The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Courtier

They have said before that they want a big family. The Duchess is still pretty young.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Courtier

I think they said that before they knew she would have morning sickness from hell. She was quite the trooper for going through it a second time.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

No need for her to have a second child if the morning sickness was a real factor (not that it's not very bad for her but it did seem to not be as bad this time around).

They both said they wanted a large family...I expect them to have at least 3 and possibly more.

LaRae
Old 05-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Many things are said before the reality of pregnancy, childbirth and child raising set in in. It might be that with her difficulties now that she has one of each they will wait several years before another like his grandmother did. We just don't know really.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Many things are said before the reality of pregnancy, childbirth and child raising set in in. It might be that with her difficulties now that she has one of each they will wait several years before another like his grandmother did. We just don't know really.
The reason there is a age difference between the The Queen Two Elder and Two Youngest Children is because of her early accession which she obviously envision happening If she had not became Queen in 1952 her Kids would all most likely be much closer in age.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
The reason there is a age difference between the The Queen Two Elder and Two Youngest Children is because of her early accession which she obviously envision happening If she had not became Queen in 1952 her Kids would all most likely be much closer in age.

I thought it has been said that Andrew was a make up baby as the Queen and Phillip had been having marriage problems.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-05-2015, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I thought it has been said that Andrew was a make up baby as the Queen and Phillip had been having marriage problems.

I believe that is only a rumor. We will probably never know the truth to that.

Though I have read in that past that the Queen and Prince Philip did go throught some sort of Marital stuff in the late 1950s (as will other tings I am not going to discuss here) and that Andrew was a result of their reconciliation and that why Prince Andrew is her favorite child.

We will probably never know the truth.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Serene Highness

The number of children is not important but the care and love that goes into raising them most certainly is. I am absolutely certain they will make the choice that is right for them no matter how much pressure they may or may not have from outside sources.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are we talking about another one already? I'll bet Kate is still sitting on donut pillows.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 AM
Majesty

Yep. And a sitz bath every 4-6 hours. Sheesh!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic.

Any and all additional off topic and specualtive posts about the marriage of the Queen and Prince Phillip as well a potential number three baby for the Cambridges will be deleted without notice.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

The Birth of HRH Princess Charlotte of Cambridge: May 2, 2015

This was just on my twitter feed.
Truly she's not a week old and she's powerful !!!! There was photos of Charlotte and the Queen

The two most powerful females in Britain's royal family meet each other for the first time. @tomsteinfort #9NewsAt6 http://t.co/7L8Mo5wSk6

Old 05-06-2015, 06:25 AM
Royal Highness

From the Daily Mail
Quote:
Just after his mother left the palace, Prince Charles was also seen arriving for his second cuddle with the newborn royal. The doting grandfather, who has openly spoken of his hope that his daughter and son-in-law would have a girl, had already been to visit Princess Charlotte with Camilla on Sunday.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear! More than one error in that article. I suspect baby Charlotte was introduced to HM, not the other way around.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
When she gets married she'll say all three names. When she receives any sort of honors, all three names will be used.
But King Felipe VI of Spain has full name: Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos, but during his wedding he said just: "Yo, Felipe" (I remember well).
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Oh dear! More than one error in that article. I suspect baby Charlotte was introduced to HM, not the other way around.
Obviously, there's a new Queen of the Tabloids.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
But King Felipe VI of Spain has full name: Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de la Santísima Trinidad y de Todos los Santos, but during his wedding he said just: "Yo, Felipe" (I remember well).
In an Anglican wedding service the full Christian names are used - as William did at his wedding to Catherine Elizabeth.

Really the only time officially her full names will be used will be at her baptism and wedding. On official documents she will have to write them but we won't hear them.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
In an Anglican wedding service the full Christian names are used - as William did at his wedding to Catherine Elizabeth.

Really the only time officially her full names will be used will be at her baptism and wedding. On official documents she will have to write them but we won't hear them.
And, as we remember from Diana and Charles' wedding, it doesn't matter if the parties don't recite all those names in the correct order.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Let's face it, how important is it the third name ? How many times in your life do you use it ? It is only a way, when a child is born to honour certain other members of the family..... my opinion of course;;;

My daughter has two middle names. It irks me when both her middle names aren't used.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

So Charlotte is off to her country home.
Good thing we have the Monegasque twins to keep us busy in the next few days, babywise