General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby group in NZ had a diverse group of people including a gay couple.

It is really an issue for the government to take up. I doubt the Cameron govt would want to take it before a tight election though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Posts regarding the Mustique vacation have been moved to this thread.

Not sure where this should go but it does have Will and Kate in it
Kate Middleton hair - Duke of Cambridge hair & Best royal hair - Tatler

LOL, thanks for posting - I think it will get moved somewhere.

I had no idea Will had a beard, I think he should grow one again, although I did a double take. I thought he was James Middleton at first.

The Windsors themselves were not blessed with great hair - looking at those photos all the good hair genes were imported. Even Fergie had lovely hair.

LOL, thanks for posting - I think it will get moved somewhere.

I had no idea Will had a beard, I think he should grow one again, although I did a double take. I thought he was James Middleton at first.

The Windsors themselves were not blessed with great hair - looking at those photos all the good hair genes were imported. Even Fergie had lovely hair.
Haha, gave me the giggles. "Imported hair-genes".... On their spouse-list.

A future spouse must have:
Taller than QEII
Good hair-genes
Working reproductive systems.

(Sorry, I'm tired. Remove if it's to OT)

William's beard came from his stint in the Royal Navy. Spent 6 weeks on deployment in the Caribbean on the HMS Iron Duke that when he grew the beard. The Navy is the only branch of the British military where you can have a beard. That's why Harry had to loose his polar beard.

Kate must have not liked much since William hasn't tried to grow one since he left the RAF.

You can find pictures of almost all the male royals with a beard at some point in their life.

William's beard came from his stint in the Royal Navy. Spent 6 weeks on deployment in the Caribbean on the HMS Iron Duke that when he grew the beard. The Navy is the only branch of the British military where you can have a beard. That's why Harry had to loose his polar beard.

Kate must have not liked much since William hasn't tried to grow one since he left the RAF.

You can find pictures of almost all the male royals with a beard at some point in their life.

Well, rumor has it it's QEII that doesn't like beards and make all the males shave them after the navy :p

William and Harry would had to shave anyways because they were still serving officers in the RAF and Army.

There is a humorous story about the Queen and beards that I read in a biography- I think it Elizabeth and Philip A Portrait of a Marriage. Philip took the Royal Yatch sea trials as part of a six month tour he went to the Antarctic, Australia, various places. He grew a beard during this trip. When he met the Queen again in the Mediterranean, the Queen and everybody in the Royal party donned fake beards to greet Philip who had shave off his beard in anticipation of the meeting.

William and Harry would had to shave anyways because they were still serving officers in the RAF and Army.

There is a humorous story about the Queen and beards that I read in a biography- I think it Elizabeth and Philip A Portrait of a Marriage. Philip took the Royal Yatch sea trials as part of a six month tour he went to the Antarctic, Australia, various places. He grew a beard during this trip. When he met the Queen again in the Mediterranean, the Queen and everybody in the Royal party donned fake beards to greet Philip who had shave off his beard in anticipation of the meeting.

Yeah, I know.

Hhaa, that story is so funny. I've hear it before :)

No that you mention it, it IS odd that neither Phillip no his male descendants have every really sported facial heir, even really as a passing fancy (am I missing anybody?) I really can't see the Queen dictating no facial hair - for her spouse, perhaps, I'd have something to say about a beard/mustache on my husband.

I think Will looks pretty good with a beard, but again maybe Kate thought he looked too much like her brother (who strangely reminds me of George V and Tsar Nicholas II)

James Middleton didn't have his beard then. He didn't start it until at least mid 2012.

No that you mention it, it IS odd that neither Phillip no his male descendants have every really sported facial heir, even really as a passing fancy (am I missing anybody?) I really can't see the Queen dictating no facial hair - for her spouse, perhaps, I'd have something to say about a beard/mustache on my husband.

I think Will looks pretty good with a beard, but again maybe Kate thought he looked too much like her brother (who strangely reminds me of George V and Tsar Nicholas II)

He also remind me of the late King and Tsar. William did look great with the beard; he may not have liked it much or Catherine may not have liked it. He's a papa now and he may give it a go again.

Teesside children's writer receives thanks from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge - Gazette Live
A children’s writer from Teesside has received thanks from the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge after he sent Prince George some copies of his books for Christmas.

Children’s author Peter Brunton sent Prince George a copy of all three of his Sally the Oil Rig Seal books as a present for Christmas.

After sending the books Peter more or less forgot about it until he received a letter through the post which had a rather exclusive postmark on it.

Peter said: “I noticed the postmark was different - it said, Buckingham Palace.

“At first I thought it was a wind-up. But then I the opened the envelope and looked at the letter and I realised it was the real thing.”

With an official Kensington Palace letterhead and addressed to Mr Brunton, the letter reads: “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to thank you for your kind letter and gift sent to Prince George at Christmas.

“Their Royal Highnesses are most grateful to you for taking the trouble to send Prince George three of the ‘Sally the Oil Rig Seal’ children’s books.

“It really was most thoughtful of you and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have asked me to send you their warmest thanks and best wishes for the New Year.”

A lot of people have a thank you to their builders especially wealthy people with very demanding work. Not a party as such just a casual drinks affair

A lot of people have a thank you to their builders especially wealthy people with very demanding work. Not a party as such just a casual drinks affair.

We gave the tradesmen who did the renovation work on our house a case of beer. Considering the relative financial circumstances of my husband & I and the Cambridges, perhaps they are being stingy.

We gave the tradesmen who did the renovation work on our house a case of beer. Considering the relative financial circumstances of my husband & I and the Cambridges, perhaps they are being stingy.

Ha ha you make a good point

I think the way they have it planned is perfect. A dinner party perhaps would be too much as then the questions arise. "What do I wear?" "What do I say? and "What is the protocol?" etc. I think it would make a lot of people nervous. Stopping by for drinks is informal, casual and IMHO, puts everyone in the room at eye level and on equal footing (in a sense). I like that Will and Kate are doing this.

I think the way they have it planned is perfect. A dinner party perhaps would be too much as then the questions arise. "What do I wear?" "What do I say? and "What is the protocol?" etc. I think it would make a lot of people nervous. Stopping by for drinks is informal, casual and IMHO, puts everyone in the room at eye level and on equal footing (in a sense). I like that Will and Kate are doing this.
Exactly! Seems like a nice gesture to me :)

I agree, a nice thing to do. And the builders will never forget it. :D

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 5h 5 hours ago
Is Kate's second baby due a little earlier than we thought?
Is Kate Middleton's second baby due earlier than we thought? New clue to her due date - Mirror Online

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 10h 10 hours ago
Poppy artist Paul Cummins reveals: "Kate was not going to come as, though it had not been announced, she was already pregnant and suffering

Paul Cummins tells the Sunday Times re Kate and poppies: ""But she insisted. It was her last public outing for a while."

Victoria Murphy @QueenVicMirror · 5h 5 hours ago
Is Kate's second baby due a little earlier than we thought?
Is Kate Middleton's second baby due earlier than we thought? New clue to her due date - Mirror Online

Poppy artist Paul Cummins reveals: "Kate was not going to come as, though it had not been announced, she was already pregnant and suffering

Paul Cummins tells the Sunday Times re Kate and poppies: ""But she insisted. It was her last public outing for a while."
I read that. That + William having an engagement out of the country late April makes me believe the kid is due early April.

Kate would have been already 12 weeks pregnant in early september then? I don't think so because the annoucement would have released the due date but it followed the path of her first pregnancy: the month due month was confirmed later...

The engagement which is the anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli also hasn't been announced by KP so it isn't official yet.

The engagement which is the anniversary of the battle of Gallipoli also hasn't been announced by KP so it isn't official yet.

Ok, I thought it had been announced by then. I guess it's just penciled in at the moment. Seeing how things turn out :p

It was only in a a Turkish paper nothing official from the palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom