The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've heard of 10-month pregnancies, but I never quite believed things were calculated correctly in those cases. I also don't believe 21st century doctors are keen to test that theory out.

That said, what the heck, put me down for June 2nd.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I've heard of 10-month pregnancies, but I never quite believed things were calculated correctly in those cases. I also don't believe 21st century doctors are keen to test that theory out.

That said, what the heck, put me down for June 2nd.
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies, 10-moon-month pregnancies.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, going forward, IF the Cambridges have more children, both will be far less likely to drop even a vague mention of a broad due date period. I imagine the press office has also learned a lesson or two about the nature of leaking this info.
Future comments may run to "Don't ask ME about the due date - I always get it wrong" or "We have quit predicting arrivals, as we almost lost Anmer with betting on the last baby."
I frankly feel badly for the Cambridges - who I am sure are living through all the same things my friends with late babies lived through - with the added bonus of the focus of an entire Kingdom. It isn't the end of the world, but time does seem to slow down, you answer the same caring question too many times, you visit the doctor with high hopes, etc.
And then, the baby comes and all the wait is forgotten, happy days and all is new for the family.
Happy, healthy wishes!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies
i have read somewhere about the longest pregnancy - a year long.
In 1945, for example, Beulah Hunter who was 25 at the time gave birth after a pregnancy lasting 375 days, which is slightly over a year and almost 100 days more than the average human gestational period. The length of the pregnancy was confirmed by examining her pregnancy test and menstrual cycle. Doctors feel that the long pregnancy was because the child developed extremely slowly in the womb when compared to the average child but despite this, Hunter’s daughter, named Penny Diana was healthy and normal at birth.

Maybe this baby Cambridge is also a bit slow developer?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
All pregnancies are 10-month pregnancies, 10-moon-month pregnancies.
Yes, but I, and most people on the planet, go by the solar month.

Also, I agree that it's maddening for a mother to enter her fourth trimester (I speak from personal experience), and having everybody watch you like you are a time bomb, just waiting for you to explode.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Courtier

There's a bit of a party happening down at the Lindo Wing - fake Grenadier Guards and giant-size teddy bears have turned up.

How will the Royal entourage get through when the time comes!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
There's a bit of a party happening down at the Lindo Wing - fake Grenadier Guards and giant-size teddy bears have turned up.

How will the Royal entourage get through when the time comes!
So much for the non-circus atmosphere they were trying to create this time.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

At this point I predict she wil go into labour on the 4th... (it is full moon). Only in case of problems with the baby doctors are going to induce earlier... So, I guess we all have nothing to see for the next couple of days
Old 05-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent

That is right the fourth is the full moon!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
That is right the fourth is the full moon!
Yeah, she did go in labour on a full moon day with George, so who knows? But if something is wrong with the baby (hope not) she might have a induction or cesarean section earlier... Think about if the baby is too big! George was quite hefty, and he was only few days overdue!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Royal baby live: Latest as fans camped outside Lindo Wing await news of arrival
Article

Royal baby wait live: Speculation grows that today is the day
Article
Old 05-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
i have read somewhere about the longest pregnancy - a year long.
In 1945, for example, Beulah Hunter who was 25 at the time gave birth after a pregnancy lasting 375 days, which is slightly over a year and almost 100 days more than the average human gestational period. The length of the pregnancy was confirmed by examining her pregnancy test and menstrual cycle. Doctors feel that the long pregnancy was because the child developed extremely slowly in the womb when compared to the average child but despite this, Hunterís daughter, named Penny Diana was healthy and normal at birth.

Maybe this baby Cambridge is also a bit slow developer?
This baby is a Taurus, no surprise, they like to take their time!

Old 05-01-2015, 09:43 AM
Commoner

I never thought we'd get into May.....but, it would be nice if said baby came on my birthday today, or tomorrow on my son's birthday. We could carry the celebrations on into the weekend!
Seriously though, Catherine has to be miserable at this point. I really hope this is over for her soon. Those of you that remember being 9 months and over and counting.... the sleepless nights trying to get comfortable, huffing and puffing because it's hard to get a good deep breath, the crankiness, having to pee every 5 minutes, and not being able to eat more than a bite every few hours because your tummy has been pushed so far up. I really feel for her, bless her heart.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Never been pregnant so forgive the potentially Silly question, but depending on how far over her due date she is, can't she request to be induced?

Tomorrow is the start of the Tour de Yorkshire so that would be a fantastic day to be born!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
I never thought we'd get into May.....but, it would be nice if said baby came on my birthday today, or tomorrow on my son's birthday. We could carry the celebrations on into the weekend!
Seriously though, Catherine has to be miserable at this point. I really hope this is over for her soon. Those of you that remember being 9 months and over and counting.... the sleepless nights trying to get comfortable, huffing and puffing because it's hard to get a good deep breath, the crankiness, having to pee every 5 minutes, and not being able to eat more than a bite every few hours because your tummy has been pushed so far up. I really feel for her, bless her heart.
Very true, none of it can be easy for her. I know she will be relieved when she pops that crumb snatcher out.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
At this point I predict she wil go into labour on the 4th... (it is full moon). Only in case of problems with the baby doctors are going to induce earlier... So, I guess we all have nothing to see for the next couple of days
It would really be something if she had her baby on the full moon. I'd have a laugh over that. Imagine, there might be something to the old Scots-Irish tale after all! I'd like to believe so.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I think it may be finally happening!
Old 05-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mara View Post
It would really be something if she had her baby on the full moon. I'd have a laugh over that. Imagine, there might be something to the old Scots-Irish tale after all! I'd like to believe so.
Well many women deliver on the full moon day... An the day George was born it was full moon too... So I strongly believe in this "tales"
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Never been pregnant so forgive the potentially Silly question, but depending on how far over her due date she is, can't she request to be induced?

Tomorrow is the start of the Tour de Yorkshire so that would be a fantastic day to be born!
Yes she can request if she is full term.

Royal baby: Looks like todayís the day! Police convoy 'seen heading to hospital'
Article
Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

The moon controls tides and our bodies are mostly water.The moon does have an effect on our bodies no doubt.

Closed Thread