The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress is even prettier when she's walking!

Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Serene Highness

The Elie Saab Facebook page has pictures up

Elie Saab | Facebook

Old 10-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
What a beautiful fairytale dress. Wish she'd worn the tiara/veil a little more forward, but a very lovely bride.
Agree. The tiara needed to be placed closer. On the other hand I am not sure about the dress. I can not decide if the embroidery is too much/old or is just pretty.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Courtier

After having seen the photos with Stephanie during civil wedding, gala reception and today's one I can have only one comment- SHE'S WAS BORN TO BECOME A PRINCESS!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Stephanie looked gorgeous on all three days I love her wedding gown.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the dress is quite lovely.

(At first I thought it a bit too much, but considering her position, I think it's the right choice!)
Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes the dress is pure perfection... this is going straight to the best royal wedding gowns' list, BUT am I the only one finding it disturbing how much the wedding dress is identical to the one from the pre-wedding banquet?
I, for one, would have chosen a different designer for last night... not to mention that her mother in law was wearing a similar gown too.
Sorry, but this dress deserved no competition.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Courtier

A beautiful dress for a beautiful bride! Elie Saabs' dress ticks all the boxes for a royal wedding dress! I don't know what it is with his gowns, but the secret seems to lie in the texture of the material and in the embroidery. What I've noticed so far is that his dresses appear relatively simple, but 'body conscious' in the design and let the fabric 'do the talking'!
As beautiful as his dresses are, they're not for the fuller figure.

Princess Stephanies dress is already fighting for place in my personal top 3 of royal wedding gowns!

viv
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Commoner

She looked truly beautiful.I do think the colour could have been a tiny bit brighter but otherwise perfection.Lovely back view as well.

It looked completely timeless as fairytale princess but not in a disney way
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Courtier

Have you guys seen THAT dress ???!!! Elie Saab rules. This is not just a dress, this is really haute couture. She looked soo beautiful in it words fail me right now. This is hands down one of the best royal wedding dresses I have ever seen.

Am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the white-gold necklace ?? Couldn't make it out properly.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Simply stunning! This was a gown made for a princess and a woman born to be one!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Best wedding dress in a long time. It encapsulates regal and fairytale with demure elegance in one dress. Well done Elie Saab.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Royal Highness

i really like the wedding dress, its so fairytail like, Elie Saab cant go wrong!
but i agree with those who said the dress was similiar to the gala dress and the tiara could be a bit more closer. other than that, i was without words!

i really LOVE her bouquet, so pretty!!!!!! and i cant wait to see her shoes^^
Old 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Nobility

The Royal Couturier post about Princess stephanie's wedding gown HERE
Old 10-20-2012, 10:13 AM

I am also in the agreement that Stephanie's wedding dress is one of the - or even THE - most beautiful royal wedding gown ever. I am a sucker for Elie Saab, but you cannot go wrong with him.

Take a back seat Catherine and Mette-Marit!

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but it is sad to know that Stephanie's wedding gown won't get the attention it deserves, at least in America. Few had ever heard of Luxembourg, so why bother? It's a shame because the media here will still praise Catherine's dress - which I have been increasingly seeing as a copy of Grace Kelly's.

OK, enough of me being negative. That dress was beautiful! I look forward to seeing Stephanie's style in the coming years! Maybe she'll finally put Luxembourg on the map!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: The Luxembourg Royal Wedding: The Bride and Bridal Party

I LOVE the dress! This is now a favorite! The details of the dress are absolutely exquisite. It's beautiful in detail and movement. The dip in the back, the embroidery on her veil, that wonderful train, the fabric, the details, all make it into a fairy tale wedding dress. Love that she wore her family tiara. Elie Saab did a great job. It's regal, elegant, unique, romantic, and simply an amazing wedding dress!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Fantastic picture of the veil and hair; http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...9_964x1245.jpg

Other wonderful pictures in the DM article, Prince Guillaume marries Countess Stephanie de Lannoy in Luxembourg | Mail Online

Cannot stress enough how much I want this to be my wedding dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Am I correct in assuming Stéphanie wore her mothers ring on the white-gold necklace ?? Couldn't make it out properly.
She wore her mothers engagement ring on her third finger on her left hand. Wore her engagement ring on her ring finger on her right hand.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

It´s Elie Saab, nothing more to say. I love each piece of the dress. I was quite surprised to see such a low cut in the back for a catholic wedding, but it looked amazing, indeed.
I think I would have apreciate it more if it wasn´t so similar to the gown from yesterday, but the more I see of it, the more I like it.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 10-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

What an enchanting gown! It's gorgeous, and the embroidery is beautiful.....like autumnal leaves cascading and sweeping down on the breeze.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Courtier

Mett's hair piece is not great wish she had worn a hat.

Tags
countess, countess stéphanie, dress, guillaume, hereditary grand duke, lannoy, luxembourg, prince, stephanie, wedding, wedding dress