeleine, så var din egen födsel! Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Last week Svensk Damtidning speculated that Chris would have bought a "push-present" for Madeleine, this present is very important in USA and international circles.

Last edited:
Last week Svensk Damtidning speculated that Chris would have bought a "push-present" for Madeleine, this present is very important in USA and international circles.

it remains to be seen if she pushes or if she is 'too posh to push', its quite common to have a scheduled c-section these days.

The court has put more information about the birth of Madeleine's child to their website.
Information on the occasion of a royal birth - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall says according to their sources queen Silvia will go to New York to be with Madeleine and Chris when the baby will be born. The king will attend at the cabinet meeting and tell to the government the name and title. The queen will of course not attend at Te Deum which is held in couple of weeks after the birth.
Hovet avslöjar allt om Maddes förlossning Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Aftonbladet's royal blogger and expert Roger Lundgren thinks that the Statement of witness will now be done by the Ambassador of Sweden in USA.
Madeleine's baby will become HRH Princess X of Sweden, Duchess of X. About Te Deum he says that it is also an old tradition. Will be exciting to see which of the family who will be a part of it because he expects that The Queen will be in the United States and support the princess when she will give birth.
Mer info gällande Madeleines baby « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren

Last edited:
Swedish gossip press this week:

Hänt Extra "Concern grows Madeleine's panic before delivery"
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna writes that Madeleine and Chris have booked the luxurious New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell hospital for their delivery, but Madeleine herself was born home at the Drottningholm Palace. Victoria was born at the Karolinska Hospital, and she and Daniel chose it also for Estelle. Stoppa pressarna quotes Svensk Damtidning, that the staff of the hospital have told that Victoria was very determined that she wanted to be treated like all the mothers and got cheese sandwiches and tea after Estelle was born.
Madeleine, så var din egen födsel! Stoppa Pressarna
Translation

Why not a tiara/necklace, it can the be given to the little princess, it seems there will be a title

a push present? i never heard of that. :) sounds fun. so what are common push presents then? a piece of jewelery? something for the baby? or maybe there´s no rules and it's just something the mother wants?

i can't wait to hear about the birth and get to know the name of the baby, and whether she will receive a title.

i didn't know madeleine was born at the palace. how interesting, considering victoria was born in the hospital. is there any obvious reason for the king and queen to change their minds? personal preference maybe, but considering victoria was the heir they preferred to deliver her at hospital?

"Push presents" are not an important tradition here and that term is mostly a silly tabloid concept.

Yes, it makes sense for a woman to get a gift celebrating the birth of a new child, and that's perfectly nice, but the moniker has always irritated me a bit.

"Push presents" are not an important tradition here and that term is mostly a silly tabloid concept.

Yes, it makes sense for a woman to get a gift celebrating the birth of a new child, and that's perfectly nice, but the moniker has always irritated me a bit.

Agreed. Not American at least not on my side. Nice idea though but could do with a different "name".

I am glad that they decided to have the baby in NYC--the weather this year has been anything but predictable. With the unpredictability of babies along with the crazy weather we are having on this side of the pond right now--another big storm heading their way this weekend. At least Chris is going to be on the same side of the ocean when the time comes. Would have been awful if he couldn't have made it to Sweden in time for the birth due to "Mother Nature".

I think queen Silvia will fly to New York to be there for M&C for the birth.

Her calendar shows no engagements between Feb 16 and March 13.

Also Victoria's calendar is freed up for quite a number of days.

These are exciting times!

I know many a person who is insistent on a "push prezzie." Al of them fit the same mold: high maintenance, and usually demanded of husbands/partners who don't have Chris' money.

It's not a "tradition" here. It's more a "Real Housewives" concept.

she looks lovely on that picutre I adore her knitted coat

There is nothing wrong with a husband buying his wife something for the birth of their baby. My friend from Italy has gotten amazing jewels from her husband mother and mother in law for her 3 children. She said its very common there also.

Expressen's Johan T Lindwall says according to their sources queen Silvia will go to New York to be with Madeleine and Chris when the baby will be born. The king will attend at the cabinet meeting and tell to the government the name and title. The queen will of course not attend at Te Deum which is held in couple of weeks after the birth.
Hovet avslöjar allt om Maddes förlossning Nyheter Expressen Senaste nytt - Nyheter Sport Nöje TV
Translation

Aftonbladet's royal blogger and expert Roger Lundgren thinks that the Statement of witness will now be done by the Ambassador of Sweden in USA.
Madeleine's baby will become HRH Princess X of Sweden, Duchess of X. About Te Deum he says that it is also an old tradition. Will be exciting to see which of the family who will be a part of it because he expects that The Queen will be in the United States and support the princess when she will give birth.
Mer info gällande Madeleines baby « KUNGLIGT – bakom kulissen med Roger Lundgren[/QUOTE]

I think that this whole pomp and circumstances, after the Princess is giving birth overseas, feels a bit out of place and might raise once again many negative comments.

Last edited:
So it's confirmed now that the baby will have a title? Or I should say "titles," since she'll be a princess and a duchess.

:previous:Yes, I had the same question. The royal website simply says the king will announce the names and titles.
PS I received jewelry on the birth of each of our sons, but that awful name hadn't been coined yet. It certainly isn't a "tradition" here, just another excuse to give a gift, like Valentines Day.

We, for example, didn't exchange jewelry gifts when we got married (besdes rings!) which apparently is a bridal tradition.

Last edited:
The name push present was made up for some actress who had a baby and received expensive jewelry the name stuck.

There are speculations in swedish media today that the King, the Crown Princess, Daniel and Estelle will travel to New York too

The queen told go Aftonbladet that she is going to USA and wants to be there when the child will be born: It is so exciting! Cross your fingers! The baby is due on 25th but one never knows if the queen will get there in time, it is only the baby who decides. Aftonbladet's royal expert Roger Lundgren thinks that both the queen and king will go to USA since their calendar is quite empty. But the king didn't want to comment about the future birth.
Silvia åker till New York inför födseln Nyheter Aftonbladet

The queen told go Aftonbladet that she is going to USA and wants to be there when the child will be born: It is so exciting! Cross your fingers! The baby is due on 25th but one never knows if the queen will get there in time, it is only the baby who decides. Aftonbladet's royal expert Roger Lundgren thinks that both the queen and king will go to USA since their calendar is quite empty. But the king didn't want to comment about the future birth.
Silvia åker till New York inför födseln Nyheter Aftonbladet

Well, with this spate of non-stop winter weather the East Coast has been experiencing, I hope any of the Royal Family who's coming to New York will get here in time for the birth. Let's see, they're predicting milder temperatures for next week, so that might be a good window of opportunity for travel! :D

Who knows Madeleine's baby may not be born until early March? It is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom