The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philippe of Belgium and Prince Felipe of Spain during the first Olymic hockey match between Spain and Belgium

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9990886.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9990852.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9991249.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9991243.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9991236.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9991233.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9991228.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9990919.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9992742.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...ev/9992728.jpg

Old 08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Courtier

Better quality pictures at these sites:

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/

royals.web-log.nl

Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Hands down, the best perk of being royal is attending the Olympics!!!!! But it's killing me to know that when I watched it on tv and the camera pans to the Bushes, that there are royals sitting behind them or in front of them that I'd rather see but never will! Fortunately he left today, but I don't think that any royals will make it onto the US broadcasts.
That really gets to me also. A young friend of the family works for TV studio in NY and after asking him about this exact thing, he laughed and said that studios took a survey and 90% stated that they didn't care who sat in the stands -- only wanted to see the sports. Didn't even want a lot of "personal" history of the athletes this time. Has all been written in local newspapers. That is why there is only small spots of certain athletes this year instead of indepth coverage about their training and home life. CNBC is picking up all the major heats of all countries for tons of hours in addition to the regular NBC coverage. Apparently most people could care less about the ROYALS; unlike us on the Forum that enjoys seeing and reading about them. I guess the "powers that be" went with the majority------Shame.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Royal at the the Equestrian event with her husband Tim Lawrence, her son Peter Phillips, daughter-in-law Autumn Phillips and Lord Sebastian Coe.
APA-Picturedesk
Anne wears shorts!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
That really gets to me also. A young friend of the family works for TV studio in NY and after asking him about this exact thing, he laughed and said that studios took a survey and 90% stated that they didn't care who sat in the stands -- only wanted to see the sports. Didn't even want a lot of "personal" history of the athletes this time. Has all been written in local newspapers. That is why there is only small spots of certain athletes this year instead of indepth coverage about their training and home life. CNBC is picking up all the major heats of all countries for tons of hours in addition to the regular NBC coverage. Apparently most people could care less about the ROYALS; unlike us on the Forum that enjoys seeing and reading about them. I guess the "powers that be" went with the majority------Shame.
I have to agree Winnie. While I'd loved to have NBC show the Royals cheering on their respective teams as they entered the stadium, I believe that most American viewers would have been less than interested. The only royals I've ever seen featured at an Olympic event are those acting as Head of State like Kings Harald and Juan-Carlos openning the Games. Royals who are participating in the games Anne, Albert, Felipe and Christina. During the Turin Winter Games, there was a short piece that focused on the Dutch speed skating fans and they briefly interviewed W-A. Otherwise, they are not in view.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Serene Highness

i would have bet good $$$ princess anne didn't own a pair of shorts!!!! great find ladyfinn. the princess royal has been exceptionally well dressed this trip, she's looked good in every photo i've seen.
i'm afraid most American viewers when they showed a shot of the royals, didn't know who they were, thank goodness for the forum or i'd never know they were there :(
i must say all the couples look to be having a grand, romantic time, it's fun to see them having so much fun, i keep getting this goofy grin on my face Thanks to everybody for the links.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Commoner

Some more pics of WA and Maxima from today (not posted yet):
Reception in the HHH House:
Fotografie Leo Vogelzang

Watching Water Polo:
Fotografie Leo Vogelzang
Old 08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

It's nice to see how the royals support the sportsmen and sportswomen of their country.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hands down, the best perk of being royal is attending the Olympics!!!!! But it's killing me to know that when I watched it on tv and the camera pans to the Bushes, that there are royals sitting behind them or in front of them that I'd rather see but never will! Fortunately he left today, but I don't think that any royals will make it onto the US broadcasts.
I agree with you! It has been so frustrating watching the American coverage of the Olympics. I read all of the posts on this board from other members in various parts of the world who have seen royals on their coverage of the Olympics, but all we see are the Bushes.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

King Harald and Queen Sonja have been doing the rounds with the Norwegian athletes - visiting the village today, and waited extra long to meet the Handball team.

But they also met one of the sand volleyball teams, and one of the players who was a bit nervous, ended up asking Queen Sonja if she had fallen for Harald because he had participated in the Olympics. Both the king and queen burst out laughing. Muntert møte med kongeparet - Rogaland - NRK Nyheter
Old 08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duke Henri, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, Prince Sebastien and Princess Alexandra attend a swimming contest today
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
Old 08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Smile

lovely photos of PMaxima and WA
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Majesty

PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/S.Chamid/
Old 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

olycom gallery with many royals
Olycom - News
Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
I don't think you can find a more enthusiastic CP pair than WA and Maxima. Also, I don't think you can find a more cheerful crowd than the athletes at the Dutch Pavillionl
Old 08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Fotografie Leo Vogelzang

WA and Maxima are celebrating the silver medal of Deborah Gravenstijn in the Holland House.

http://www.fotoleovogelzang.nl/show....j%20het%20judo

(Leo Vogelzang)
Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyne View Post
Fotografie Leo Vogelzang

WA and Maxima are celebrating the silver medal of Deborah Gravenstijn in the Holland House.

Fotografie Leo Vogelzang

(Leo Vogelzang)
Of all of the photos I have seen of the royals attending the Olympics, WA and Maxima look like they are enjoying themselves the most. They truly look like they are loving every minute of the games.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
You are absolutely correct. Also competitions where the US athletes are not favourites to win are not being telecast in the US. unless one stays up at 3am to watch some channel on direct TV or whatever.
I was so upset to hear the opening ceremonies were transmitted to Greece for 4 houres with no interruptions!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

NOS | Olympische Spelen 2008

Here is a video of Maxima in the Holland House. (with bronze medal winner Ruben Houkes)
Old 08-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Nobility

I love how W-A is dressed in orange (and really BRIGHT) at every turn. Good for him!

Tags
beijing 2008, olympic games, olympics, summer olympics