The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Commoner

Look around the thumb area, it looks red and splotchy. I wonder what wrong cookie jar he stuck his hand in to get that rash?

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 AM
Commoner

He seems very relaxed n comfortable in d meeting, hope he enjoyed d vacation

Old 04-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post
Look around the thumb area, it looks red and splotchy. I wonder what wrong cookie jar he stuck his hand in to get that rash?
Probably got bit by a horse.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Gentry

Yeah, that´s true! I didn´t see that... lol Maybe he had some kind of a rash or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post
Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM
Nobility

My goodness!!
I didn't noticed it at first, it looks as if he burned got burned.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

May 2009

Mohammed Bin Rashid gives directives to employ national orphans
Article

Mohammed Bin Rashid Approves "Emirates Competitiveness Council" to enhance the county's competitive strategy
Article

Mohammed bin Rashid meets Arab media leadership
Article

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Arab League's Secretary General
Article

Mohammed bin Rashid opens Aswaq shopping mall in Dubai
Article
Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Mohammed Bin Rashid gives directives to employ national orphans
Article
Thanks TD. You always find interesting information!

I dont understand the article completely. Shouldn't these kids go to school first and then decide if they want to join the police or not? And why don't they have a guardian. If there is no family available, then there is someone else responsible? I dont understand. Can anyone tell me what this is about? Is this a specific problem in UAE?
Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Nobility

Oh mine, these children must go to school before deciding what they want to do in life I think.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Gentry

Time for some serious shopping....

"His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, will formally open The Dubai Mall today."

Gulfnews: Mohammad to open Dubai Mall
Old 05-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Well, it's a nice place. But I don't acually understand why it should be "formally open". Advertising company?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Aristocracy

Mohammed attends AUD graduation ceremony
Old 05-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Courtier

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/05/15/72902.html

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Commoner

There was again an e-session of Sheikh Mohammed:

UAE Prime Minister

much more interesting than last time. There are also some more privat questions for example if Mo is reading books or how he is motivating his children to be ambitious and achieve excellence in all their endeavors.

as I read the 11. question I really had to laugh. Poor men - he is afraid that the women in the UAE will be more powerful than men.
Let the men's emancipation start!
The western world has experienced that over 40 years ago - and I think we had the same discussions.

It is much to read - and I'm not ready now
Old 06-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Gentry

Very interesting questions! i like the most those about his diet and what he eat, those are the funniest! :-D
Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Commoner

Those were great answers! Very impressive. that one man was very scared that women would take over. haha. Shk Mo put him on the right path though. You gotta love it.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

June 2009

Mohammed Bin Rashid approves Dubai General Plan
Article

Full text of H.H Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid's article in Wall Street Journal
Article

Mohammed Bin Rashid renews confidence in DIFC, DFSA
Article
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

Paris Hilton in Dubai

Don't know what to make of this article. Should we take it seriously? But i post it anyway.... Too funny to let go especially the last sentence.....

International Stupidity: The next season of Paris Hilton’s My New BFF will shoot in Dubai, with a cast of contestants made up half of women from the Middle East and half of women from elsewhere who currently live there. Apparently, in order to adhere to local sensibilities, the show will be stripped of its more risqué elements — that means no booze and as little swearing and revealing clothing as possible. Also, Dubai’s top dog, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, personally had to approve the show, which he did; apparently, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a huge fan of The Hottie & the Nottie.

50 Cent: Yes, Still Acting -- Vulture -- Entertainment & Culture Blog -- New York Magazine
Old 06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Gentry

Sheikh Mohammed visited with his Derby hopeful, Kite Wood, today at the Godolphin Stables.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vg7cwn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/53r4pg.jpg
Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Afrashad! Is that the Epsom Derby?
Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1 View Post
Hi Afrashad! Is that the Epsom Derby?
Yes, it is. Princess Haya will also be represented by a horse in the field on Saturday, so both should be in attendence.

Tags
current events, dubai, dubai ruler, mohammed, moscow, russia, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, sheikh mohammed current events, visit