Princess Haya current events 2: February-October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tx--was this in conjunction with the Japanese PM's visit?

kaffir said:
tx--was this in conjunction with the Japanese PM's visit?

yes it was from conjunction with Japanese PM visit.

Wowow I like this pic really she is very cute and she respect the other country look she wear something seem like Japanese:flowers:

azrayy said:
yes it was from conjunction with Japanese PM visit.

Looks like she's now doing more and more representing duties as the ruler's wife. I think that she does a good job but I wonder what the locals think about that though.
I admire her for her engery and involvement in many good things but sometimes I have the feeling she's involved in too many different things and there is no "red line". People might wonder what she's really standing for. Just a thought.

The first lady of Egypt Suzanne Mubarak (rear R) and Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan (front R), the wife of United Arab Emirates Vice President, Prime Minister and ruler of Dubai Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, receive coffee from children with special needs during their visit to Rashid Paediatric therapy centre in Dubai May 28,2007. REUTERS/Ahmed Jadallah (UNITED ARAB EMIRATES)
Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3

Thanks Dazzling
Another high profile event for Haya ... looks like she has finally been promoted

Last edited by a moderator:
kaffir said:
Hmm looks like she has lost some weight, no?

She's the type of woman who'll always struggle - too short for her physique. All she can do is "limitation of damage" and wear clothes that accommodate her physique. No short skirts or tight stuff please! Unfortunately, she sometimes forgets about that.
What I don't like is her make-up. Looks like a mask and I am sure it's permanent. And, re her hair, it's either messy when hanging down or she's showing some over-the-top hairdo.
In general I think she's dressing much to old fashioned or serious for her age - but maybe this is how Mo wants to see her. Or he might have other women with other physiques around him anyway and so he doesn't care :lol:

Last edited:
She looks great, I just hope she learns how to dress and accentuate her petite body.

She does look nice. Makeup looks fine to me. Go figure.

Is it me or does it seem odd that Haya met Mrs. Muburak on arrival and so her off for departure, but Sheikha Hind or any other wives of sheikhs of the UAE took part in the arrival. I did not think that any of Mo's expat wives would take an official role in meeting with wives of foreign dignataries publicly. I know Haya is a royal by birth, but she is not a Emirati royal by birth, thus, meaning she would be like the other non-Emirati wives of Mo's--non-paticipatory in the fuction of government/royal official.

Akilah said:
Is it me or does it seem odd that Haya met Mrs. Muburak on arrival and so her off for departure, but Sheikha Hind or any other wives of sheikhs of the UAE took part in the arrival. I did not think that any of Mo's expat wives would take an official role in meeting with wives of foreign dignataries publicly. I know Haya is a royal by birth, but she is not a Emirati royal by birth, thus, meaning she would be like the other non-Emirati wives of Mo's--non-paticipatory in the fuction of government/royal official.

Haya's title is HRH Princess of Jordan, not Sheikha or Emirati Princess or "Princess of Dubai", how she was misleadingly called in Germany last year. So you are right, it seems strange that a foreigner is able to carry out representative duties for a country without even being granted the citizenship - Haya is a jordanian citizen, not from the UAE. For whatever reasons Mo allows her to do so - maybe simply because he wants the attention of the press as it always looks nicer when a female consort of a head of state is received by a woman. First I thought Haya is just in charge of the western visitors but for some time now she has received visitors from other arab countries too. However, the woman who should do these duties instead of Haya is Sheikha Hind, first lady of Dubai. She is - beside Haya - the only "official" wife. But given she's not allowed to be photographed, it does not make any sense media wise. Maybe Haya gets her share of media attention and Hind does the talking behind the scenes and Mo found a way to keep both wives happy :lol:

Since April PHaya is also leading the board of the new Dubai Humanitarian City.

Gulfnews: Haya to chair board of Dubai Humanitarian City

Her role in Dubai is increasing more and more and will be steadily further enlarged, IMO. I think, her husband wanted his own Queen Rania-Lalla Salma-Asma al-Assad-Sheikha Mozah etc. and Sheikha Hind was not the woman to play such a role while PHaya is a perfect choice for something like that (unlike the other women even royal by birth).

Veram98 said:
Since April PHaya is also leading the board of the new Dubai Humanitarian City.

Gulfnews: Haya to chair board of Dubai Humanitarian City

Her role in Dubai is increasing more and more and will be steadily further enlarged, IMO. I think, her husband wanted his own Queen Rania-Lalla Salma-Asma al-Assad-Sheikha Mozah etc. and Sheikha Hind was not the woman to play such a role while PHaya is a perfect choice for something like that (unlike the other women even royal by birth).

Yes, makes sense. However, if Mo wants a second Queen Rania this means there are laaaarge shoes to fill for Haya. Maybe Mo should start with calling KA and ask for the contact numbers of Rania's stylist, fashion adviser and personal trainer :lol:

Duke of Marmalade said:
Yes, makes sense. However, if Mo wants a second Queen Rania this means there are laaaarge shoes to fill for Haya. Maybe Mo should start with calling KA and ask for the contact numbers of Rania's stylist, fashion adviser and personal trainer :lol:

You are right, PHaya needs somebody who tells her how to dress.
But she is already improving ...
recently she did look nice

Veram98 said:
You are right, PHaya needs somebody who tells her how to dress.
But she is already improving ...
recently she did look nice

Yes, sometimes she does well. For me, the dress she wore when she received the wife of the japanese PM stood out. That was very nice. Sometimes she comes up with a highlight. Usually when I look at her dresses I forget how young she actually is. IMO too often she dresses like mid-fourties or older and much too conservative. Same with her hair, either too old fashioned or messy (especially when it's hanging down). She could do much better - keeping in mind she could afford best of best but doesn't (know how to) make use of it. Too bad.

She dressed less conservative before her marriage. Maybe it's her husband who likes the matronly look on her.
It's a pity, she is such a cute young woman (maybe a bit too short and sometimes too plump), I especially like her smile.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Yes, sometimes she does well. For me, the dress she wore when she received the wife of the japanese PM stood out. That was very nice. Sometimes she comes up with a highlight. Usually when I look at her dresses I forget how young she actually is. IMO too often she dresses like mid-fourties or older and much too conservative. Same with her hair, either too old fashioned or messy (especially when it's hanging down). She could do much better - keeping in mind she could afford best of best but doesn't (know how to) make use of it. Too bad.
I agree completely. Haya can afford the best and even if she doesn't like any catwalk designs couture would be a real option for her.

I don't really buy idea that matronly=modest. I know plenty of muslim women who manage to looks stylish and fashionable while still covering up.

Maybe Haya thinks that dressing very matronly or conservative will help to be taken more seriously? If so, she's very wrong.
Of course Haya is not Rania - she'll never be and of course should find her own style, but every now and then Haya could take a look at her sister in law and see how things can be done properly. Just take her hair - Rania's hair is very often hanging down but it always looks nice and stylish and not messy. I know it's not fair to compare their physique - Rania is tall and thin and Haya short and a bit chubby - but even for women with Haya's physique there are plenty of nice options fashionwise. All she has to do is learn to stress what is nice (in theory her hair, I am sure it's great to work with) or not so nice (her legs - she has to be aware of the right length and should not wear anything tight) and make the right choices. It's not so difficult, huh? Other women in the arab world, not only Rania, get that subject sorted very well too. It's not that everyone else is perfect, it's just a question of handling your looks in a professional manner.

All I have to say is heaven forbid should she get a stylist and begins to dress better. Oh the conversations that would stir...

Arab American Anti Discrimination Committee Honors Mohammed Bin Rashid with Global Leadership Award

Jun 10, 2007 - 06:54 -
Washington DC, June 10th, 2007 (WAM)--- The Wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE, Ruler of Dubai, Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein accepted the Arab-American Anti Discrimination Committee's Global Leadership Award on behalf of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The ADC's award comes in recognition of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum's leadership and vision, and commitment that contributed to the political and economic landscape in the UAE, but also around the entire world and has impacted the advancement of individuals of Arab origin globally.

Her Highness Princess Haya accepted the award on behalf of HH Sheikh Mohammed and delivered a speech on this occasion during the ADC Convention, the largest annual gathering of Arab-Americans in the US that hosts 3000 people, Congresswomen the Honorable Mary Rose Oakar, President of the ADC presented the Award to Princess Haya in the presence of UAE's Ambassador to the US His Excellency Mr. Saqer Ghabash.

This prestigious Global Leadership Award bestowed upon His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, she said, "is an honor for a man who is a true Arab and a true ambassador for us all in the 21st century....

link

photo

azrayy said:
Washington DC, June 10th, 2007. Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein accepted the Arab-American Anti Discrimination Committee's Global Leadership Award on behalf of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
She looks good, better than usual. Mo could have shown up himself for such an occasion or is there still trouble with the child jockey lawsuit? That would be a good excuse to stay at home ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom