The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015-January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal
On Wed 3rd May The Duchess will visit Farms for City Children @farmersforaweek to see their work with school children from inner city areas

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal
The Duchess will meet @farmersforaweek founders Michael and Clare Morpurgo, and join students and teachers as they muck in around the farm

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/856876099481030657

Last edited:
Until William steps down from his civilian career Kate is the full time royal in the Cambridge branch of the family and possibly heading towards being the Anne of the generation, should the solo engagements gather momentum, although in terms of actual engagements will probably never come close.

Six years ago today when she became a member of the RF, the thoughts of taking on such an engagement would have definitely daunted if not terrified her! With good reason, back then, completely unequipped for the task!

In the eight/ten year apprenticeship as royal GF she probably mastered the arts of patience, sustainment and discretion. The next six would have been a whole new ball game, family life aside.

But she did have a very eased in approach taken which is probably paying off now. I expect at this stage she is relishing the role.

:previous:

The media? You mean the Daily Mail. You're the one who posted the article.

:previous:

The media? You mean the Daily Mail. You're the one who posted the article.

I posted the article because it's about Catherine's official engagement to the children's farm. That's where the attention of article should be, on her official engagement, not on the photo investigation. It's beyond stupid for the DM to do this. Gotta post the article on her engagement, but I have to point out the stupidity of linking her job to the trial.

Last edited:
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge on a visit to Farms for City Children in Arlingham, near Gloucester,from May 3rd.

PPE Agency

Until William steps down from his civilian career Kate is the full time royal in the Cambridge branch of the family and possibly heading towards being the Anne of the generation, should the solo engagements gather momentum, although in terms of actual engagements will probably never come close.

Six years ago today when she became a member of the RF, the thoughts of taking on such an engagement would have definitely daunted if not terrified her! With good reason, back then, completely unequipped for the task!

In the eight/ten year apprenticeship as royal GF she probably mastered the arts of patience, sustainment and discretion. The next six would have been a whole new ball game, family life aside.

But she did have a very eased in approach taken which is probably paying off now. I expect at this stage she is relishing the role.

I disagree about Kate's immersion into her role. She's been in the Royal Family for six years and she is still an incomplete in my opinion. She had some bad PR moments and a tag of being "work shy" (along with William). Her speaking engagements still need some work. Here's a clip on her speech on motherhood this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGhjjSIGA94

Kate still reads from the paper, and she still hesitates. She, I thought, had some training in public speaking after she married into the Firm. It looks like she still needs some work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree about Kate's immersion into her role. She's been in the Royal Family for six years and she is still an incomplete in my opinion. She had some bad PR moments and a tag of being "work shy" (along with William). Her speaking engagements still need some work. Here's a clip on her speech on motherhood this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGhjjSIGA94

Kate still reads from the paper, and she still hesitates. She, I thought, had some training in public speaking after she married into the Firm. It looks like she still needs some work.
Do you know who else still reads from papers? Queen Elizabeth II

Do you know who else still reads from papers? Queen Elizabeth II

so glad you wrote this. So tired of anti Catherine posts from people who have no idea how it is to speak in public.

I did it for over 10 years as part of my career. And mostly I had notes in my hand like the Queen.

Sometimes I didn't, but the scared the whatsit out of me!

Too many people willing to criticise. That's why this Forum is failing.

I agree with cepe--thank you hernameiskka. I thought Queen Elizabeth reads most of her speeches.
I think some people are natural public speakers, some are able to learn public speaking and some never become comfortable giving speeches.

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 5: February 2015

I was in a public speaking class in High School, and all I can say is, it's perfectly okay to read from a paper. Not everyone has the ability to appear calm and composed in front of a crowd, while speaking in complete sentences without hesitating. Not everyone is a Michelle Obama.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge has arrived @KingsCollegeNHS to visit those affected by the London Bridge and Borough Market attacks

HRH meets some of the incredible doctors, nurses and support staff who describe their experiences to The Duchess.
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/874250427130359808

Last edited:
Wow! And people were throwing a fit complaining about Kate disappearing!
:whistling:

well done for kate visiting at such a needed time. i know the BRF are well involved with victims and helpers when these horrible events happened as we have seen the queen, prince william and now kate all visiting the people concerned after the recent attacks.

was her visit unannounced?

The Duchess of Cambridge has paid a surprise visit to survivors of the London terror attacks, quietly meeting with victims and staff at King's Hospital.

The Duchess arrived at the south east London hospital at 1.50pm, for a visit that was not publicised in advance to enable staff to continue to treat those affected without disruption.

In total 14 victims were taken to King’s, one of whom was ‘walking wounded’ and able to leave quickly after being seen by emergency staff.

The remaining 13 required treatment for stab wounds of varying severity. Seven were in a critical condition and are still receiving round-the-clock treatment.
Read more: Duchess of Cambridge makes surprise visit to London terror heroes

Very nice to see that all the senior royals have now visited those who were injured from the attacks.

Some other countries but other than attending the Abbey service for the Westminster victims, Harry hasn't visited any victims or emergency personnel from Manchester or London Bridge

That's right, I forgot about Harry. He did pay tribute to the victims in his speeches though. I guess he too will make a visit.

It's good to see Catherine and doing these visits.

HRH is discussing psychological support for those affected by #LondonBridge with A&E Lead @malcolm1771 & Dr Muj Husain from @MaudsleyNHS pic.twitter.com/6gdaUTh2bA

— King's College NHS (@KingsCollegeNHS) June 12, 2017​

Princess Kate made a surprise visit to King’s College Hospital in London on Monday to meet with some of the victims of the city’s June 3 terror attack.

Of the 48 injured, 14 were taken to King’s, with one able to leave soon after. The other 13 needed treatment for stab wounds — seven of whom were in a critical condition and are still receiving constant treatment. (Eight people died in the attack, while the three assailants, who drove through pedestrians on London Bridge and stabbed restaurant and pub-goers in nearby Borough Market, were shot at the scene by police.)

Kate was met by Nick Moberly, the hospital’s chief executive, and professor Julia Wendon. She was also introduced to two of the hospital’s team leaders trained to deal with major incidents, Jane Bond of Gold Command and Silver Command’s Mark Madams.
Read more: Kate Middleton Visits London Terror Attack Victims

The Duchess of Cambridge meets victims of the London Bridge terror attack and praises hospital staff who helped tend to the wounded on the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3C0u3FpwQQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! And people were throwing a fit complaining about Kate disappearing!

:whistling:
Where? Who? I missed it! :ermm:

Some other countries but other than attending the Abbey service for the Westminster victims, Harry hasn't visited any victims or emergency personnel from Manchester or London Bridge
Harry has been all over the place other than London and it is worth noting that Catherine's visit, like those of the rest of the royals, has been made when the emergency is over and does not disrupt the hospital nor stress the patients.

Well done Catherine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom