Engagement of Princess Madeleine and Jonas Bergström: August 11, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very happy for them both. I had a feeling that after Victoria got engaged, her younger siblings would follow suit. Maybe they were waiting because she is the oldest.

Either way, that's another royal wedding I can't wait to see!

BTW, I don't think Madeleine looked too old - I thought she looked lovely. The dress is a beautiful shade of peach and while she's always been tan, it didn't look too overdone here.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news. Congratulations Madeleine and Jonas. :twohearts:

@starnightsky: Jonas is a lawyer in Stockholm (he graduated university in 2006 I think)

Btw, it's really sad that Carl Philip and Emma broke up in march. It would have been nice to speculate about a third royal engagement in another 6 month. ;-)

IMO, CP and Emma never seemed to have that much chemistry. I can't explain it, but whenever she was with Carl Philip, it was like she was just "there"...they never seemed lovey-dovey or anything.

In any case, great to hear about Madeline and Jonas.:flowers:

IMO, CP and Emma never seemed to have that much chemistry. I can't explain it, but whenever she was with Carl Philip, it was like she was just "there"...they never seemed lovey-dovey or anything.

Well to be more than 4 years with someone I think one important thing to have is chemistry. If you mean in public apperances maybe they were more discrete than Madeleine and Jonas. I wonder what Emma has said about those engagements, I mean, CP is soooooo good looking, wonder why did they break up.

I'm glad both these princesses finally announced their engagements. Victoria seems so very happy and Daniel seems like he is well suited for Victoria. I think that Madeleine and Jonas are the most attractive couple - can't wait to see what their children look like when they grow up! They've got a pretty good gene pool to spring from.

Apparently I missed it and cannot find any information about the title Jonas will get at the time he marries Princess Madeleine.
Does anyone have any details?

Duke of Hälsingland and Gästrikland – and his "empire" encloses even Daniel's native country Ockelbo.

Thanks a million......Isn't this the title Princess Madeleine was given when she was born?
I suppose Daniel will be a subject of Jonas in some sort of a strange way.

yes, that is also her title.

will he continue to work after the wedding as a lawyer?

yes, that is also her title.

will he continue to work after the wedding as a lawyer?
I believe yes! At least this is what I read in a magazine. I have no idea if there has been an official confirmation by the Royal Court.

Well, even if he has Madeleine's duchy title after the wedding, I don't really think that he will have many official duties! He will be attending some events with Madeleine in their dukedom as well as official banquets and events such as the Nobel Awards, but I believe that's all!

Daniel will have a lot of work to do in his new role!

During the engagement interview, he said that he would continue his job, so would Madeleine with the childhood foundation

Greek site Zougla said :Madeleine or Victoria of Sweden will get married in Pafos Cyprus this Friday in civil ceremony..They don't know how princess is yet but people from the royal family will go there today...does anyone something about that??

Civil marriage in Pafos

Zougla online
Phileleftheros provide daily news in Cyprus & Greece daily news, sports, events, Cyprus Xak, culture Cyprus, TV p - Ειδήσεις this is from Cyprus..i don't know if this site has english translation...
it's Greek site,i don't know if we can find it in English..

I will try to translate a summery for you
One of th daughters of the Swedish King will get married this Friday afternoon in Pafos. The wedding will be civil. Today representatives of the royal family will visit the town hall to arrange all the details.
The name of the princess is kept secret.

:previous: That is one of the wildest things I have seen yet!

First, the Swedish King has only two engaged daughters, one who is the heir and already picked her date, so naturally Victoria is out.

And by all means, not to offend any one from Greece (I have yet to visit but I heard it is a BEAUTIFUL country) why would Madeline (after announcing her engagement in Sweden to such fanfare) decide to get married in Greece?

Where do some of these magazines/newspapers get these stories from?

Pafos is in Cyprus not Greece...i think phileleftheros newspaper isn't tabloit. They have imformation from the major i think becauce he will marry them...i think the princess is Madeleine because Victoria is the crown princess.It's not normal to get marry in Cyprus...

That would be quite an astonishing development, if true.

The princess in question is definitely not Victoria - her wedding date is already set: it will hardly be a small family affair and will most definitely take place in Sweden.
And I can't believe it is Madeline either: not only do I doubt Madeline would marry before Victoria, I also can't think of any reason (any reason that wouldn't be a ‘speculation’ or ‘hearsay’, at least) why she would choose Cyprus as the location of her marriage. I don't think the Swedish people would be particularly impressed by the decision either.

Maybe this is some kind of an hoax or a very belated April Fool’s joke? :ermm:

Last edited:
Well..thank you for the correction.

Still, it stands to reason....why would Madeline not get married in Sweden?

:previous:

I suppose if Madeline and Jonas really wanted a very, very private and small wedding, it would make sense to get married somewhere outside Sweden, preferably somewhere with no or few paparazzi.
This said, the Cyprus wedding story still doesn't sound remotely plausible to me. :ermm:

Last edited:
i agree with you..propably they want their 'first' wedding be only with their families and close friends...their religious wedding will be very royalty in Sweden...i think they visited Cyprus and they desided to get married there as normal people...i think it's not april's fool because..i hope to find some pictures for the wedding...10-11 september crown princess will be in Athens,so she will go in Pafos for the wedding after she finish her job in Greece....we will see soon...

I heard about the "upcoming" wedding as well.Does anyone suspect an unexpected pregnancy,in case the whole story is true?

Strikes me as utter nonsense.

I don't think Madeleine is pregnant..Propably they want to get married far away from paparazzi and newspapers in very nice place like Pafos...their wedding will be secret for a while and some days after the wedding the royal family will talk about the event...Madeleine isn't the heir so propably she wants to live like a normal people and get married her love without 500 gests...just a normal girl...

I don't think Madeleine is pregnant..Propably they want to get married far away from paparazzi and newspapers in very nice place like Pafos...their wedding will be secret for a while and some days after the wedding the royal family will talk about the event...Madeleine isn't the heir so propably she wants to live like a normal people and get married her love without 500 gests...just a normal girl...

First of all,it's the first time I hear the wedding will(?) take place on an island far away from Sweden.But what does this mean?That Madeleine loves this place that much,that wants to get married now,without caring about waiting for Victoria to get married first?I don't know,I'm just saying that-again,IF the story is true-there's got to be something more here.I guess we'll find out soon.

So the article claims that family members are on their way to prepare this very romantic island wedding?
They will have to split themselves in two, then... The King, Queen and Crown Princess have a very full schedule of engagements for the next two weeks.
But wait, probably their look-alikes are performing the engagements, while the originals go as emergency wedding planners to the Mediterrean! :ROFLMAO:

The weirdest story from a dubious source is being spread all over the internet here, which - as I experienced today - does not comply with the TRF rules.

:previous: That is one of the wildest things I have seen yet!

First, the Swedish King has only two engaged daughters, one who is the heir and already picked her date, so naturally Victoria is out.

And by all means, not to offend any one from Greece (I have yet to visit but I heard it is a BEAUTIFUL country) why would Madeline (after announcing her engagement in Sweden to such fanfare) decide to get married in Greece?

Where do some of these magazines/newspapers get these stories from?

A greek wedding would certainly be different. But i very very much doubt that she is getting married in Greece or that she is pregnant. And I believe the ridiculous was only invented for Kate and William. :lol:

Cyprus hit by Swedish royal wedding rumours - The Local

The newspaper in Cyprus, Phileleftheros, reported on Wednesday that the wedding of one of the daughters of the Swedish king is to take place on the Mediterranean island this Friday, a claim rejected by Princess Madeleine's secretary Anita Söderlind. "That's not the case," she told The Local.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom