Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Official Visit to Pakistan - October 14-18, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The couple have also, for the first time, brought with them a tour doctor. He’s a friend of William’s from his days with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Normally only the Queen and the Prince of Wales take a medic with them.

Via Rebecca English Twitter

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have visited school children in Pakistan to mark the first day of their royal tour to the country.

Catherine and William spoke to pupils at a government-run college for disadvantaged girls in the Pakistan capital Islamabad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always love watching Catherine and William interacting with children; you can tell that they genuinely are enjoying themselves, even when William is sitting with his knees up around his ears in those kindergarten seats.

I also thought the photos of the Margalla Hills visit were particularly good.

The couple have also, for the first time, brought with them a tour doctor. He’s a friend of William’s from his days with the East Anglian Air Ambulance. Normally only the Queen and the Prince of Wales take a medic with them.

It makes sense, not only because of William's position in the line of succession, but also because of possible health risks in Pakistan.

Yep, as expected the couple made a "bella figura" at the arrival.

And their is a difference between on one hand Camilla and Diana, which wore feminized men's wear at the arrival, and Kate which looked like always at such occasions, but with trousers under the dress.

As I said: Bella Figura!

Diana and Camilla did not wear “feminized menswear,” they wore shalwar kameez (or at least clothing inspired by shalwar), which is a style widely worn by Pakistani women. Kate’s dress and pants are more like a different style of Pakistani women’s clothing, the anarkali. Two different styles, but both are thoroughly feminine clothes.

Mail Online have updated pics from tonight’s event

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7575707/William-Kate-Middleton-turn-Tuk-Tuk-Islamabad.html

“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrived in an auto rickshaw to a special reception on their second day of the royal tour.

The royal couple travelled to the historic Pakistan Monument in Islamabad on Tuesday evening for an event hosted by Thomas Drew, the British High Commissioner to Pakistan.

The event will showcase Pakistani music and culture. It follows a day which included a meeting with Prime Minister Imran Khan and a government-run school for students aged between four and 18.”

What a scene!! I love their arrival in a Rickshaw. This visit is beautiful and really showcasing Pakistan culture! What a beautiful tour!

The venue is gorgeous.

They both look terrific. Love the rickshaw. :lol:

I wonder whether that is related to the higher security risk or whether this is just the 'first' and they'll have one from now on.

Loved the footage and photos of the Cambridges visiting the schoolchildren in Islamabad. They both were making a real effort to chat to all the children and staff there. They've been very classy and graceful during this tour so far.

I wonder whether that is related to the higher security risk or whether this is just the 'first' and they'll have one from now on.

Most of their other tours of late have been to Europe or developed Commonwealth countries where they could perhaps more easily rely on the health care/hospitals of that country if needed. They also have the large RAF plane on this tour so maybe there is simply more room for a doctor without is costing more. The Queen and Charles have taken doctors with them for years and so maybe simply another sign they are stepping into Charles' role.

“When we informed Duke & Duchess of Cambridge about efforts of Samina Alvi for Breast Cancer Awareness in Pakistan they asked in detail about our campaign. It was Prince William's idea then, that we get the official photographs taken with pink ribbons. I pinned one to his pocket.”

- Dr Arif Alvi, President of Pakistan

** Pic **

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today carried out the following engagements in Islamabad, Pakistan.

> Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited Islamabad Model College for Girls.

> The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge afterwards visited the Margalla Hills.

> Their Royal Highnesses later called upon The President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Mrs Arif Alvi.

> The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon called upon Mr Imran Khan (Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan) and remained to Luncheon.

> Their Royal Highnesses this evening attended a Reception at the Pakistan Monument given by the High Commissioner to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (His Excellency Mr Thomas Drew).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 15 OCTOBER 2019

The vast mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, take in some of the world’s greatest peaks, like Everest and K2, and yet even here, in this remote and rugged landscape, you cannot escape the impact of man-made climate change.

It was the reason why the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge boarded a helicopter early this morning, and flew from Islamabad to the rugged northern region of Pakistan.

The scenery is breathtaking. And it’s an area of this country which the world rarely sees.

But William and Kate are here to see a glacier which is in retreat.

It is melting because the planet is warming.

The couple have never before seen a melting glacier in person and they asked to come here to show what Kensington Palace called "the very real consequences of global warming".
Read more: William and Kate head for remote Himalayan glacier to see impact of global warming

Yesterday The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with Pakistan President Arif Alvi.

Today The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited several inspiring community-led initiatives while in Bumburet, Northern Pakistan.

The initiatives aim to provide local communities with the tools they need to adjust to the changing landscape and weather patterns of the area.

During the visit Prince William also stressed that action on climate change "needs to happen soon" before we lose "many of the precious things we care about”.

The royal couple are now on the third day of their Royal tour and are exploring the impact climate change has had on the rural regions of Pakistan.

The photos and video of the Cambridges trip into northern Pakistan are wonderful, and really highlight some of the climate driven changes that the people there are experiencing. I've also loved some of the interactions with the people they've been meeting; it's clear that their visit has been very much appreciated. The connection with Diana was also very touching, and there were at least of couple of those moments that were lovely to see.

edited to add: The KP twitter account really has some wonderful footage of today's visit, including incredible views of the Hindu Kush, dancing, and the glacier.

Last edited:
I am loving the styling the couple have chosen for this visit. Catherine looks so lovely. The tuk tuk is a ten out ten for me. Enjoying all the wonderful colours also.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge today carried out the following engagements in Pakistan.

> Their Royal Highnesses this morning visited a glacier in Broghil National Park.

> The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon visited a flood site to learn of the impacts of climate change in Bumburet.

> Their Royal Highnesses afterwards viewed a first aid drill in Bumburet.

> The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge subsequently visited the Kalash Minority Village in Bumburet.

> Their Royal Highnesses this evening received the Chief of Army Staff (General Qamar Javed Bajwa) and Mrs Qamar Bajwa at the Residence of the British High Commissioner in Islamabad.

- COURT CIRCULAR || 16 OCTOBER 2019

Day 3 (4 counting arrival) they are traveling to Lahore.

Day 4 #RoyalsVisitPakistan takes William & Kate to the city of Lahore, where they will:
-Visit
@soschildrenpk
orphanage
-National Cricket Academy
- Badshahi Mosque
- Children’s cancer centre
@SKMCH
, where Princess Diana visited with
@ImranKhanPTI
in 1996/97

Red carpet literally being rolled out in preparation for the visit to the mosque

Last edited:

I think both William and Harry could make more of an effort in dressing up when arriving officially at a new spot of a royal tour! A jacket won´t hurt anybody (the men welcoming the Royals on the tarmac all wear uniform or a proper suit), a tie is not even needed.
From the women it is always expected to dress impeccably - and even then there are critics always finding something to moan about.

I cannot think of any other royal family where the men of the younger generation are dressed on an occasion like this so poorly like the british RF!
Again, i´m not expecting them to wear a suit all the time in a hot or tropical country - just for the official part at a new arrival would demonstrate some respect for the hosting country.

I agree 100% For the official arrival he should have worn a jacket and tie. He looks terribly casual compared to the impeccably dressed Duchess.

From yesterday. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have been given a colourful welcome to a settlement of the Kalash people on their tour of Pakistan. William and Kate watched a traditional dance and were presented with vibrantly coloured hats and scarves, with the duchess's colourful beaded headwear featuring a large fuschia feather.

Pass the cake!

Kate Middleton and Prince William continued their royal tour of Pakistan on Thursday as very special guests at a birthday party.

The royal couple headed to the SOS Children’s Village — a charity in Lahore that provides a home and family structure to over 150 boys and girls — to celebrate a young girl’s birthday with games, music and traditional Pakistani cakes.

Established in 1977, the organization started out with 15 family homes, to which another four have since been added, and promotes the development of children into happy, confident and resilient adults — a key cause of Kate’s royal work.

Read more: Kate and Prince William Make Surprise Visit to Young Girl's Birthday Party in Pakistan!

Back
Top Bottom