General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The good old Daily Fail, one again stirring the pot. All those nice implications about Catherine being the cause of William's non attendance at some events. In some cases he may just have grown up and not wanted to indulge in a weekend of "wild living". :lol:
Princess of Durham, please dear heart are you saying The Daily Fail is not one hundred per cent accurate, one hundred per cent of the time? Its all a tad reminiscent of PW's parents, isn't it?

The same daily mail who had to issue to retraction to Carole Middleton for saying she moved in Amner which caused marital issues with Mike.

As William said in his engagement interview- Don't alway believe what you read .

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The same daily mail who had to issue to retraction to Carole Middleton for saying she moved in Amner which caused marital issues with Mike.

As William said in his engagement interview- Don't alway believe what you read .

. Skippyboo, say it ain't true! :)

According to RE Kate didn't attend

They could hardly have felt more at home. For when, yesterday afternoon, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended the most discreetly arranged of high society weddings in the beautiful village of Thurlestone in Devon, the guest list included many of their closest circle.

Pippa Middleton, Kate’s sister, was there to see upmarket estate agent and amateur boxer Bear Maclaine marry pretty socialite Daisy Dickson, and so was TV presenter Natalie Pinkham. Indeed the guest list included many of the friends who gathered for William and Kate’s own marriage at Westminster Abbey four years ago.

Yet The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the presence of the Cambridges in Devon was a cause of genuine surprise to many.

Indeed, some believe it was a near miracle that they appeared at all.
Read more: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend wedding together surprising friends | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Maybe Rebecca English should have told her DM colleague who wrote the story. Twitter has WK on a train but it doesn't say what train or where they got off.

Fantastic, now we have a mystery, where they there, weren't they there and a train thrown in! Any haunted houses? Any pesky kids to solve the mystery? But above all where is Lupo? Forgive me but journalistic standards appear to be falling apart. I will go back to my sick bed now.

The Daily Fails also doesn't mention at least three weddings that Kate went to without William- Kelaart/Heathcoate-Amory was when Mike gave the bride away, Middletons there no William, June 2011 Sam & Bella Whaley Cohen - same day as Trooping Colour Kate & Pippa went no Wills, May 2014 First Cousins Adam Middleton's wedding - No William, Middletons were there.

The summer of 2013 is when she misses most of the weddings the DM complains about. There was a certain chubby cheek prince born then who was a super cranky baby for the first 5 months and didn't get a full time nanny until March 2014. I wonder if the two things are linked��

In November 2011, she also attended her Uncle Simon Middleton's wedding - no William. That wedding flew completely under the radar, not surprising as there was only about 40 guests. The Fail never reported on it.

Last edited:
Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail Aug 16
I'd take suggestions that Kate was at yesterday's wedding in Devon with a pinch of salt. She wasn't. Prince William went, though.

Wasn't something similar done in Sweden? I remember Estelle and her parents opening something like that. It would be sweet to see Charlotte and George doing an event like that in the future.

I remember reading something about that and seeing pictures of Estelle walking through it. I believe it was perhaps fairy tale based as there was a photograph of Estelle kissing a frog.

Butter sculptures? Who knew such a thing exsisted. Yep I have seen the fairytale park in honour of P Estelle and her walking through it, photographs.

I remember reading something about that and seeing pictures of Estelle walking through it. I believe it was perhaps fairy tale based as there was a photograph of Estelle kissing a frog.

Thank you! That's what I was thinking of.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The fairy tale Estelle thing was an official gift from a county. It's a forest trail with fairy tale theme. So it's quite different than the town doing princess-PR :p But I understand what you're saying.

Wasn't something similar done in Sweden? I remember Estelle and her parents opening something like that. It would be sweet to see Charlotte and George doing an event like that in the future.

It was Estelle's Christening Gift from her Duchy IIRC and I still think was such a lovely idea.

The fairy tale Estelle thing was an official gift from a county. It's a forest trail with fairy tale theme. So it's quite different than the town doing princess-PR :p But I understand what you're saying.

Thank you for clarifying it further. I appreciate it. With all the Royal events that take place, it's hard to remember the exact details.

It was Estelle's Christening Gift from her Duchy IIRC and I still think was such a lovely idea.

Thank you!

Personally I loved it especially the subtle reminder to her fathers wedding speech about not instantly turning from a frog to a Prince.

Why does it matter why Kate skipped the wedding at the last moment? Maybe one of the kids got sick or Kate got sick? I'm sure William gave his apologies to the couple.

Yeah, she probably had something she had to do at the last minute, or maybe it was Pippa with him and she was mistaken for Catherine. These people attend too many weddings, IMO. After a while, you just ask for somebody to bring some cake home.

Why does it matter why Kate skipped the wedding at the last moment? Maybe one of the kids got sick or Kate got sick? I'm sure William gave his apologies to the couple.

. Dearest Skippyboo, I think this is important because a few days ago if was being reported, if memory serves me right, by the same paper that The DOC had attended the wedding. It shows potentially factually inaccurate information. One is either at a wedding or one is not. The second point in my humble opinion is that this appears to be the latest in a series of reports on what is going on between the Cambridge's relationship wise and sadly reminiscent of the intial rumours regarding PW's parents marriage. It is in my mind a tad unpleasant, that is me. Now please, stop being interesting as I have to read a work related journal. :)

Frankly there is ZERO evidence that there was a cancellation by Catherine, let alone @ the last minute, or that she ever RSVP'd as attending in the first place. Did the couple or their wedding planner say so, I think not. No, the claim appears to be based on someone who allegedly saw a seating chart w/ Catherine's name on it, really? Is it the same someone who earlier reported she did attend the wedding?
Hogwash, IMO.

. Dearest Skippyboo, I think this is important because a few days ago if was being reported, if memory serves me right, by the same paper that The DOC had attended the wedding. It shows potentially factually inaccurate information. One is either at a wedding or one is not. The second point in my humble opinion is that this appears to be the latest in a series of reports on what is going on between the Cambridge's relationship wise and sadly reminiscent of the intial rumours regarding PW's parents marriage. It is in my mind a tad unpleasant, that is me. Now please, stop being interesting as I have to read a work related journal. :)

If the same paper had contradictory reports (no surprise, it's the Daily Mail), then it sounds like they don't really know what they're talking about (again, no surprise, it's the Daily Mail). Would the Daily Mail like it to sound sinister? Of course - that makes for a better story. Personally, I find nothing unusual in the fact that the mother of a toddler and an infant missing a social occasion. Also, as the article mentions, she's been known to miss such events before. Some people don't have the energy for these kinds of thing. When I was growing up, I used to be confused about the fact that my mom frequently would end up deciding at the last minute not to accompany my stepdad to some kind of social function or another. I just didn't understand why she just wouldn't go to things, but then I grew up and became the same way! I often find being around a lot of people very draining, and if I'm tired or sick to begin with - forget it! I don't know if Kate's the same way or not, but there are all kinds of very dull reasons why someone might not attend a wedding.

The weddings the DM moans about TVS and James Meade. TVS - Kate is 8 months pregnant with George, wedding in Northumberland not London, James Meade- 1 1/2 months post George, who didn't a full time Nanny until March 2014. Super Cranky baby until weaned. Guy Pelly-Wedding in Memphis, 10 plus hour flight just got back to UK from Australia.

In the past two years, Kate has had 2 pregnancies, both with HG , a cranky baby and now a 3 month old and a energizer bunny toddler. I would just want to just stay in my baby puke stain sweats and stay on the couch instead of traveling across the country to a wedding.

If it was a last minute cancellation, then it was a probable good reason that it's between WK and the couple. There could have be issues with a child, Nanny Maria or Kate herself.

When C&D fell apart it was obvious from their body language, W&K's body language is the complete opposite of C&D.

I'm just waiting for the DM to come up with a trailer to a big exclusive over the weekend.

Kate skips the one best social event of the season to stay home and safeguard her children from lurkers while battling nausea from her third pregnancy that hints of twins.

Yeps.. that sounds about right for the Daily Fail. Called a 1-2-3 punch. :eek:

The weddings the DM moans about TVS and James Meade. TVS - Kate is 8 months pregnant with George, wedding in Northumberland not London, James Meade- 1 1/2 months post George, who didn't a full time Nanny until March 2014. Super Cranky baby until weaned. Guy Pelly-Wedding in Memphis, 10 plus hour flight just got back to UK from Australia.

In the past two years, Kate has had 2 pregnancies, both with HG , a cranky baby and now a 3 month old and a energizer bunny toddler. I would just want to just stay in my baby puke stain sweats and stay on the couch instead of traveling across the country to a wedding.

If it was a last minute cancellation, then it was a probable good reason that it's between WK and the couple. There could have be issues with a child, Nanny Maria or Kate herself.

When C&D fell apart it was obvious from their body language, W&K's body language is the complete opposite of C&D.

Thanks for including the context of the other weddings - these things do matter (unless you're a writer who needs to spin a story a certain way). I was also thinking the same thing about body language - William and Kate, I think, seem to have a natural ease and affection with one another that would be hard to fake. Charles and Diana had a few years of "we're just doing this for appearances," followed by "forget it, I can't be bothered." IMO, body language speaks volumes - at the very least, I think it's a better indicator of things than what the tabloids cook up.

I'm just waiting for the DM to come up with a trailer to a big exclusive over the weekend.

Kate skips the one best social event of the season to stay home and safeguard her children from lurkers while battling nausea from her third pregnancy that hints of twins.

Yeps.. that sounds about right for the Daily Fail. Called a 1-2-3 punch. :eek:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Catherine attends a few weddings here and there, but mostly it's William that attends in representing the couple. I think it's down to the case that Catherine stayed home.

The wedding mystery...yawn

Will all of you lovely people stop talking sense. There is a reason its nick named The Daily Fail. Given the comments the DOC gets on some boards and the fails comments sections, I would not want to go outside and attend any event and I don't have children. I know it is wrong to speculate but perhaps after two difficult pregnancies and potential ongoing nursing the woman is tired? You know HG can apparently make one anemic which can lead to tiredness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom