Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy' - Telegraph

Old 02-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy':
Why we should welcome the 'feminisation of the monarchy' - Telegraph
I'm sorry but not everything is related to feminism, jeez.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Royal Highness

Well,in one point they are correct-charities have always been largely dominated and supported by women.Royal women were no exception and often did wonderful things for their citizens like opening schools,hospitals or lending money when disaster struck a family.Of course reigning monarchs also do it for PR and to be popular in order to stay in power but most of the people involved truly felt for poor people and tried to relieve their suffering.
I am happy that the Duchess is following the tradition of women before her and works for charity.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Action on Addiction is a really good charity. I'm glad to see Kate back to public duties.

Well she's obviously doing public engagements, since she has one in a few weeks (and its been announced that she's in contact and making arrangements for future engagements).
It'll be obvious when we see it! Until now it's what we r told!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Even when there is an announce date of when she will be seen working (in less than 2 weeks), you interpreted it has if the palace is lying?

And her going to the NPG (one of her patronage) in January was not enough obviously for some, who got a lot of money and visitors from that visit.

Other than the bodyguards, Will and Kate don't get paid by the British taxpayers.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january
Old 02-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
No, I don't say they are lying. She will do that public duty in 2 weeks.

What I don't quite believe is she was working during january
So those patronage were lying about her meeting, keeping in contact with them? Her sending arts to those kids and her calling the hospitals asking about those kids that she met?
Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Majesty

I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you,Dman,that´s right!Most of the work is unseen by the public.
But let me tell you-no matter in what job you work someone will come and tell you it is not so difficult.My mother works as a nurse and she has long working hours,physical labour and constantly needs to learn about new medications but still some people believe the only thing she does is to bring breakfast and ask if the patient has slept well;-)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Courtier

The truth of the matter is .... for some people Katherine will NEVER do enough. And they will be judgemental, resentful and jealous no matter what.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Royal Highness

^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal
Old 02-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it's good to watch the Documentary 'Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work' you will see how much work the royal family do behind the scenes as well as in public. They are very busy people and you'll see just because you don't see them on public duties, doesn't mean they are just sitting at home painting their toe nails while watching Downton Abbey.
Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Majesty

The Duchess of Cambridge has been working hard and I'm sure she will do a fine job as a fulltime member of the royal family. She will be adding more charities of her choice to her royal patronage. Members of the royal family care a great deal about their charities and the people (men, women and children) who benefit from these charities.

I think it's fair to keep in mind that Catherine has Hyperemesis gravidarum. She's obviously not suing her sickness to get out of her royal duties but just trying to deal with that and her work at the sametime. The palace has said that she's getting better and working. Most likely she will follow her doctors advice and if things get a bit tricky again ( I hope not) then she will do what she have to do.

I just think we need to calm down and look forward to her future official engagements.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Now that is one fantastic book/series! Pictures are incredible. I agree with you on that. :)
I have the book and DVD of the series. I hope the royal family do another series like that in the future. It was very good and insightful. There's so much that goes into running a "Firm" like that.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't see anyone saying that the she is completely overwhelmed with work. What I see people saying is that even though she's not doing engagements 24/7, she is still working behind the scenes (meeting with charities, doing research, etc). As is being pointed out, there is more to royal duties than just showing up and shaking hands.
Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^ Oh, another "resentful", "jealous", blah blah blah post

I know lots of the work is done in the backstage. I watched the documentary "The Royal Family at Work" and enjoyed it very much. I have no doubts kate does lot of work we don't see and never said the palace was lying (though is obvious the palace may do that sometimes) about her work, nor her charities were lying. What I doubt is that the work is THAT MUCH. Keeping in contact with kids, calling once in a while to have news about them is such a hard work If she works so much being a part-time royal with a few charities imagine how tiring it will be for her when a full-time royal
Extreme response much?
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Nor do I see anyone saying she does nothing all day long. I was just trying to say that her current workload is obviously not even 1/4 of what we see in the documentary. Obviously she does work behind the scenes but just don't tell me she's very busy, working very hard....
I've seen many people on this forum saying Kate does nothing all day.

I dont think anyone believes that Kate's current workload is similar to what we see in the documentary. I mean, shes only a part-time royal (a new one at that), so she obviously has a lighter schedule. As for how busy she is or isn't, I can't say. Only she and her staff know that.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Hmmm... there's a difference between putting in a lot of hours working on certain projects and organizing things and attending events and hard work/labor which is plowing the fields, building a barn and killing, cleaning and cooking three meals a day and still have time to make the family's clothes.

I would say Kate puts a lot of effort into what she does but a scullery maid she is not and neither am I.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I volunteer with a cancer charity. My responsibility is keeping up with patients who have come to us to request assistance. I and another person call them every three or four months to let them know that we are thinking of them. We ask how they are doing, and then listen to what they have to say. It is terribly emotionally draining, sometimes you hear things you wish you didn't. To say that Kate's keeping up with kids (especially kids!) isn't hard work, is to not know the toll it can take on a human being.