Princess Lilian, Current Events Part 2: January 2005 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. It does not look too good. Two falls and breaks within 7 months at that age! I read somewhere that she has not been since in public since the Nobel Prize ceremonies of Dec 2006.
Good wishes going the princess's way.
The last time she was seen in Public was at the King's birthday in April 2008 when she watched togehter with the Queen and other Family membes from the Palace Window. But she had to leaver earlier because it was to hot for her.

Great news! Thanks Lady Finn for the update.

how is lilians heaqlt today
do you think we will see her before victorias wedding next year

That is my mummy. She died not long after this interview. Princess Lilian flew over for the funeral and my sister's little boy sat in between us in the church. I took the last dree mummy was making back to Switzerland and finished it there. Mummy was a fun and lovely lady. We miss her very much. Liz in Switzerland.

Great to see the grand lady Princess Lilian after a long time! I hope she good well.
And I hope she can attend the wedding in June!

I was wondering too, will we see her at Victoria's wedding?

It is Princess Lilian is love aunt at royal family!!! Princess Lilian is 94 year and pretty aunt!

This explains her long absence from public events; it is indeed very sad.

Very sad to hear about Princess Lillians condition :sad: She´s such an lovely lady with the most lovely sence of humour

How sad! My godmother had alzheimers and it was thee worst experience ever. It was very sad for my family and she eventually passed away. I hope the RF spends lots of time with her.

Terrible news for her and her family... the only good thing to say is, after a while, she won't be able to fully realize what is happening to her and she won't suffer (the opposite for her family, I know what I am speaking about unfortunately !)

I too am thinking about her family at this time. Alzheimer's is a beast! The one thing that rominet09 said about her not realizing what is happening is a true blessing. I saw my father die of Alzheimer's and what my Mom went through, especially the last year of his life. It is not pretty and can be very frustrating for her caregivers. It is heartbreaking to know that she won't be able to attend Victoria's wedding, but knowing what I know about the disease, it's for the best.

Don't forget that the persons affected are in their own little private world and have a very short memory....if something hurt them after two minutes they don't even remember and in certains circumstances it can be a blessing...
And their illness doesn't dicrease the love their family has for them it increases it !

Princess Lillian has lived her entire life with grace and dignity. God Bless Her!

I had a feeling that she might have some form of dementia and it's very tragic for those with Alzheimer's, to see a once vital individual slip away first mentally then physically. My father had the disease and was diagnosed at 57.

What sad news for the Swedish Royals! I hope they are able to spend as much time as they possibly can with her. I wish them all the best.

This is very sad news. As Rominet09 pointed out it is a blessing for Princess Lilian that in a while she won't be able to realize what's happening to her. It's hard in the beginning, though.

I agree with Suztav, Princess Lilian is a truly admirable Lady. God bless her. :flowers:

So so sad-Alzheimer's is a really horrible disease for the family to have to endure. :sad:

these are sad new, I hope that Princess Lilian will not suffer much from this awful disease . No wonder Victoria was teary whe she received the portrait . I wish that she will be able to understand what is going on with Victoria;s wedding and even watch a bit on TV, IMO it would make her happy to know that her grand niece is happily getting married.I don't know it this is serious yet but, I have the feeling that , given she was not seen in public for quite a time , the family knew about bit for some serious time and was not much willingto make it public and that the diease has progressed until now. IMO it doesn't seem much coincidence to me that the announcement make right before Victoria's wedding , which she was really expected to attend as a family member. I feel sorry for her, she doesn't deserve it , not her and not anyone else suffering from this

It´s sad news to me..my grandmother died of the same disease as Princess Lilian is having..Now it make sence to me why CP Victoria became sad when she and Daniel resived the painting of a young Princess Lilian..It´s hard for the relativs to know why a dearly member of the family just can´t remember any more.
I hope that the family will show Princess Lilian alot of picturs from her past, her life with the royal family and the rest of the european family..

Princess lilian of sweden

Hello

Is there anyone who can help me with a query please.

I'm trying to find out if Lilian May Davies had any brothers or sisters and if any of them or their children if they had any are still in Wales.

Any information would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Stephen Luke

i would agreed alzheimers can killed Princess Lilian but she not attend CP Victoria's wedding but she missed it..

Alzheimers can not kill her but WILL kill Princess Lillian and i don´t think that she was missing it at all..She migth have seen it all on TV in her home...

Is it known how far the Alzheimer has still distroyed Lilians body? I wish her the best medical treatment and a long time that she could take part aware. Perhaps she get help from Silviahemmet.

Is it known how far the Alzheimer has still distroyed Lilians body? I wish her the best medical treatment and a long time that she could take part aware. Perhaps she get help from Silviahemmet.

I think she'll have; luckily for her, she has a very affectionate (Royal) family, and the best treatment should not be a problem, also economically.

Does anyone know if she have any relatives from her brittish family alive? I was looking at her wikipediasite and it stated she was an only child. Did her parents have any siblings she had contact with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom