The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2010, 10:32 PM
Aristocracy

Well I know I am looking forward to watching this wedding. Would BBCA be a good channel to watch it on? Depending on when and what I am doing at the time I am going to have to tape it. (sorry if I got offtopic there). White wouldn't be a bad color, I haven't really seen too many royal brides wear white.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
Well I know I am looking forward to watching this wedding. Would BBCA be a good channel to watch it on? Depending on when and what I am doing at the time I am going to have to tape it. (sorry if I got offtopic there). White wouldn't be a bad color, I haven't really seen too many royal brides wear white.

CP Victoria's wedding dress was white.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelly View Post
I would be surprised if every major American network did not cover this wedding in full, that is ABC, NBC, CBS & CNN, much like Charles & Diana's wedding (minus CNN). So, I think we will have our options open as to where to watch it. Time will tell!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

BTW, I was watching video on YouTube of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding and I wonder if some of the things that happened there, we will see in April for William and Catherine's wedding. Sarah left Clarence House in a beautiful glass coach and I wonder if Catherine will get transported to the Abbey in it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I would be surprised if every major American network did not cover this wedding in full, that is ABC, NBC, CBS & CNN, much like Charles & Diana's wedding (minus CNN). So, I think we will have our options open as to where to watch it. Time will tell!
I sure hope so! I'm assuming here in Canada CTV and CBC should broadcast it CBC had Charles and Camilla's wedding and CTV had Diana's 10 year Memorial Service.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I'm sure they will, although they won't stay on it without a billion commercials and breaking away to other news. I plan on watching it on the internet and TV.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I'm sure they will, although they won't stay on it without a billion commercials and breaking away to other news. I plan on watching it on the internet and TV.
They didn`t do that for Charles and Diana`s wedding or Andrew and Sarah`s wedding. My complaint about the US broadcasts was that the commentator`s couldn`t shut up.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
BTW, I was watching video on YouTube of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson's wedding and I wonder if some of the things that happened there, we will see in April for William and Catherine's wedding. Sarah left Clarence House in a beautiful glass coach and I wonder if Catherine will get transported to the Abbey in it.

With the exception of Sophie all the royal brides have gone to their weddings in that coach so I would expect Kate to also use it, unless her reported allergy to horses prevents her from using any coach at all.

The Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, Diana and Sarah certainly all used that coach. The glass coach is sometimes called the wedding coach as it is used for that purpose.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I wonder if CBC or CTV or something like that will show the wedding live over here or will we have to wait and get a delayed broadcast like we did with Charles and Camilla.
CBC and CTV both showed Charles and Diana`s wedding live. My family was camping. I made my parents rent a hotel room for the night so we could watch.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
They didn`t do that for Charles and Diana`s wedding or Andrew and Sarah`s wedding. My complaint about the US broadcasts was that the commentator`s couldn`t shut up.
That is usually the case.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know what station would carry the wedding, but assuming because it's Prince William, it will be carried. With scads of commercial breaks, of course.

Since it's a Friday wedding, and I don't have classes on Fridays, that means I can stay up to watch it so hopefully some kind person here will provide a link to streaming video online in the event it's NOT carried here or people don't want to watch more commercials than wedding.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Royal Highness

To all my friends in England.. who is the gentleman on the BBC who always does the commentary for important events?? He has that wonderful ability to comment just enough, in such an engaging manner, that you can really feel satisfied with the mix of reporting and the actual event taking place..
Old 11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
To all my friends in England.. who is the gentleman on the BBC who always does the commentary for important events??
There's more than one. Recent commentary has been done by either Huw Edwards or David Dimbleby (as David Dimbleby has aged, Huw Edwards has taken over more and more). The commentary for Charles and Diana's wedding, Diana's funeral, and the Queen Mother's funeral (as well as the Edinburgh tattoo up until 2008) was by Tom Fleming, who sadly passed away earlier this year.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
CBC and CTV both showed Charles and Diana`s wedding live. My family was camping. I made my parents rent a hotel room for the night so we could watch.
ooh should be good then! I just hope it's uninterrupted.

Also to the last poster I loved the commentator who did Diana's funeral on BBC I do not cry very easily but they way he spoke got me sooo choked up before anyone had even arrived!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Majesty

I am finding it hard to know where to put stuff with so many threads on this topic so here are some more stories

More stories coming out now:

How peopel will celebrate and the fact that two long weekends in a row will be many people take extra days off making it an 11 day celebration

Prince William and Kate Middleton 'People's' wedding: Millions to celebrate with street parties, pop concert and a holiday that could last 11 days | Mail Online

Kate's parents to help pay some of the costs but most to be paid for by the Queen and Charles (at least they are good for something it seems)

Kate's parents to help foot the bill: They could buy the dress or cake, but Queen and Charles will pay most | Mail Online

No doubt more to follow

The security for the day will be over 12.5 million pounds

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Kate Middleton-Prince William wedding: £12.5m police bill for big day

How Kate is impacting on fashion

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding: The biggest fashion parade of the decade

Speculation about where the honeymoon will be in Kenya

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William-Kate Middleton wedding: Kenya for the happy couple?-
Old 11-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hulu - NBC TODAY Show: Save the Date! Royal Wedding Details Revealed
Old 11-24-2010, 02:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She will hopefully decide to take on some royal duties, to practice. However, there's no big royal event should could participate in.
You know...The only thing I can think of between now and the Wedding that would count as an official engagement would be attending along w/William the BAFTA's Awards Ceremony. Britain's Oscars for those who don't know what they are. :)

Isn't William now the President of the organization or at least Patron? I'm going on memory here from earlier this year, so feel free to correct my memory. :) Anyway...If so, then maybe?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I think that would be great although, Kate would have to leave from Buckingham Palace, William's grandparents home, rather than Clarence House which is now the Wale's home.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I also hope she doesn't have the gall to wear white.
Whyever not? White is not longer the colour of virginity, but for a first-time wedding.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:00 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I hate to bring out a slightly controversial analogy here, but would all those concerned about the cost of security for the royal wedding have similar views for a royal funeral, say that of Diana's?
Your tone comes across as rather sneering.