The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

Who's family? I'd say its about even in the Windsors these days. And I haven't a clue with the Middletons

EDIT: And girls definitely run in the Spencers
Catherine's genetics do nothing in determining the gender of the baby - she only has an X chromosome to give. It's William who's contribution has the deciding factor there - either he gave an X chromosome or a Y. There are 50 male-line descendants of George I of Greece (Prince Philip's grandfather), 25 male and 25 female. Statistically it's a 50/50 chance, and there's no history of one gender happening more or less often in the family.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Why? The baby doesn't care what color it is and the buggy functions the same way either way.

I know a lot of people won't do it, but that's changing. People are recognizing that colors do not need to be strictly tied to gender.
The baby does not care but mosts dads do care what color buggy the little man is put in. You could not have paid my husband to put either of our sons in a pink buggy.

If you wanted to appeal to the baby's tastes you would go black and white with bold swaths of RED and then YELLOW in bold contrasting shapes. Babies see in black and white and then eventually reds, then yellows and blues. Totally unbaby like - but think of the favorite Sesame Street characters, big yellow birds, blue cookie monsters with black and white eyes, a bright green grouch, a bright red Elmo all with black and white eyes that jump out at you. My son loved his tiny little Winnie the Pooh for this reason - he could work out what it was, a face. They are not interested in the pastels because they can't see them and distinguish them. Which means the nurseries are for the parents' pleasure not the babies. We all fall into that.

These outdoor things get really dirty, really quickly. Pink is completely impractical and I think a big pink buggy is really naff looking. I once saw a couple marching along on the streets of New York - the man holding five boys and then came the mother, pushing a huge pink carriage swathed in tulle. It looked like a chariot. I'll bet that little girl had about four princessy names too, but I suppose I'm way off topic here. That's what I think of pink carriages.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I think if I had a baby girl, I wouldn't want a pink carriage; a little too cutesy for me, but that's my taste.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Catherine's genetics do nothing in determining the gender of the baby - she only has an X chromosome to give. It's William who's contribution has the deciding factor there - either he gave an X chromosome or a Y. There are 50 male-line descendants of George I of Greece (Prince Philip's grandfather), 25 male and 25 female. Statistically it's a 50/50 chance, and there's no history of one gender happening more or less often in the family.
Actually, it is thought that the woman's secretions determine which type of sperm is more likely to survive the hours or days necessary for conception. I think the X swimmers prefer a more acid like environment and the Y swimmers a more base like environment, and most women have more neutral environments. This is why on occasion there are women with 7 or 8 of one gender - can't really tell if a woman has just two kids - that might just be luck of the draw.

I am not sure if the woman's environment is a genetic factor or not. But I think for the most part, it's all up to chance.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

Actually, it is thought that the woman's secretions determine which type of sperm is more likely to survive the hours or days necessary for conception. I think the X swimmers prefer a more acid like environment and the Y swimmers a more base like environment, and most women have more neutral environments. This is why on occasion there are women with 7 or 8 of one gender - can't really tell if a woman has just two kids - that might just be luck of the draw.

I am not sure if the woman's environment is a genetic factor or not. But I think for the most part, it's all up to chance.
According to the Shettles Method, Y swimmers are faster, but don't live as long in the acidic women's environment, so if you want a boy you have to have sex closer to ovulation, in a position that allows for deeper penetration, and preferably involves female orgasm (which lowers the acidicy of the environment). If the sex is had further away from ovulation, and doesn't involve deep penetration or female orgasm then the X swimmers are more likely to survive and hit the egg.

So, really, it could just be that men who have multiple daughters and no sons are just bad lovers.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

I think the boy would have it easier than a girl would. Look at the coverage that Suri Cruise and Harper Beckham gets. With girls you have fashion issues, weight issues and hair/make up issues that boys don't have to worry about. Now throw in that baby Cambridge is the future monarch and if a girl will be compared to the queen, Diana, Kate and Pippa.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Nobility

Of course, if we all remember what we learned in school - the father determines the child's gender.End of story.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

So if William wants a girl, blame him if they have a boy!
Old 04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Nobility

When my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother, she found out in August 1995 around the 6 or 7-week mark after missing 1 period (her last one had started June 27th), and told the family in October (other than my dad, whom she told right away) around Thanksgiving weekend. My parents didn't know what they were having but my grandpa (paternal) somehow did. He wrote in his journal around that time that my mom and dad were expecting a BOY the first week of April '96. My brother was born by C-section the third week of January ten weeks early, after a partial placental separation resulting in a 30-hour labour.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Also, a good 30 years ago, a friend of one of my mom's coworkers was told by her doctor that she was having a girl. She decorated the nursery all pink, but when the baby was born, it was a boy! So she had to go out and buy blue wallpaper.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Courtier

My husbands niece had a baby about 4 years ago...she had two ultrasounds and was told it was going to be a girl. She had a boy.

LaRae
Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is why you buy yellow and greens instead of blues and pinks.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 04-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I agree with the above. Most parents will not buy pink for their son or blue for their daughter. But again I take the story with a grain of salt because of the source.
Actually - to the baby, they prefer brights or deep colours - it is more stimulating for their little brains. That's why you have recently seen baby lines developed that feature bold patterns in black/white and red, blue, yellow, green, purple patterns. Baby blue and pink may make US feel something - but bold colors make babies feel the vibe.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I think the boy would have it easier than a girl would. Look at the coverage that Suri Cruise and Harper Beckham gets. With girls you have fashion issues, weight issues and hair/make up issues that boys don't have to worry about. Now throw in that baby Cambridge is the future monarch and if a girl will be compared to the queen, Diana, Kate and Pippa.
I somewhat understand what you're saying. Women calls for bigger fashion discussions than men.
If they have a girl, she'll be the spotlight of girl's fashion FOREVER, while if they have a boy, the hype will not be that huge but only mediocre.
But for some reason, I really want a girl this time around, it would be so precious to see Charles, William and Harry, all guys, spoil the little baby girl.
Its been a while since a family in direct line to the throne had girls, the last was Anne.
I wouldn't mind if they had also girls, just for a change
Old 04-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

The guys can spoil a boy also teaching him to shoot,ride, play football, etc. There is already 2 little girls with Savannah and Isla. I also like the irony of the government rushing a law thru and the baby turns out to be a boy.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
Ah yes - lucky she didn't buy a green buggy - because then she would expect a baby from Mars
Ooooh....Good one!!! Which was followed up by this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Either that, or our favorite Duchess had some Green Elixir that a traveling salesman from a faraway land offered her while William was off rescuing some poor soul lost on the Welsh coast...
And I was listening to the soundtrack from Wicked just then too. ROTFLOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Well, I blame that more on the Mothers of those two girls. If they didn't want their kids getting attention and photographed, when means in turn so do they, then they would dress those two little ones far more normally IMO.

If Baby Cambridge is a Princess, I can't see it happening. More like we've seen w/little Princess Estelle of Sweden. W/her, unless it's something that calls for something more dressy, like the Christmas and First Birthday pictures, Estelle is usually seen dressed like any other normal child her age.

That's the way it should be too.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Ooooh....Good one!!! Which was followed up by this...

Well, I blame that more on the Mothers of those two girls. If they didn't want their kids getting attention and photographed, when means in turn so do they, then they would dress those two little ones far more normally IMO.

If Baby Cambridge is a Princess, I can't see it happening. More like we've seen w/little Princess Estelle of Sweden. W/her, unless it's something that calls for something more dressy, like the Christmas and First Birthday pictures, Estelle is usually seen dressed like any other normal child her age.

That's the way it should be too.
Agreed. I don't think Kate will dress her as a prop. And let's not forget Kim Kardashian ....who apparently is having a girl.,can you imagine a lifetime of comparisons (if kims candle burns that long) . That alone is enough to Make me wish for a boy
Old 04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post

Oh, so glad to see that someone got my reference . I'm going to see the production for the seventh time on Friday, so I just couldn't resist.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

Kate gets photographed almost every time she goes outside. There is a demand for her and there will be a demand for baby Cambridge photos. CP Victoria and Princess Estelle are not in demand. Most people in America don't know who CP Victoria is.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

If I was Catherine (presuming that they know the sex of the baby), I'd totally mislead people just for the kicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Oh, so glad to see that someone got my reference . I'm going to see the production for the seventh time on Friday, so I just couldn't resist.
I'm not at all jealous
Have you seen Rachel Tucker as Elphaba? I will regret for the rest of my life not having seen her in Wicked (living in Denmark absolutely sucks) because she has some of the best vocals I've ever heard.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Closed Thread

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge