The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1281  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
I've heard of 10-month pregnancies, but I never quite believed things were calculated correctly in those cases. I also don't believe 21st century doctors are keen to test that theory out.

That said, what the heck, put me down for June 2nd.
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1282  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NN, Lithuania
Posts: 1,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I've heard of 10-month pregnancies, but I never quite believed things were calculated correctly in those cases. I also don't believe 21st century doctors are keen to test that theory out.

That said, what the heck, put me down for June 2nd.
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies, 10-moon-month pregnancies.
__________________

  #1283  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,452
Well, going forward, IF the Cambridges have more children, both will be far less likely to drop even a vague mention of a broad due date period. I imagine the press office has also learned a lesson or two about the nature of leaking this info.
Future comments may run to "Don't ask ME about the due date - I always get it wrong" or "We have quit predicting arrivals, as we almost lost Anmer with betting on the last baby."
I frankly feel badly for the Cambridges - who I am sure are living through all the same things my friends with late babies lived through - with the added bonus of the focus of an entire Kingdom. It isn't the end of the world, but time does seem to slow down, you answer the same caring question too many times, you visit the doctor with high hopes, etc.
And then, the baby comes and all the wait is forgotten, happy days and all is new for the family.
Happy, healthy wishes!
__________________
A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bob_dylan.html
  #1284  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Kellin's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South, Russia
Posts: 175
Quote:
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies
i have read somewhere about the longest pregnancy - a year long.
In 1945, for example, Beulah Hunter who was 25 at the time gave birth after a pregnancy lasting 375 days, which is slightly over a year and almost 100 days more than the average human gestational period. The length of the pregnancy was confirmed by examining her pregnancy test and menstrual cycle. Doctors feel that the long pregnancy was because the child developed extremely slowly in the womb when compared to the average child but despite this, Hunter’s daughter, named Penny Diana was healthy and normal at birth.

Maybe this baby Cambridge is also a bit slow developer?
  #1285  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:39 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies, 10-moon-month pregnancies.
Yes, but I, and most people on the planet, go by the solar month.

Also, I agree that it's maddening for a mother to enter her fourth trimester (I speak from personal experience), and having everybody watch you like you are a time bomb, just waiting for you to explode.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1286  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Sun Lion's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 998
There's a bit of a party happening down at the Lindo Wing - fake Grenadier Guards and giant-size teddy bears have turned up.

How will the Royal entourage get through when the time comes!
  #1287  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:45 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
There's a bit of a party happening down at the Lindo Wing - fake Grenadier Guards and giant-size teddy bears have turned up.

How will the Royal entourage get through when the time comes!
So much for the non-circus atmosphere they were trying to create this time.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1288  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,695
At this point I predict she wil go into labour on the 4th... (it is full moon). Only in case of problems with the baby doctors are going to induce earlier... So, I guess we all have nothing to see for the next couple of days
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1289  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,957
That is right the fourth is the full moon!
  #1290  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
That is right the fourth is the full moon!
Yeah, she did go in labour on a full moon day with George, so who knows? But if something is wrong with the baby (hope not) she might have a induction or cesarean section earlier... Think about if the baby is too big! George was quite hefty, and he was only few days overdue!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1291  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Royal baby live: Latest as fans camped outside Lindo Wing await news of arrival
Article

Royal baby wait live: Speculation grows that today is the day
Article
__________________
  #1292  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Princess Mara's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United States, United States
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
i have read somewhere about the longest pregnancy - a year long.
In 1945, for example, Beulah Hunter who was 25 at the time gave birth after a pregnancy lasting 375 days, which is slightly over a year and almost 100 days more than the average human gestational period. The length of the pregnancy was confirmed by examining her pregnancy test and menstrual cycle. Doctors feel that the long pregnancy was because the child developed extremely slowly in the womb when compared to the average child but despite this, Hunterís daughter, named Penny Diana was healthy and normal at birth.

Maybe this baby Cambridge is also a bit slow developer?
This baby is a Taurus, no surprise, they like to take their time!
__________________

  #1293  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Princess Mara's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United States, United States
Posts: 38
I never thought we'd get into May.....but, it would be nice if said baby came on my birthday today, or tomorrow on my son's birthday. We could carry the celebrations on into the weekend!
Seriously though, Catherine has to be miserable at this point. I really hope this is over for her soon. Those of you that remember being 9 months and over and counting.... the sleepless nights trying to get comfortable, huffing and puffing because it's hard to get a good deep breath, the crankiness, having to pee every 5 minutes, and not being able to eat more than a bite every few hours because your tummy has been pushed so far up. I really feel for her, bless her heart.
__________________

  #1294  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Never been pregnant so forgive the potentially Silly question, but depending on how far over her due date she is, can't she request to be induced?

Tomorrow is the start of the Tour de Yorkshire so that would be a fantastic day to be born!
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #1295  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
I never thought we'd get into May.....but, it would be nice if said baby came on my birthday today, or tomorrow on my son's birthday. We could carry the celebrations on into the weekend!
Seriously though, Catherine has to be miserable at this point. I really hope this is over for her soon. Those of you that remember being 9 months and over and counting.... the sleepless nights trying to get comfortable, huffing and puffing because it's hard to get a good deep breath, the crankiness, having to pee every 5 minutes, and not being able to eat more than a bite every few hours because your tummy has been pushed so far up. I really feel for her, bless her heart.
Very true, none of it can be easy for her. I know she will be relieved when she pops that crumb snatcher out.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #1296  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Princess Mara's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: United States, United States
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
At this point I predict she wil go into labour on the 4th... (it is full moon). Only in case of problems with the baby doctors are going to induce earlier... So, I guess we all have nothing to see for the next couple of days
It would really be something if she had her baby on the full moon. I'd have a laugh over that. Imagine, there might be something to the old Scots-Irish tale after all! I'd like to believe so.
__________________

  #1297  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 775
I think it may be finally happening!
  #1298  
Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
It would really be something if she had her baby on the full moon. I'd have a laugh over that. Imagine, there might be something to the old Scots-Irish tale after all! I'd like to believe so.
Well many women deliver on the full moon day... An the day George was born it was full moon too... So I strongly believe in this "tales"
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #1299  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Never been pregnant so forgive the potentially Silly question, but depending on how far over her due date she is, can't she request to be induced?

Tomorrow is the start of the Tour de Yorkshire so that would be a fantastic day to be born!
Yes she can request if she is full term.

Royal baby: Looks like todayís the day! Police convoy 'seen heading to hospital'
Article
__________________
  #1300  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
The moon controls tides and our bodies are mostly water.The moon does have an effect on our bodies no doubt.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Marie is Pregnant with Second Child: Due January 2012 agami.pearl Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 200 01-24-2012 04:48 AM
Princess Letizia is pregnant with the second girl!!! elenaris King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 511 03-23-2007 07:23 AM
Mabel Pregnant with Second Child liv Prince Friso, Princess Mabel and Family 55 06-18-2006 11:01 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess eugenie fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises