The Duchess of Cambridge Charities and Patronages 1: 2011- Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Mail's coverage is cringe worthy. The only good thing is their pictures . The class warfare is oozing of the article. When all three of go to the Harry Potter studio on Friday, the cost of William and Harry's suits won't be mentioned but Kate's dress will.

Onto today school trip, it looked like everybody had a great time. Loved lupo 's gift basket from Henry the dog- forget baby Cambridge gifts and get some snacks for Lupo. Watching the video, Kate had her hands full with her purse, the gift basket and flowers (Rebbeca seemed to be on the wrong side of the receiving line so she could not quickly clear the gifts out) but Kate still took her time to bend to kids eye level and talk to the kids that gave the gifts. I loved the speech's content but she messed up the delivery.

What was she supposed to wear a potato sack?
oh I know she should have fitted in with the area not raised the exoectations of little children by wearing nylon trackies, a hoodie and ugg boots with a car badge she nicked off of one of the QEII fleet on a chain and accessorized with a supersized Maccas coke and a smoldering fag hanging out of her mouth.

The little thugs oops I meant kiddies would have felt so much better about her visit to their school and looked much more like the 'princesses' that they are used to seeing in the streets.

The Daily Mail should be hauled over the coals for this one honestly what a deliberate attempt at hate building and provocation.

What was she supposed to wear a potato sack?
oh I know she should have fitted in with the area not raised the exoectations of little children by wearing nylon trackies, a hoodie and ugg boots with a car badge she nicked off of one of the QEII fleet on a chain and accessorized with a supersized Maccas coke and a smoldering fag hanging out of her mouth.

The little thugs oops I meant kiddies would have felt so much better about her visit to their school and looked much more like the 'princesses' that they are used to seeing in the streets.

The Daily Mail should be hauled over the coals for this one honestly what a deliberate attempt at hate building and provocation.

Why on earth did you feel the need to refer to these children as thugs? That's even more offensive than what the Daily Mail wrote.

I think the post in general and the use of "thugs" was meant to be sarcastic - or that's how I read it.

I think the post in general and the use of "thugs" was meant to be sarcastic - or that's how I read it.

You're right. I just re-read it and I was far too quick to judge.

As the Queen Mother once said, as she dressed up to visit the bombed out East End during WWII, "of course I'll wear my best to see them, they'd wear their best to come see me."

I just got the chance to watch her speech, and wow! While her delivery does still need some work, her message was fantastic, plus it looks like this initiative was her idea and she was responsible for bringing these two charities together to launch a totally new initiative and some original research.

If that's the case... their work behind the scenes is a lot more comprehensive than they get credit for, and the Royal Foundation will be interesting to watch in the coming years.

The Q Mum was a classic. I would bet she read the DM and called it the Daily Laugh for the humor it provided. :lol:

I just got the chance to watch her speech, and wow! While her delivery does still need some work, her message was fantastic, plus it looks like this initiative was her idea and she was responsible for bringing these two charities together to launch a totally new initiative and some original research.

If that's the case... their work behind the scenes is a lot more comprehensive than they get credit for, and the Royal Foundation will be interesting to watch in the coming years.

I agree, I loved Catherine's message and the work she, the Royal Foundation and charities are doing.

I'm in full agreement with you.

I saw a snippet of her speech at the addiction place and it was very good. Only problem was her flipping her head to get her hair out of the way, every few words.

Last edited:
I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.

I am disappointed with how few organisations kate is involved with so far, 92 year old Prince Philip is patrron of over 800 organisations! Hopefully the younger royals will continue to take on more responsibilities and ease the burden on the older royals.

We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain. :)

We have to take into consideration too that Philip has been a full time working royal for as long as his wife has been on the throne. That's 61 years now. Kate's a part time royal. If the Firm is happy with things the way they are, I can't complain. :)

I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.

Probably in the not-too-distant future the Queen and DoE won't be around any more - and there will suddenly be a massive void in the royal workload - over 1000 organisations no longer with Royal patrons, and hundreds of fewer engagements being carried out. The Queen's children are working at full capacity but the younger 3 could be doing much more. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens in the next few years after the baby comes along.

Another solution could be for Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie to be on the royal payroll, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Last edited:
I completely agree that Kate is a new royal and Philip has been around for decades, but I think she is capable of doing much much more. i don't want to sound like one of the Waity Kate bashers on here but I think if she was more like Princess Anne (or even the Queen!) then she would be even more popular.

She is doing much more. She's about to provide the House of Windsor with an heir to the throne. I would bet though that by the time she is as old as the Princess Royal, she'll have a workload as heavy if not heavier. She'll be Queen Consort long before that.

The Duchess of Cambridge's royal duties will increase over time. Can't really compare her to the veteran royals.

We have to remember that The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh's and other royals official duties also increased over time back in the day. They didn't start out with hundreds of charities and hundreds of official duties. It's a gradual process that takes years to develop.

Catherine will be adding more charitable patronages to her list as time goes on.

I also believe that the decision to continue with their patronages needs to be made by HM and the DoE. They'll retire when they are ready.:)

I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.

Truer words were never spoken.

I honestly believe Catherine will be one of the greatest assets in the BRF. She has the necessary people skills especially with children to truly make a difference.

You said it :clap:.

RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 1h
According to Hello, Kate is planning to join a new Scout group in London

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate Middleton to open Edinburgh arts charity - Edinburgh Evening News

A NEW arts charity is to get the royal seal of approval after it was revealed it will be officially opened by the Duchess of Cambridge.
Scotland’s first branch of charity The Art Room, of which new mum Kate is royal patron, will be based at the Wester Hailes Education Centre (WHEC) from January.

Fantastic. Always look forward to engagements with Catherine and children. They are always magical occasions.

Fantastic. Always look forward to engagements with Catherine and children. They are always magical occasions.

You and me both. Catherine and children is always a wonderful combination. Never fails to make me smile :D.

Action on Addiction @ActionAddiction · 9h
We are thrilled HRH The Duchess of Cambridge will be seeing the progress of M-PACT Plus on 1 July @_Place2Be @ClarenceHouse #mpactplus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom