The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I think royal babies are traditionally and exclusively christened in the Music Room at BP.
Not really William was the last one . Harry was St George's Chapel in Windsor. Bea - Chapel Royal at SJP if I remember correctly, Eugenie was done at a public service at the church in Sandringham because everybody was there for Christmas. Louise and James were at the private chapel at Windsor Castle I believe.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Music Room is where William and Charles were baptised.

It is lesser royals who are christened in St George's such as Harry.
Edward VII was baptized at St George's.

There doesn't seem to be a huge "royals are baptized in this room," although BP does seem to be preferred.

Edward VII was baptized in St. George's chapel. His elder sister was baptized in BP's Throne Room, while all his younger siblings were baptized at BP's Private Chapel (except for Alfred, who was baptized at Windsor Castle's Private Chapel).

Edward's intended heir, Albert Victor, was baptized at the Private Chapel of BP, while his actual heir, George V, was baptized at St. George's. Edward VII's daughters were all baptized at Marlborough House.

Edward VIII was baptized at the Drawing Room of White Lodge, while three of his siblings were baptized at St. Mary Magdalene's Church and the other two were baptized in the Private Chapel at Windsor Castle.

Elizabeth and Margaret were both baptized at BP's Private Chapel, although they were the children of the spare when they were born.

Charles and Anne were both baptized in the Music Room, while Andrew was baptized in the Belgian Suite at BP and Edward was baptized at Windsor's Private Chapel, as were both his children.

Peter and William were both baptized at the Music Room, while Harry was baptized at St. George's. I'm not sure about Zara. Beatrice was baptized at the Chapel Royal at St. James, and Eugenie was baptized at St. Mary Magdalene's.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Why does it appear Kate has not included her side and has moved to the house of Windsor almost 100%?

Talk about appeasement?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Why does it appear Kate has not included her side and has moved to the house of Windsor almost 100%?

Talk about appeasement?
What? Explain what you mean cos this does not make sense

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

What? Explain what you mean cos this does not make sense
Well clearly Catherine's abandoned her Middleton family because she didn't include them in George's name in any way.

That she's currently at her family's home means nothing. Nor does the fact that the first family members to meet Baby George were his maternal grandparents.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post

Talk about appeasement?
I really don't see it that way at all. Both William and Kate know their first born child will one day be King and there's a lot of protocol, history, tradition and such that have to be called into play when naming their child. As a future Queen Consort of William V, her role in the monarchy is pretty well established. As a member of the House of Windsor, she knows what the royal life entails and what will be required of her. William even mentioned that one reason they dated for so long was to make sure that the life in the royal fishbowl would be something that Kate could live and adapt with. So far she's been doing a tremendous job.

I don't see either William or Kate sidelining the Middleton family at all. I would be willing to bet that any future children they have will reflect on both sides of the family as there is less pressure on the spares to do things traditionally.

I think they both did a tremendous job with naming the wee one George Alexander Louis. They liked the names. There's been too much trying to read meanings into things that most likely are not there.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Courtier

Kate's parents were the first to visit and Kate, William and little George are spending the first few weeks of his life with them that is hardly being sidelined. So his name isn't a Middleton name none of the Middletons were destined to be King. I doubt they care and I bet at least one Middleton will be a god parent and they will know George very well. Kate and William have done everything they can to keep the Middletons very much a part of their lives. I have no idea where you get the idea they have been sidelined it's the exact opposite.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Well clearly Catherine's abandoned her Middleton family because she didn't include them in George's name in any way.

That she's currently at her family's home means nothing. Nor does the fact that the first family members to meet Baby George were his maternal grandparents.
Get a grip. You don't abandon your family cos of the names you choose! Why, for once, don't you take the information as read - they chose the names cos they liked them. Nothing about favouring one family over another or any crap like that. They liked the names and they chose them.

Easy to understand and cuts out all the rubbish. I like that - what about you?

If you want to find problems - there are heaps of stuff for you to sift over - this isn't one of them

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:

When Kate accepted to marry the future king of the UK, she implicitly agreed to fulfill her duties of the role. Whether she compromised on the names of her baby, we'll never know. However, she seems to be very willing to make a good wife to the future king and a good mother to a future king. And for that, she deserves all the due respect.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Guys, sarcasm.

Which I thought was made clear by the second part of my post, but I guess not.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I got the sarcasm.

As for GPs I want to see James and Harry and no Spencer's.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I got the sarcasm.

I think Jane or Sarah would be fine. Honestly, I'd love to see Zara as one though
Old 07-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I got the sarcasm.

Well someone got it!

I'm not sure if I want the siblings to be godparents or not. It is a huge honour, yes, but there's also the fact that you can't honour everyone, and if you make some selections you risk offending others. If anything, I think Harry and Pippa both got honoured by being included in the wedding, it's time to honour James and possibly save Pippa and Harry as potential godparents for future children.

I think we're likely to see one Middleton, one close M-W, one Windsor/A-J, a couple friends, and possibly one Greek royal. I don't know if there's a minimum age requirement, but I think it'd be cute if Constantine - who was William's first godson - was named as a godparent.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Serene Highness

I think Lady Louise would make a smashing godmother. Is she too young, outrageously so? Well, think about how old she will be when George is 8 years old--18 or so? When George is ten, twenty years old? I have no idea what the rules on age limits are. I can't see why the Greeks are so much favored but I am ignorant of that side of the family. I don't know how old Constantine is but he probably is old enough, but would he take this job with some degree of seriousness? It is taking a responsibility, not merely an honor.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well someone got it!

I'm not sure if I want the siblings to be godparents or not. It is a huge honour, yes, but there's also the fact that you can't honour everyone, and if you make some selections you risk offending others. If anything, I think Harry and Pippa both got honoured by being included in the wedding, it's time to honour James and possibly save Pippa and Harry as potential godparents for future children.

I think we're likely to see one Middleton, one close M-W, one Windsor/A-J, a couple friends, and possibly one Greek royal. I don't know if there's a minimum age requirement, but I think it'd be cute if Constantine - who was William's first godson - was named as a godparent.
It might be a requirement to be confirmed? Do all godparents have to be CoE? I guess not because King Constantine (one of William's godparents) is probably Greek Orthodox, no? Anyway, I wonder if Pippa and James were confirmed, given that Kate wasn't until shortly before her marriage. Perhaps that would disqualify them....any CoE scholars out there? I'm Catholic and one godparent needs to be a confirmed, practicing Catholic in our religion (at least that's how it was at our church.)
Old 07-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Courtier

The CoE's website section on godparents doesn't list any requirements for godparents other than being willing to see the child be brought up with Christ.

Louise would be an interesting choice she could be a big sister type to George. Kate and Louise always look like they are having fun when they are together.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Nobility

I just realized Frederick would be the perfect name for baby George's little brother (if he ever had one). George and Fred.... how amazingly cool. And so Harry Potter...
Old 07-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I just realized Frederick would be the perfect name for baby George's little brother (if he ever had one). George and Fred.... how amazingly cool. And so Harry Potter...
And they already have a Harry in the family
And Louis is the name of a son of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour...

coincidence...?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Nobility

If Kate was around Louise and James enough she could have put her skill to the test some, esp. with James ... five year old boys are a hoot!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Courtier

You have to be at least 18 to be a Godparent I don't know any churches where that is different. They prefer you to be in the same religion but it isn't always essential. I don't think Princess Anne would get chosen she has her own grandchildren and more on the way. I think Harry for sure and one of the Middleton siblings the others it depends he is a future King so they could choose people we have never heard off. But I think William and Kate will choose close friends, people who they can trust. I could see Peter or Zara both boys are close to them and they got so close when their mother passed away.