The Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with a second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by that logic they can never have another baby since there is always another event, appointment, visit, etc. People can't really determine when they'll get pregnant. It could take a month, it could take a year.

I'm happy for them. I had a feeling she was pregnant at the visit on 5/8.

There isn't always something else lined up. After Malta no other overseas visits have been announced. This was also an added big deal as the Queen asked Kate to represent her for the first time.

Woooowww! I'm so so happy!!! I have a sister who was also very close in age, and we are best friends. Great timing!! I'm so delighted :flowers: :flowers:

Also, hyperemesis gravidarum mostly happens with the first child, so she might have been thinking she would be able to go to Malta. Plus, she's first a woman and a mother before being a princess. She might also be trying for a few months to conceive and she's only pregnant now. Sure it's sad for Malta, but we cannot be angry at her for being pregnant IMHO.

Happy news! Well done! :flowers: She needs to take care. May she have a healthy pregnancy.

... and by being pregnant, she is also doing her job ;-)

That view is so old fashioned and out-dated.

@britishroyals: Palace Rep: Kate is "at home being looked after by the surgeon gynecologist to the Queen (Alan Farthing) & the royal household." #RoyalBaby

@jonkay01: I'm told Oxford University got call this am to say Kate wouldn't be accompanying William on visit today. Minutes later pregnancy announced.

Just hope Harry's invictus won't be overshadow by this

Congratulations to William, Catherine, the big brother and the rest of the family.

That view is so old fashioned and out-dated.

@britishroyals: Palace Rep: Kate is "at home being looked after by the surgeon gynecologist to the Queen (Alan Farthing) & the royal household." #RoyalBaby

@jonkay01: I'm told Oxford University got call this am to say Kate wouldn't be accompanying William on visit today. Minutes later pregnancy announced.

It's not old fashioned or outdated...very relevant to millions of people around the world.

LaRae

I'm happy for them. I thought an announcement would be coming soon. The children will be almost two years apart in age and she's indicated before that she didn't want large gaps between them.

As for conceiving with this Malta trip on the horizon, HG is not the always the same between pregnancies. With George, it was all new and no one had any idea that she'd have HG. With this pregnancy, everyone knew that it was possible that she'd have it again and could work the schedule better. If that turns out not to be the case, the most important thing is her health. People will forgive when they see the newest addition to the Cambridge family.

In my own experience (and with pregnancies which were 7 years apart), I thought the second was less severe because it didn't hit me immediately. No sooner than I had that thought, the symptoms hit me like a train and I was hospitalized again. I was able to manage it better because we had a medical history to work with, but all of my "engagements" had to be taken on a case-by-case basis, too. It's really a miserable experience. I hope she has a better go of it this time.

Congratulations to William and Catherine.

Such happy news! Looking forward to see her pregnancy fashion :)

Just hope Harry's invictus won't be overshadow by this

Over on RG and RD they are accusing William and Kate of planning this announcement to deliberately overshadow Harry and the Invictus Games - fun reading there.

Over on RG and RD they are accusing William and Kate of planning this announcement to deliberately overshadow Harry and the Invictus Games - fun reading there.

I think this pregnancy was a surprise for them W&K... I just hope the media will give the Invictus Games the right attention:flowers:

Such happy news! Looking forward to see her pregnancy fashion :)

I think we will see a number of repeated outfits from her first pregnancy.

LaRae

Congrats To The Duke and Duchess! I hope Catherine get well soon! This put her Due Date in April. Their next Child could be born on their Anniversary!

My Prediction about a Second Pregnancy Announcement coming between Mid July and Mid October was right.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! I hope everything will goes well for the DoC and the baby.

As for the Malta tour, I find it painful that children are seen as a project like another a couple could plan only so that it matches with their job. "So sorry darling, you didn't come earlier because I had a very important job project and the job project was more important than you". Yup.

Rebecca English @ RE_DailyMail

I am told the Cambridges only found out Very recently that Kate was expecting and she has not reached her 12-week stage yet.

The Duchess's sickness meant that the couple had to make the 'very difficult' decision to go public with the pregnancy earlier than planned

KP acknowledge that her forthcoming engagements may be affected. A decision on Malta will be made nearer the time.

But the Duchess does still plan to attend the opening ceremony of Prince Harry's Invictus Games on Wednesday. #kate #royalbaby #invictus

#RoyalBaby already the top trend worldwide, Twitter tell me....

It's not old fashioned or outdated...very relevant to millions of people around the world.

LaRae

Opinion of course; a monarchy goes on without a direct heir. Having children should never be considered a job.

Congratulations to William, Catherine, George and Lupo! :flowers: Such wonderful and surprising news! I was certain that they weren't going to have their next till next year, but it makes so much sense that they want George and the new one to be close in age which will benefit them a lot in the future.

It's not a job...it's a duty of the heirs.

LaRae

Congratulations to the parents en big brother to be :), such wonderfull news, hopefully her HG will be better soon.
(and this is so 'funny' for me, they got married one day before me and my husband, prince George was born 4 days after our son and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and they are also excpecting again :p)

If she wasn't sick, they could have waited until she was past the 3 months or longer. But with three engagements this week and a tour in 2 weeks. It had to be done now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's great news and I know she is thinking and being advised on her future engagements and her solo trip to Malta. I think she'll be okay to go ahead with her engagements and trip. We'll just have to wait and see.

Video:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second baby, it was announced today. The couple said they were "very pleased" to reveal Prince George will have a new brother or sister. The Queen and members of both William and Kate's families are "delighted" at the news, Kensington Palace said. Shows: Interviews with Eve Pollard and Kate Williams, Nick Clegg speaking at presser-
Home - ITNSource News

For all those who's thinking that this wonderful news will overshadow the Invictus Games are wrong, IMO. The Games will go on and everyone will do great. I think if Catherine can still attend, she'll be there to support her brother-in-law.

Last edited:
I'm one of those who was a bit surprised by the news. How unfortunate she's sicker than a dog, once again.
Congratulations!
:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom