The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2015, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Posts about Ken Wharfe's recent comments, are now in the Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards thread.

Old 01-13-2016, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
PRINCE William has returned to work for the air ambulance after a festive season packed with Royal appointments.

But his first day back at the office offered a more exhilarating shift than most can expect as he flew the East Anglian Air Ambulance helicopter on emergency missions.

The Duke was spotted filling up the helicopter with fuel yesterday afternoon, after starting his day shift at 7am.

The 33-year-old was also spotted inspecting the helicopter and chatting to his colleagues as he returned from a mission to Cambridge International Airport.

He then headed into the new Ł250,000 two-storey base, which was purpose built to provide more home comforts than the previous staff quarters - a small room at the back of the main airport building.
Read more: Back at the office: Prince William returns to life-saving work with air ambulance crew | UK | News | Daily Express

Quote:
A Hertfordshire school had an unexpected visitor for lunch today who caused a bit of a stir.

Prince William dropped in as he was on a job in Stevenage with his East Anglian Air Ambulance helicopter.

He went into the canteen at the John Henry Newman School in the town while on a break from transporting doctors from nearby Lister Hospital.
BBC Local Live: Beds, Herts & Bucks on Wednesday, 13 January 2016. - BBC News

Old 01-14-2016, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator

Another article:

Prince William joins Stevenage school pupils for lunch - BBC News
Old 01-14-2016, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William at a SCHOOL CANTEEN for dinner during an air ambulance job | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

How nice for those students! Did you notice the DM worked in that tidbit about "toasters not allowed" at the old EAAA building? I wonder how hard they worked to dig that tidbit up.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince William “really charming” according to St Albans pupils after surprise lunch - Worth a read. Lovely quotes from people who met him

Quote:
Prince William, who is a pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA), flew on to the playing field at John Henry Newman (JHN) Catholic School in Stevenage, while pupils from St Albans’ Nicholas Breakspear Catholic School were studying there.

The institutions have close ties as the head of the former school, Clive Mathew, is also executive headteacher of Nicholas Breakspear, in Colney Heath Lane.

Declan Linnane, headteacher of the latter school, said that sixth form students were at JHN when the air ambulance landed.

He spoke at length with the royal during lunch about everything from rugby to how George is doing at nursery, and described Prince William as “just a decent man who is in touch with humanity, very humble and very interested in other people”.
Read more: Prince William “really charming” according to St Albans pupils after surprise lunch - News - Herts Advertiser
Old 01-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds like a good arrangement for EAAA to have open space for landings near the hospital and it appears that they and the school have found a way to ensure the students' safety while they operate. The students have an opportunity to watch first responders in action and on occasion chat with them about how they help the community.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'd be willing to bet my last spoonful of Amish potato salad that the kids are far more interested in the helicopter itself rather than who was on board. Of course they would know who he is and it'll be something they'll be able to tell their own kids when William is King.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 01-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'd be willing to bet my last spoonful of Amish potato salad that the kids are far more interested in the helicopter itself rather than who was on board. Of course they would know who he is and it'll be something they'll be able to tell their own kids when William is King.
I wouldn't be so sure. Some of them yes. BUt I saw a clip of them going into the school and you heard a girl squeel "Oooh myyyy goood, it's Priiiince Wiiiiillliammm" :P
Old 01-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

LAURA FREEMAN says Prince William is no longer a crush* | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Courtier

Please may I point out that there are better examples of Journalism in England. This article beggars belief. Guess what we age and things change? This is news?
Old 02-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The Duke of Cambridge has attended the funeral of polar explorer Henry Worsley, who died trying to make the first unassisted solo crossing of the Antarctic.

William was patron of the adventurer's Shackleton Solo Expedition and joined mourners at a central London church for the service.

A few days after Mr Worsley died last month, his family spoke of the 'great comfort' they had taken in knowing the huge impact he had on so many people.
Read more: Prince William consoles widow at funeral of polar explorer Henry Worsley | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
Prince William flew his air ambulance to help save a three-year-old boy who was choking on peanuts.

He landed the helicopter to allow paramedics to treat three-year-old Luke Swyers.

Luke had eaten what he thought were yoghurt coated raisins when he started choking.

Later his family found out they were peanuts and now believe Luke may have suffered an allergic reaction.

... A friend called 999 and then the Air Ambulance arrived in Bishop’s Stortford, Herts.

Donna said: “ Prince William was the pilot.

“There were two doctors onboard. They checked Luke out – they were concerned for him.”

Luke was given a cartoon character made from blown up surgical glove by the helicopter crew – it’s unclear whether Prince William made it himself.
Read more: Prince William in mercy mission to help save a three-year-old boy choking on peanuts - Mirror Online
Old 02-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Heir Apparent

'Gentleman Farmer' Prince William
Old 02-21-2016, 06:02 AM
Courtier

A very good article describing William's knack for neutrality. And how he has avoided a one -dimensional public persona. I think that's an accomplishment in the modern age of over sharing. He's learnt a lot from The Queen. Though, I do roll my eyes at the writer for taking a swipe at Andrew.

My thoughts exactly, Prince William | Victoria Coren Mitchell | Opinion | The Guardian
Old 02-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Nobility

LOL, that's actually pretty fun for a piece in the Guardian!

Slightly OT, Victoria Coren Mitchell is married to David Mitchell of Peep Show fame.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

This thread has been cleaned up, with a number of posts being moved to more appropriate threads where topic such as the media treatment of the Royal Family, the wealth and finances of the Royal Family and the role and duties of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be discussed..

Several further posts adding nothing to the discussion have been deleted.

To enable this thread to remain on topic, a new thread about William's job as a Helicopter Pilot has been created:

Prince William and His Work as a Helicopter Pilot
Old 03-24-2016, 03:28 AM
Heir Apparent

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Prince William is on a private trip to Kenya over Easter. He'll meet the president; see conservation work; attend friend Jecca Craig's wedding

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Press release: Prince William to undertake a private trip to Kenya (24-27 March)

The Duke of Cambridge will visit Kenya over the Easter Bank Holiday Weekend between 24th and 27th March 2016, on a private trip.

At the start of his short visit to the country, on Thursday 24th March, the Duke of Cambridge will attend a meeting with President Uhuru Kenyatta. The meeting is taking place at the request of Her Majesty's Government, and His Royal Highness is pleased to have the opportunity to meet the President while he is in Kenya. They will discuss the relationship between the United Kingdom and Kenya, to deepen relations between the two countries on a broad range of topics including defence and security, and conservation.

The Duke, who is President of United For Wildlife, will spend the remainder of the day seeing first-hand some of the longstanding conservation and anti-poaching initiatives taking place in Kenya, which are supported by Tusk Trust, the charity of which he is Royal Patron.

His Royal Highness will witness vets at work in the field as they fit radio tracking collars to elephants to help with research and conservation. The Duke of Cambridge will also spend time with a team of highly trained rangers in Lewa Conservancy, to learn about their work protecting one of Africa's significant rhino populations from poaching.

The remainder of this short visit to the country will be private.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...72104569488878
Old 03-24-2016, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Considering he's meeting the president and doing Uniter for Wildlife work I think "private" is not the correct word (well, part of it is). I think that's just how the press classifies "we were not invited" :P
Old 03-24-2016, 05:04 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think it has anything to do with the press. Being a private trip means that he is going for his own interests and purposes and that its not an official visit representing the Queen and the UK at the requests of the governments involved.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon