The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christening of Princess Leonore; June 8, 2014

The christening will be on June 8th at Royal Chapel in Drottningholm Palace

H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore döps i Drottningholms slottskyrka den 8 juni 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 04-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
The christening will be on June 8th at Royal Chapel in Drottningholm Palace

H.K.H. Prinsessan Leonore döps i Drottningholms slottskyrka den 8 juni 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
The press release in english. Interesting that the christening is on Sunday, when Estelle's was on Tuesday. The royal experts thought it would be at the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace, but it is at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm.
H.R.H. Princess Leonore will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on June 8, 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The press release in english. Interesting that the christening is on Sunday, when Estelle's was on Tuesday. The royal experts thought it would be at the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace, but it is at the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm.
H.R.H. Princess Leonore will be christened in the Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace on June 8, 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
I know it would be on their first wedding anniversary....
Old 04-16-2014, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Chapel at Drottningholm Palace is small, it has places for about 150 people.
Expressen writes that Madeleine makes history with this exceptional choice of Chapel. Madeleine, Carl Philip and Victoria were all christened at the Royal Chapel at the Royal Palace. Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department tells that 160 guests will be invited to the christening and the invitations will be sent after Easter. Drottningholm is close to Madeleine's heart. The royal family has been looking for the date and decided that 8th June is the best and then Madeleine and Chris can attend at the National Day celebration too. Thorgren says that it is possible that the christening will be shown on TV, the decision hasn't been made yet
She says she knows nothing about the godparents.
Madde skriver kungahistoria | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 04-16-2014, 08:06 AM
Gentry

Can't wait to see them
Old 04-16-2014, 10:25 AM
Majesty

Can't wait for the ceremony. Hopefully it will be televised.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

I like the fact that they chose a meaningful date. Well done!
Old 04-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I think they wanted the specific date, and the day of the week did not matter.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill to baptise their daughter Leonore in June - hellomagazine.com
Old 04-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Margareta Thorgren, the Director of the Press Department, the christening will be at 12.00, there will be a reception after the ceremony and a private lunch.
Prinsessan Leonore döps i juni Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 04-18-2014, 02:17 AM
Nobility

Oh! I can't wait this christening...
I'm so looking forward to see little Estelle with baby Leonore
Old 04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Nobility

New info about the Baptism
www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/pressmeddelanden/2014pressmeddelanden/informationkringprinsessanleonoresdop.5.44b9de9714527ae8f1da7ba.html - Translator
The Christening will take place at noon on June 8 by Archbisop Anders Wejyrd
The invitations were sent on April 23rd and 160 guests were invited including the immediate families,representatives from the government and parliament. All the guests will be invited for a reception after the service but only 100 of them will be invited for the Kings private lunch . The princess will be baptized in the Bernadotte christening gown which was also worn by princess Estelle and the water will come from a source from oland. Princess leonore will have 6 godparents which will be announced on the day of the christening
Old 04-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the updates, Baron Brockdorf. So there will be six godparents. IIRC, Estelle had five. Can't wait to find out who they'll be! I find it interesting that Leonore won't be christened using water from the River Jordan, which I thought was customary for all royal children. I wonder if Leonore will wear the sash of the Order of the Seraphim like Estelle and Carl Gustaf did before her? Kungahuset didn't mention anything about it in the announcement.

Looking forward to this! I love how it's on Madeleine and Chris's wedding anniversary.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The most Rev.Anders Wejryd is the current Archbishop of Uppsala?
Old 04-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Nobility

Yes he is the Archbishop of Uppsala.
The King and Queen started a new tradition in Sweden that the water for royal baptisms will be brought from oland. I don't know whether or not The Princess will be awarded the Order of the Seraphim but I presume so it's been that way for a long time(except when there was a temporary change in laws which said that only the king and queen could have national orders at the times of Victorias and Carl Philips birth that's why they received the seraphim on their 18th birthday but the law had changed by then too making the Royal family the only Swedish citizens able to receive Swedish orders)
Old 04-25-2014, 12:20 PM
Gentry

Yes Anders Wejryd is archbishop of Uppsala until the 15th of June when he'll hand over office to the current bishop of Lund Antje Jackelén. She'll be the first female archbishop of Uppsala.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

She's going to have six godparents, that's one more than I'd expected.

May I ask why the Potential names and godparents... thread has been closed? The godparents haven't been revealed yet, it seems only logical for it to be open till the day of the christening when they're revealed.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Estelle only had 5 godparents didn't she?
Old 04-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe it was decided so because Chris has many sisters (and Daniel has only one) and some his nephews are adult already - and Leonore's parents want to include somebody from every branch of the family?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Yes Anders Wejryd is archbishop of Uppsala until the 15th of June when he'll hand over office to the current bishop of Lund Antje Jackelén. She'll be the first female archbishop of Uppsala.
Thanks, I had read there was a female Archbishop elect .The Christening will be then one of his last official acts as Primate of Sweden.