Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 7: February 2008 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree that Madeleine is childish and selfish. I would have understood a couple of weeks of sorrow period, but this just goes on and on. I think it would be really rude and selfish from her to not to appear to her sister's wedding. Honestly I can't believe that happen. Also not celebrating Swedish national day is quite strange from a princess who should be representing her country.

Finnish newspapers write today that her friends have told media that Madeleine is planning to leave Sweden in the autumn. It was mentioned also here before. :ermm: If so, I wish that "there somewhere" she will represent her country and continue the job, instead of just resting and relaxing with friends.

It's one thing to be off duty for a couple months but to miss your own sisters pre-wedding celebrations is another. I was expecting more from her than this. It's kind of a slap in Victoria's face who flew here to attend the functions she was suppose to go to.

But I'm hoping they're just saying this to throw the press off and Maddie actually shows up.

Everyone handles break ups differently so who are we to speak about her getting over it?
I agree with your posts Zonk.

I don't think we have sufficient insight into Madeleine's current state of mind and emotional balance to make a judgment as to whether or not she is acting purely out of selfishness.
Three pictures of her smiling on a beach means nothing. She could be crying her heart out as soon as she is alone.

I doubt Victoria, who is currently swimming in happiness and about to marry the man she loves, looks at her sister, who was so recently humiliated and heartbroken, with any bitterness. Hopefully she is a bigger person than some of the people on this board.

That said, I fully agree that part of being Royal is knowing how to put on a brave face, knuckle up and smile through the pain.

So while I won't judge Madeleine as a person, it is indisputable that she is currently failing in her role as a Princess.

Everyone handles break ups differently so who are we to speak about her getting over it? Has anyone on this forum been publicly humiliated to the world? Your fiancee cheated on you...and its on every newstand? Its one thing for you to know its quite another for everyone to know it.

Is anyone privy to the conversations that Madeline had with Victoria? I am sure Victoria is disappointed but this is about her, and frankly if Madeline doesn't show up it says more about her than anything, and Victoria has other things on her mind.

Likewise, June 19th is three weeks away...who knows how Madeline will feel. She might turn up after all.

Who are we to speak about her getting over it? I think everyone on this forum who've been through what she's been through, especially infidelity and bad break-ups, can speak about it. No one on this forum may have been "publicly" humiliated but humiliated in their own scope and way. The saying goes, "To whom much is given, much is required". Because of her position in life she has to be more accountable than the "normal" person. Thats the thing about it, we don't know what's going on with the two sisters. But like everyone is saying, either way, whatevers going on, it's still wrong, selfish and childish. Some of the members mentioned that she should put her "big panties on" and I agree. I doubt we're all saying that she should stop feeling pain. I think we're saying that regardless of whats happened she should indeed be there. Be there in some way, somehow. Like you said she may turn up and I think that may be the smartest thing to do right now...

I totally understand that she's been publicly humiliated...but there's a gigantic plus side to that. The whole country is on her side and thinks Jonas is a dirtbag. Complete strangers are rooting for her - that should be somewhat comforting!

While I too think that ´hiding´ in Miami is not the smartest way to work this out, I cannot believe that this has happened without CP Victoria´s saying that she could. The Family surely has discussed this together and decided that this is the best course of action. They know even better that us, the way the media works, so they must have decided that it was worth it.
And still, Madeleine may decide after a short time to pick up some duties again. Better to pick them up at short notice, than cancel them at short notice.

I totally understand that she's been publicly humiliated...but there's a gigantic plus side to that. The whole country is on her side and thinks Jonas is a dirtbag. Complete strangers are rooting for her - that should be somewhat comforting!
But if the story isn´t as it seems, she might lose support very fast and could get confronted with it in public. Just a thought.

However so far her maneuver of hiding, had just brought more gossip up.

It is hard to judge her behavior because we are not in her shoes and experiencing her emotions.

That being said, if I was in her shoes, as much as I would enjoy a month long vacation from work and family, I would get back up on the horse and get back to living my life to the fullest, minus my ex-fiancee. If this had happened to me, I know my parents would have had a few choice words for me for being such a drama queen.

I sense that there is a lack of duty running through her veins and no one has the courage to tell her to stop behaving in such a way, or if they are, she is not listening. She needs to get on the first plane to Stockholm and get back to work.

Personally, I know as it comes closer to Victoria's wedding, I will be focusing on the bride and could really not care if Madelaine is there or not.

Who were these pictures taken by?
They look quite close up.

I have been cheated on and there is a BIG difference between the 20 or so people that knew about it and a couple of million, and pictures of you, your cheating ex, and the girl he cheated on you with on the newspapers day after day.

Its bad enough you don't feel good enough and you question why your significant other felt the need to cheat on you, and you start to question your worth without the whole world knowing about it.

I do agree that she has responsiblities and she should at least attend her sisters celebrations. That being said, I do remember my break up and I have to tell you at the time I thought my world would end, I could barely type my hands were shaking, etc. I would have LOVED the opportunity not to work and be on a beach in Miami. In retrospect, he was a loser but when you are young and in love (and I wasn't even engaged) who knows?

Maura724 - excellent posts and points. Its worth noting, however, that both Queen Sofia and Anne Marie are from a different time and were born royal so they knew of their responsiblities and so the bigger picture to some extent.

Last edited:
I've been cheated on too so I too know how it feels. Feels like you're about to die actually, but you do get over it. I wasn't saying it's not hard having the world knowing your problems, she along with women like Elin and Bullock are shamely humiliated, but the people who went through what she went through does have a right to speak about it. Everyone felt the same hurt, but different degrees of it. The public part of it has a lot to do with embarrassment. She is more embarrassed but in the end everyones humiliated in their own way. I get that Madeleines more humiliated than the average Joe.

But the break up was at least over three weeks ago, the last time she was set to work was three weeks ago, which shes canceled, and now has canceled the next three weeks of work, and after that is when the royal family goes on break. So all she would have to do was work for the next three weeks (and she didn't have much set for her to do) and then she would be able to go on break until August and then no one would have been able to said a word about it. But in stead she has cleared six weeks for her self. Some one mentioned not wanting her to fake her happiness for the sake of appearances, and they right she should have to, but she should have to show up! I don't expect her to have this bright smile on and carry on with her events, but I expect her to show up to them and do her job, especially after canceling in Seattle. I don't think anyone where is saying they don't feel sorry for her about the break up, but she still has to solider on.

There are rumors of her wanting to move out of Sweden, if she does that I have a hard time picturing her working full time for the family. If shes does, should that also be apart of her grieving and getting over the break up? That she should just drop all her duties and responsibilities and leave the country she is suppose to repersent so she can get over her break up?

Also you can't compare having to chose between ones position and getting married to a break up from someone who isn't worth marrying, no one is making her chose between the two.

Maura724 - excellent posts and points. Its worth noting, however, that both Queen Sofia and Anne Marie are from a different time and were born royal so they knew of their responsiblities and so the bigger picture to some extent.

Oh, totally agreed, Zonk. I think there's definitely a larger point to be made here about general contrasts between the two generations of royals. I think the current younger generation is much less willing in general to make sacrifices in any area.

They also didn't live in a time when their personal lives were splattered everywhere. Give the girl a break. She is miserable, I am sure and she has to see all of this on every media site.

But the break up was at least over three weeks ago, the last time she was set to work was three weeks ago, which shes canceled, and now has canceled the next three weeks of work, and after that is when the royal family goes on break. So all she would have to do was work for the next three weeks (and she didn't have much set for her to do) and then she would be able to go on break until August and then no one would have been able to said a word about it. But in stead she has cleared six weeks for her self. Some one mentioned not wanting her to fake her happiness for the sake of appearances, and they right she should have to, but she should have to show up! I don't expect her to have this bright smile on and carry on with her events, but I expect her to show up to them and do her job, especially after canceling in Seattle. I don't think anyone where is saying they don't feel sorry for her about the break up, but she still has to solider on.

There are rumors of her wanting to move out of Sweden, if she does that I have a hard time picturing her working full time for the family. If shes does, should that also be apart of her grieving and getting over the break up? That she should just drop all her duties and responsibilities and leave the country she is suppose to repersent so she can get over her break up?

Also you can't compare having to chose between ones position and getting married to a break up from someone who isn't worth marrying, no one is making her chose between the two.
I have to agree with you about doing her job. I mean, if every person that got cheated on took 6 weeks off from work, there'd be a lot more unemployed people walking the streets. She needs to put her big girl panties on and get on with it! Does it not register with her that her sister might just need her or want to spend time with her before she becomes a married woman.

Everyone has the right to do what they need to do to get their life back in focus. She doesn't have to work or have a paying job. She does nothing of great importance. She has the luxury of being miserable. Plus all those who may have suffered from terrible situations like this, didn't have them publicized. Look I have never had this happen so I don't know how it feels. But I lost my first husband when I was young and 6 days later I was back to work. That was what was best for me. There are other who cannot do that. They mourned in their way. No one has a right to judge someone else's msiery and how they should cope. We all have our own coping skills.

Google Translate

Madeleine has the right to set their job assignments?

Here's an article about Princess Madeleine's vacation in Miami. The reporter writes that the Princess found out something new about Jonas.

I wonder what that "something new" is. Hmmmmmm? Lol.

Perhaps the princess needed a break? If you are going full tilt and then get the rug swept underneath you, so to speak; rest and relaxation might be the best. I'm torn about her choice in Miami though... It's relaxing yes, but wouldn't Sweden, maybe Solliden be the same? Or any other country in the world. Yea, we've all had our hearts broken but what if this was her very 1st love? That one hurts the most, and it seems the older you are the more it hurts. I do wonder, as a side note, where is the King in all this?

:previous: Tell her he's cancelled all her plastic and booked her on the next flight home! SOooooo haul ass girl, the free ride is over! :D

:previous: Tell her he's cancelled all her plastic and booked her on the next flight home! SOooooo haul ass girl, the free ride is over! :D
Perfection!!!! I couldn't have thought of a better way to say it. I mean let's just get a grip here! :ROFLMAO:

She's laughing because somethings funny, but she's still hurting inside.

Madeleine is feeling ill in Sweden, so she is planning an exclusive celebrity dinner in London, shortly after Victoria's wedding. Her own first official mission after timeout is apparently a grand charity dinner, where amongst others Hugh Grant is invited. Invitations have just sent out. The dinner is for the benefit of Childhood Foundation. Madeleine stands as a hostess. The well-planned dinner is not included in Madeleine's public calendar - which is empty.
- We do not comment on what the princess does during this time, said Ulrika Näsholm, the royal court information officer.
Madeleine bjuder in till hemlig fest | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet

In Miami:
Zimbio

Thought she was in Miami?
So when she is ill, she plans celebrity dinners in another country.
If this was a real event, surely the information officer would confirm it?

Thought she was in Miami?
So when she is ill, she plans celebrity dinners in another country.
If this was a real event, surely the information officer would confirm it?

The dinner will be in London, maybe Madeleine is still in Miami?

The dinner will be in London, maybe Madeleine is still in Miami?

I never disputed the fact that the dinner will be in London.

Well it says that

Madeleine is feeling ill in Sweden

How can she be ill in Sweden, and having fun in Miami?

Celeb dinner? But she's not going to her sisters pre-wedding events? I guess this is all in hopes of getting over the break-up...Hugh Grant can make a girl laugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom