The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I have thought about this day and night upon hearing the joyous news of the birth, and I am convinced it will be twins:

If the Her Royal Highness issues forth two girls, they shall be called Diana and Camilla. Camilla will inherit, regardless of birth order.

Should Her Royal Highness should birth both a son and a daughter, they will be christened David and Wallis. Wallis will force her way out first. The grave of the Queen Mother will show signs of movement.

In the unlikely event twin sons are born to the Duke and Duchess, they will be called Juan and Two. I am uncertain as to which one will be born first.
Now that's what I call sticking your neck out Ms. Giraffe.

I absolutely love your sense of humor!!

Old 12-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Hahahaha! Great post!

I'd love a Prince George or a Princess Carolina!
IMO George and Carolina are lovely names and I'd also like to see a Prince George and a Princess Carolina . Carolina also works because Catherine's mother is called Carole, and Carolina is quite similar!

"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for a laugh, Gracie Giraffe!

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think it would be nice if the Cambridges stayed traditional but yet be a little creative with the baby naming.

Like Alexis for a girl and Christian for a boy. Or Alexander for a boy and Christina for a girl. Or Klarisse for a girl and Tristan for a boy. Then they could apply family names afterwards.

I think the family have seen enough Henry's, James's, Philips and Charles's as first names.
I hope they don't branch out so much that they use Alexis or Klarisse. Alexis is a boys' name originally. It's been used for girls for a long time but I would think that in their circle it is firmly a masculine name. It would be odd for them to have a daughter by the same name as Nicholas II's son(Alexei is the Russian form of the same name). And Klarisse is not a legitimate spelling or form of Clarissa in any language although I do love the name Clarissa.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Well, I just think they should be creative with the names. Of course I will happily accept the names they officially come up with. I think being creative with the names would be good for the modern royal family.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Well, I just think they should be creative with the names. Of course I will happily accept the names they officially come up with. I think being creative with the names would be good for the modern royal family.
I think they should be creative as far as choosing something they like the way Victoria of Sweden seemed to do. However, I still think the name should be gender appropriate and not have a made up spelling or be one of the new popular made up names. I don't want to see a prince Brayden or anything like that.

I do think they will end up using one of the same old tired names the family always uses which won't be very exciting. But of course I'm hoping otherwise.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Commoner

I'm just hoping they don't choose Arhthur as the principal name.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePat10 View Post
I'm just hoping they don't choose Arhthur as the principal name.
There's also the chance that if a son, it will be named after his father. William.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've thought it over for awhile now, and at this point, my top two names for a girl are Charlotte and Adelaide and my top pick for a boy is Philip.

I'm so excited about this baby. What a nice thing to look forward to this year.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I've thought it over for awhile now, and at this point, my top two names for a girl are Charlotte and Adelaide and my top pick for a boy is Philip.

I'm so excited about this baby. What a nice thing to look forward to this year.
I really do like those names too. Very regal if you ask me. I think I'm going to stick with my original brain blip of Georgiana for a girl and no serious feelings about a name for a boy yet.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Nobility

If its a girl, definitely Elizabeth with Diana as the middle name

As for boy, perhaps Philip or Charles/Albert
Old 01-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Thanks for a laugh, Gracie Giraffe!

Happy New Year everyone.
Happy New Year to you too!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Serene Highness

I'm really hoping for a girl. Another reigning Queen in the way would be wonderful (we already have two Kings-in-waiting).

Girl - HRH Princess Elizabeth Victoria Diana Carole of Cambridge.

Boy - HRH Prince Edward Philip Michael Charles of Cambridge.

For godparent: Prince Harry, Pippa, Hugh van Cutsem and the Countess of Wessex. Maybe the Queen if the little girl will be named after Her Majesty.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Wouldn't it be a real hoot if they had boy/girl twins and named them Elizabeth and Philip?
Old 01-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I really do like those names too. Very regal if you ask me. I think I'm going to stick with my original brain blip of Georgiana for a girl and no serious feelings about a name for a boy yet.
Charlotte, Georgiana and Adelaide are all fantastic. All are very real possibilities. They could name the baby Catherine after her mother - not a name used by the BRF, but very traditional nevertheless.

IMO, it won't be Charlotte. It's too popular now and the BRF don't tend to follow trends regarding anything. Although it would be lovely - there almost was a Queen Charlotte rather than a Queen Victoria in the 19th Century but for Charlotte's untimely death. Charlotte is also the feminine version of Charles.

I'm virtually certain the name Diana will appear for a girl, but I do hope it's tucked somewhere in the middle - too much baggage for this child who will already have some big shoes to fill.

As for a boy, looking at the family tree, the names for British princes are much more mundane. Too many George's, Henry's and Edwards, IMO. I myself would like to see them branch out a bit with a very traditional but perhaps so far unused name. Alexander, perhaps. I could easily see Phillip.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Gentry

I believe she's expecting a baby girl and she will have Elizabeth (after her mother, maternal grandmother and great-grandmother) and Diana (after her paternal grandmother) somewhere in her name.

Maybe they'll call her Elizabeth Diana Eleonor Grace
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

If it's a girl, then IMO Elizabeth won't be a Christian name, but a middle name instead. Here's my guess for a girl:

Victoria Elizabeth Diana Caroline- or maybe some of the Hanoverian names like Sophia, Charlotte, Adelaide and Amelia. I love the name Carlota but I don't think they'll choose it. Sophie is also a pretty name but we already have a Sophie in the BRF.

Here's my guess for a boy: If it's a boy then IMO the names Philip, William, Henry and Charles will definatly be in there somewhere. I don't think Charles will be used as a Christian name as we already have two people in the RF called Charles; the PoW and Viscount Linley's eldest son. So here's my guess for a boy:

George William Charles Henry or George Albert Philip Charles

I also love names like Christian, Edward and Leopold. But somehow I don't think they'll be used.

For godparents, I'd say probably Tom van Straubenzee, Prince Harry, Lord Max Percy and Lady Melissa Percy. Maybe some of the Spencers instead? Also, I read somewhere that the Devonshires are friends with the royal family so maybe someone like Bill Burlington? Although I don't know how friendly he is towards William and Harry. Just my guesses.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I'm virtually certain the name Diana will appear for a girl, but I do hope it's tucked somewhere in the middle - too much baggage for this child who will already have some big shoes to fill..
I'm hoping it doesn't appear at all! Remember the fuss when Earl Spencer named the daughter of his current wife Charlotte Diana?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I'm hoping it doesn't appear at all! Remember the fuss when Earl Spencer named the daughter of his current wife Charlotte Diana?
I really hope they put Diana somewhere in the child's name

What a lovely tribute
Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Girl - Mary Elizabeth Carol Diana
Boy - Albert Charles Phillip Michael

As for god parents: We need some royals, and Norway and Denmark are "family" so count the Crown Princely couples in, and probably Prince Harry. Then there has to be some non-royal family members, so Peter Phillips, Pippa and James Middelton are possible choices. I don't know what ratio they use in England in terms of godparents (ie if it's a girl, there are three female and two male god parents; if it's a boy, there are three male and two female godparents). Or is it just a big free-for-all for the couple to chose whomever they like