The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

these very well may be the types of engagements she has been doing all along 'behind the scenes' and because of the recent criticism of her lack of activities, they are now being announced the day of in the court circular; not photo ops but part of her job.

nice job from the KP press office.

Old 02-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
these very well may be the types of engagements she has been doing all along 'behind the scenes' and because of the recent criticism of her lack of activities, they are now being announced the day of in the court circular; not photo ops but part of her job.

I agree. That + new PR person that actually knows how to do the job! :P

Old 02-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post

Which is for the best. People should know about the work Catherine is doing behind the scenes. Information about her charitable meetings, lunches and outings should be known and accounted for in the CC.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Which is for the best. People should know about the work Catherine is doing behind the scenes. Information about her charitable meetings, lunches and outings should be known and accounted for in the CC.
I agree. The other royals show it in the CC, so ofc should hers :)
Old 02-11-2015, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I agree. The other royals show it in the CC, so ofc should hers :)
The royals do so much behind the scenes, but when it's not highlighted and reported on, it causes the media and others to question what the royals do when they're not on public duties. Then you end up reading those "lazy" headlines. I think in-depth royal documentaries and specials helps in this department.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The royals do so much behind the scenes, but when it's not highlighted and reported on, it causes the media and others to question what the royals do when they're not on public duties. Then you end up reading those "lazy" headlines. I think in-depth royal documentaries and specials helps in this department.
Exactly. That's so true.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge tries her hand at the ukulele | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I think there are no photos because of the situation: they are children with mental issues and such. It would be inappropriate and unconfortable I think, for the children to have cameras on them....
Old 02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think there are no photos because of the situation: they are children with mental issues and such. It would be inappropriate and unconfortable I think, for the children to have cameras on them....
Exactly. It would have been totally inappropriate. Maybe a simple photo taken by a parent, but nothing more than that!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Visits like that require a certain sensitiveness... Flashes and media would have been too much
Old 02-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

There are no photos because it was a private engagement. Royal watchers should be used to this. Private meetings, briefings etc happen every day. Just take a look at the Court Circular. They usually take place inside their offices (like today) but can take place elsewhere.

It would help if KP didnt use the word "private"

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
There are no photos because it was a private engagement. Royal watchers should be used to this. Private meetings, briefings etc happen every day. Just take a look at the Court Circular. They usually take place inside their offices (like today) but can take place elsewhere.

It would help if KP didnt use the word "private"
I agree. Just using the words meeting, charity meeting etc would be better. And add that no pictures will be released. Instead of using the word private which prompts the "If it's private how come we know about it, they just want PR"-comments.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

It really no different when they met with parents who lost their children or relatives of soldiers who died. It done without cameras and press present because of the sensitive nature.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's very understandable that there may not be any pictures and videos of these unannounced visits, but at least her work behind the scenes are being highlighted (by KP/media) and being included in the Court Circular. People need to know what she's doing when she's not working on public engagements.

I think palace officials was finding it hard to do this.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Catherine looks so lovely, and happy. She's glowing. It's delightful to see her so hands-on, and painting with the children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The woman has a smile and laugh that lights up the room. It's kept me smiling for days. I'm sure Wednesday will be the same. Will take all I can get. Can never have enough.
Pretty much. What I really like is the fact that Catherine always gives off the vibe that she wants to be at whatever engagement she's doing. She's smiling, engaging with those around her, and listening with her heart.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:44 PM
Gentry

It looks like we have more child mental health and addiction related engagements for the Duchess.
@KensingtonRoyal: We look forward to* rest of The Duchess's Autumn programme, focusing on early intervention, mental health, and addiction.

l:
Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

HRH The Duchess of Cambridge Patron of 100WHF's Philanthropic Initiatives
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100WomeninHedgeFunds @ 100_WHF
Kensington Palace has announced that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will attend @100_WHF's London Gala on 27 Oct.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

In benefit of which of her charities?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cambridge, Patron, 100 Women in Hedge Funds' Philanthropic Initiatives, will attend a reception and Gala Dinner in aid of The Art Room at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Her Royal Highness will attend a reception for a selection of guests and present the 100WHF 2015 European Industry Leadership Award before dinner.