The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Well said CP5, if she was working for in the foundation or something similar the court would have said it so they could have avoid the press speculating on what the princess is doing, and on why did she cancel her presence on the prewedding events.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Nyhlén from SvenskDam quotes yesterday´s Aftonbladet:
Madeleine is at a wonderful vacation in Miami. She laughs, smiles and enjoys the sun. Aftonbladet published a series of pictures of the princess in the sun, including wearing a bikini. "The Princess has been enjoying the sun and has been seen on some of the city's finest restaurants"
Nyhlén also says that Madeleine knew that the engagement would break up long before the problems were made public.
Madeleine fortsätter sitt lyxiga jetsetliv i Miami - Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam

Old 05-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you LadyFinn. This article confirms what I've been saying. She is having fun. Like I said previously, when people go to Florida, including myself, pleasure is usually on the agenda. I hope Madeleine changes her mind and attends the pre-wedding events. This really isn't the time to soak up the sun.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

I actually find Madeleine's actions quite frustrating. I am so happy for Victoria right now because she has waited years for this moment and the spotlight and press should well and truly be on her and Daniel and their love. Now Madeleine is off sunning herself instead of being there for her sister. All the press at the pre wedding receptions will be commenting on Madeleine's absense and not Victoria and the thought of it makes me quite cross. Madeleine needs to think of her sister and come home
Old 05-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Courtier

Have you never been heartbroken? Have you never had a relationship ending badly? If the answer to both these questions are "no" you can call yourself lucky. Because despite her having fun and smiling, I think Madeleine is still hurting badly and she just tries to forget. And forgetting is better away from home in a new surrounding where nothing can remember you of what happened. Her sisters pre-wedding events would just hurt her. And though I think Victoria will be quiet sad and a little disappointed, that Madeleine won't be there, I think too, that she won't be truly angry with her little sister.

I think, Victoria will have thought about how her feelings were if she was in Madeleines shoes right now and her sisters wedding was coming up. It's the happiest time in Victorias life coming up now, but all the same it will be one of the hardest times for Madeleine. So don't blame her for keeping out of the (hurtful) pre-wedding events and trying to get her heart healt again. It's definitely not selfish. Its just human and understandable. And like I said, Victoria is probably the last one to blame her for that.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Aristocracy

I think this here is less about Jonas (and the lack of him in her "new" life) but about the press.
They want a "victim" and I think she isn´t the kind of type for this play.
Further I can imagine she is embarrassed about her poor judgement and angry about the intensive "stalking" by the press in April.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, I think it is time to stop feeling sorry for herself and think about others before induldging in another sunny jetset holiday. Most of us can't even take a week off after something hapened in our lives. Even after a funeral we are expected to go back to work immidiately etc. And certainly love troubles have never been a reason for any employer to give days off.

If Madelaine is really so heart broken and her sisters happiness is making her even more so, she might not want to see Victoria for the next 5 years. I mean, after the wedding there will probably be some pregnancies, and just imagine how poor Madde could have had all that too... sigh.

Life isn't always fun, for none of us. Face it, put on a brave face and just go on. There isn't much else you can do.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I actually find Madeleine's actions quite frustrating. I am so happy for Victoria right now because she has waited years for this moment and the spotlight and press should well and truly be on her and Daniel and their love. Now Madeleine is off sunning herself instead of being there for her sister. All the press at the pre wedding receptions will be commenting on Madeleine's absense and not Victoria and the thought of it makes me quite cross. Madeleine needs to think of her sister and come home
I am in total agreement crm. I think Madeleine has been overindulged all her life and someone should have the guts to tell her to Get a Life and stop trying to ruin her sister's wedding!

There. I've said it. Everything revolves around the baby and she's pitching a very public hissy fit. Every pre-wedding event, from shopping to the gala will carry pictures of Victoria alongside Madeleine and a discription of what she is doing instead. Madeleine is either stupid or narcisistic and I personally believe her inner child could do with a jolly good slap!

What is wrong with her parents, what is wrong with the royal spin doctors? This is a no brainer and Madeleine needs to get her butt home and stop being so damned selfish!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Courtier

ok, I get that she is heartbroken but please, she is a grown up person! Others in her age are equally or even worst heartbroken and they still manage to keep up appearances, and show evey day to work from 9 to 5. In the last months she has missed her father's birthday, Queen Margrethe's birthday and now she is away while the whole family is in a rush about her sister's marriage? She should stay in Sweden until Victoria's wedding and then go wherever she wants. One of the most important aspects of being a royal is keeping up appearances and behaving accordingly. I don't think that she is undignified, but she really shouldn't allow the press focusing on her and her vacations right now. Really, if she reacts like this now, what would it be like if something worse was to come?
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Courtier

This is all ridiculous! I can understand that she may not be in the mood to celebrate Victoria's wedding, but it doesn't really matter because this isn't about her. If my sister were getting married, it wouldn't matter what was going on in my life, I would be there for all the events (although we would certainly have much less grand ones than the SRF), no question! It's as though Madelaine is the only girl who's ever had a broken engagement. I saw a friend go through it last winter and, yes, she was upset, but she went on with her life. Madelaine needs to, too - she's only able to do this because of the spoiled, unrealistic life she leads. My friend had to move on because if she didn't, there wasn't anyone to support her financially - she couldn't afford to spend a couple months sunning herself on the beach.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

Oh no, she going on with life no problem. Miami is a great place to live life, she can tan to her hearts content. The problem isn't that shes isn't going on with life, but that shes going in the wrong direction. She isn't working, they have called off all her engagements, for a 2nd time (which makes the 1st time seem less about being so heart broken that she just couldn't carry on... and more about her not wanting to work) and acting like a child and not an adult. Instead of the next few weeks being devoted to and building up to the wedding, the attention is split with what shes doing, wheres shes vacation with week. What annoys me the most, is not like she was set to work 24-7 for next 3 weeks, she could have very easily used the down time between her duties to have her fun.

Now no matter what she does, she will be drawing attention away, they will continue to write what shes doing post break up all the way up the the wedding, and how shes for a second time canceled all her appoints leaving others to pick up the slack. When the pre-wedding events they focus wont just be on the couple, but also on how she bailed and decide that she for what ever reason just couldn't bring her self to occur, with updates on her vacation. Being royatly has the downside of the press in their personal life, but it has its perks as well, but you have to make sacrifices or there is no reason to keep them around. This reflects badly on the whole family letting her do this.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to Aftonbladet, Madeleine has cancelled all her duties because she got new information about Jonas Bergström. Therefore she left Sweden once again. Royal Court offers no explanation for Madeleine's absence. Nina Eldh told Aftonbladet:
- Princess Madeleine needs private time now, and she cancells all her public duties to the crown princess's wedding.
According to Aftonbladet the princess is worried that further details of the breakup with Bergström will leak out.
Hovet: Madeleine behöver privat tid efter brytningen med Jonas Bergström | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
If there is bad news regarding Jonas Bergström, I think that it will leak to the press anyway. And Madeleine should also know that, she can´t hide from the publicity forever.

Expressen writes that Madeleine wants to move out from Sweden in the autumn.
Madde flyttar från Sverige - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translator
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Courtier

I really hope Madeleine will think about her decision once again: not being around when your sister is having the happiest time in her life and celebrates her pre-wedding events is really poor. If I were Victoria I'd be really disappointed. I understand that she's heartbroken and I think it is okay that all her events have been cancelled until the wedding of Victoria and Daniel. I think it is also ok if she goes to Miami to blow away the cobwebs; but still there is no excuse to miss the pre-wedding events.

She wants to leave Sweden in autumn? Forever or just for a shorter period? How long will she hide from the press now? I think this would be rediculous. She needs find a better way to continue living her life.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Commoner

For me

She's free to do what ever she wants...
Old 05-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sorry but to cancel all her public duties because of a broken off engagement is childish. Yes she is heart broken, yes i grant she will be upset. But she needs to move on, she has a role to fulfill and atm she isn't doing anything.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I am really surprised by Madeleine's decision to stay away from her sister's pre-wedding events. Of course she's free to do what she thinks is right; but imo this is respectless towards her sister. Princess Victoria travelled to the United States to undertake Madeleine's engagements when she was in need of help; and now Madeleine won't be around when Victoria celebrates her wedding events? I understand that she needs time for herself; anyway: how often does your older sister get married? ... well, let's hope she won't stay away from the wedding itself...

Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
Have you never been heartbroken? Have you never had a relationship ending badly? If the answer to both these questions are "no" you can call yourself lucky.
Yes I have had these things happen to me and I am well aware that it isn't easy but I still had to sit exams and go to work. I couldnt afford to fly off to Miami. And if my sister needed me with her to get ready for my wedding I certainly would have been by her side. Maybe its just me but I wouldn't hvae been quite so understanding as Victoria is she is indeed ok with the situation
Old 05-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

She has the right to go on holiday when she wants, but to miss her sisters pre-wedding events is ridiculous.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Courtier

I believe this could easily turn against her in the future if she is not more careful. Right now she is not only to miss her sister's pre wedding events (which mean she would make a rather grand entrance in the wedding), but she is officially off duty for the second time in a short time. That can result to very serious critisicm in the press if she keeps behaving like that, and people might start discussing if it is really neccessary for the 3rd in line to the throne to perform duties at allif she seems she isn't really up to. I don't know, maybe I am wrong , I don't know Swedes and how they think after all, but I can't not stop thinking about this possibility.
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflower View Post
I believe this could easily turn against her in the future if she is not more careful.
It can turn against her now, never mind the future.

Tags
current events, princess madeleine